Author Topic: Hipster Fight!!!!  (Read 27092 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: Hipster Fight!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 01:47:27 pm »
Maybe we could start a rumour the wavves dude is a closet weezer fananntic, in order to realy bllow his crred...   

He's been doing a good enough job of blowing his cred on his own.

He's probably blowing all kinds of stuff!

andyrichter

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 02:49:27 pm »
I thought you were talking about the 2 hipsters ready to brawl over karen o's towel at the yyy's show last night.  ;D

I want this thread to encompass all kinds of hipster brawls! Give us your account of what happened!

Here are said friends Twitter recaps:

http://twitter.com/PopJew

http://twitter.com/shamefortune

Pretty amazing stuff!

After Karen O threw her towel into the front row, I saw barricade security flashing a light in that direction.   I?m about 6 rows center deep so I thought someone had collapsed or something.  The next thing I know, I see 3 hipsters (I think they were all wearing flannel) coming towards me in a full on tug of war over the towel.  Some serious, intense stare downs and hard looks.  One hipster drops out so it?s down to the heavy hipster and the black hipster.  This went on for a good 30 seconds before the heavy hipster with the obvious leverage finally won and started clutching the towel like he just discovered his childhood blankie.  Dude then runs off to the back.  No punches were thrown unfortunately.  Security left the catfight alone because they were probably LOLing like the rest of us who saw it.  All I know is, I wouldn't want to be that towel right about now. 

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 04:07:19 pm »
This hipster ninja elf looks like he's ready to kick some faux hipster ass!

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2009, 04:09:54 pm »
let's make this thread a place for all things hipster craptastic....

releasing crappy sounding indie records on a a crappy sounding format makes perfect sense to me....

http://nymag.com/arts/popmusic/features/59222/

Let?s Go to the Audiotape
A Brooklyn label so retro it releases cassettes.

You have not heard the bands distributed by local independent record label Woodsist?home to such acts as Ganglians, Blank Dogs, and Psychedelic Horseshit?in that new iPod commercial. David Bowie and David Byrne have not become backstage fixtures at their shows. Pharrell, to date, has no interest in remixing their music. This is not that kind of Brooklyn-indie-rock success story. Instead, the scene that has grown around Woodsist?run single-handedly by Jeremy Earl, the reticent front man of the label?s default flagship band, Woods?has been refreshingly retro. ?I kinda just put out whatever bands I?m digging,? Earl says of his label, which, in addition to releasing vinyl and CDs, has a cassette-only arm called Fuck It Tapes.

blah blah blah

There's a British outfit called The Tapeworm that, as may be obvious by the name, specializes in cassettes. They've only released a few and they're limited to a few hundred or so. Forced Exposure added the Stephen O'Malley tape just last week and it's already sold out.
😐 🎶

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2009, 05:05:23 pm »
This whole thing has been SO inspirational to me. I'm thinking of going a step further...

I'm going to make Vulvva happen. It's going to be an all-girl Wavves cover band.

I'm getting three of my girlfriends together, putting guitars in their hands, and making them play along to the record. I also think they should adequately "cover" his meltdown, so it should be a 40-minute headlining set. I honestly think it will sell out, and that it could be huge!

I'm the Joe Jackson of this whole situation right now!
Woof.

vansmack

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2009, 06:12:17 pm »
Good stuff here.

Closest I ever got to a fight with a hipster was when I ordered a can of Olympia in a bar and this hipster looking dude made some comment to his buddies about the beer making me a hipster or trying to be hipster, I don't remember. 

I said to the guy "I'm not a hipster and I can prove it.  I wear plastic rimmed glasses because I can't see..." to the guy wearing huge oversized plastic glasses. I said it really mean and thought for a split second that he might punch me.  Then I looked at his face and it looked like he was going to cry so I just walked away.   
27>34

azaghal1981

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 06:22:26 pm »
I'm there!
So there!

This whole thing has been SO inspirational to me. I'm thinking of going a step further...

I'm going to make Vulvva happen. It's going to be an all-girl Wavves cover band.

I'm getting three of my girlfriends together, putting guitars in their hands, and making them play along to the record. I also think they should adequately "cover" his meltdown, so it should be a 40-minute headlining set. I honestly think it will sell out, and that it could be huge!

I'm the Joe Jackson of this whole situation right now!
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 11:18:11 am »
احمد

walkonby

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 01:43:38 pm »
More from BV

it looks like ixkpd-bk can't be forumer of the month or year or whatever . . . he got the story wrong from the start.  jared "lost".  how unhipster.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 02:40:06 pm »
killjoy  :-[
T.Rex

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2009, 06:58:50 am »
More from BV

it looks like ixkpd-bk can't be forumer of the month or year or whatever . . . he got the story wrong from the start.  jared "lost".  how unhipster.

You guys have no idea how disappointed I am in the fact that it was JARED who lost. Not to mention, after his whole "faggot"-riddled apology, I'm starting to like this Wavves kid. Sad.
Woof.

azaghal1981

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2009, 09:47:31 am »
Let's call it like it is. Both are absolutely worthless.
احمد

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2009, 04:21:59 pm »
ROFL @ hipster fight. Sounds like a few cats were beefing over who's pants were tighter.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2009, 06:33:40 pm »
ROFL @ hipster fight. Sounds like a few cats were beefing over who's pants were tighter.
At least no one got murdered debating who had raped the most ho's like in a hiphop fight!

walkonby

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2009, 08:25:49 pm »
More from BV

You guys have no idea how disappointed I am in the fact that it was JARED who lost. Not to mention, after his whole "faggot"-riddled apology, I'm starting to like this Wavves kid. Sad.

don't you mean "sadd"?

At least no one got murdered debating who had raped the most ho's like in a hiphop fight!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 08:31:17 pm by walkonby »