Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182830 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #10185 on: January 26, 2021, 05:04:44 pm »
Oh, we're in luck. They use proxy services that you select at checkout.

i have a different reading of their rules than you do:

Since we do not ship beer directly to these listed destinations, you could make use of a proxy i.e. a person or third party which receives and forwards your box.
Please note this comes with additional costs.

Using a proxy is possible as long as the shipping address of your proxy resides in a country listed under Zone A. In such case, modify your shipping address during checkout to reflect the address of your own proxy. We will send your parcel(s) to the indicated shipping address of your proxy through FedEx at the applicable rates.

It is up to the buyer to make arrangements and to request for additional info. 3 Fonteinen does not intervene in this process.
Our liability stops with delivering items on the indicated shipping address. Be aware that additional costs might incur.

my understanding is that you can ship them to a friend (proxy) or a company that does this (proxy service) in one of their eligible countries, but that's all they are willing to do.  once your box gets to your proxy in, say, the UK, it's up to you and the proxy to figure out how you get it to the US - 3F is no longer involved.  there is no mention of a "proxy service".  the extra fee is for the hassle of the payer being in one country but the shipping destination is in another.  if you choose a proxy service, you'll have to pay their fees (in addition to double shipping and 3F's proxy fee).
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #10186 on: January 26, 2021, 05:11:03 pm »
Oh, we're in luck. They use proxy services that you select at checkout.

i have a different reading of their rules than you do:

Since we do not ship beer directly to these listed destinations, you could make use of a proxy i.e. a person or third party which receives and forwards your box.
Please note this comes with additional costs.

Using a proxy is possible as long as the shipping address of your proxy resides in a country listed under Zone A. In such case, modify your shipping address during checkout to reflect the address of your own proxy. We will send your parcel(s) to the indicated shipping address of your proxy through FedEx at the applicable rates.

It is up to the buyer to make arrangements and to request for additional info. 3 Fonteinen does not intervene in this process.
Our liability stops with delivering items on the indicated shipping address. Be aware that additional costs might incur.

my understanding is that you can ship them to a friend (proxy) or a company that does this (proxy service) in one of their eligible countries, but that's all they are willing to do.  once your box gets to your proxy in, say, the UK, it's up to you and the proxy to figure out how you get it to the US - 3F is no longer involved.  there is no mention of a "proxy service".  the extra fee is for the hassle of the payer being in one country but the shipping destination is in another.  if you choose a proxy service, you'll have to pay their fees (in addition to double shipping and 3F's proxy fee).

Other than the fact I've had multiple boxes shipped to me in the past year, I suppose we'll follow your understanding.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10187 on: January 26, 2021, 06:00:24 pm »
Other than the fact I've had multiple boxes shipped to me in the past year, I suppose we'll follow your understanding.

you've ordered directly from this 3F online shop recently?  cool!  if so, i wonder why their instructions are so misleading (or why my reading comprehension is so poor...)
<sig>

« Reply #10188 on: January 26, 2021, 06:06:16 pm »
Though 120 euros is $146, so maybe your math is off?
I was adding shipping...it's costs $24 to send a Record from Europe, gotta imagine it will cost $45 to send 3 Magnums
slack

Yada

« Reply #10189 on: January 26, 2021, 06:25:56 pm »

you've ordered directly from this 3F online shop recently?  cool!  if so, i wonder why their instructions are so misleading (or why my reading comprehension is so poor...)

They've been selling through this website since the pandemic started... But no point in mentioning it here!

Yada

« Reply #10190 on: January 26, 2021, 06:40:29 pm »
Though 120 euros is $146, so maybe your math is off?
I was adding shipping...it's costs $24 to send a Record from Europe, gotta imagine it will cost $45 to send 3 Magnums

There are other options other than the three pack of magnums, not equal to three regular beers. You need to scroll past the fold.

Yada

« Reply #10191 on: January 26, 2021, 06:55:06 pm »
sweets, after re-reading your post, we *MAY* be saying the same thing. This is the process...

1. Buy beer on 3F
2. At check out (and i haven't done it in a few months and as you said, the language is confusing), you pick a proxy service. Belgium in a Box used to the go to for me, but they went belly up during the pandemic. Etre Gourmet is the other option.
3. 3F ships the box to Etre Gourment for a nominal fee (the last time it was $9.99) as these places are literally a few blocks from each other.
4. Etre Gourmet contacts you when they receive the box (typically a week or two).
5. Once received, you pay for shipping to the US from etre, however, they will hold your box for up to three months and let you fill it with other goodies from their website to maximize your shipping costs.
6. My last box came with 16 bottles that included three bottles of 3f Zenne (once a whale), five bottles of 3 shelfies including Gueze AG, OG Gueze, and Kriek, six bottles of Cantillon, and two bottles of De Cam and Fabriek (a lambic maker I've never had).
7. Grand total came to $22 bucks a bottle after everything.
8. Now that sidepour is having a coronary, let me know if there is anywhere in the US you can get any of those bottles for that price even if they're very similar to the sours Lost Rhino is producing.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #10192 on: January 26, 2021, 07:06:04 pm »
yikes that's a lot of work to get a drink!
Seems you've found a way to get the space per oz cost to a reasonable level

Not sure why you keep tagging me with the Lost Rhino Sours...don't think I've ever said one thing about their beers, but I guess that sticking

I don't really care that you got these super exclusive beers...would you like a gold star?
slack

Yada

« Reply #10193 on: January 26, 2021, 07:11:01 pm »
yikes that's a lot of work to get a drink!
Seems you've found a way to get the space per oz cost to a reasonable level

Not sure why you keep tagging me with the Lost Rhino Sours...don't think I've ever said one thing about their beers, but I guess that sticking

I don't really care that you got these super exclusive beers...would you like a gold star?

I've never mentioned lost rhino in my life (port city was the last reference) but you seem to equate any shitty beer with really good beer and say it's the same thing.

This is a beer thread, sorry for posting about opportunities to get great beer but we've already been down that road. No gold star needed.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10194 on: January 26, 2021, 08:38:43 pm »
sweets, after re-reading your post, we *MAY* be saying the same thing. This is the process...

1. Buy beer on 3F
2. At check out (and i haven't done it in a few months and as you said, the language is confusing), you pick a proxy service. Belgium in a Box used to the go to for me, but they went belly up during the pandemic. Etre Gourmet is the other option.
3. 3F ships the box to Etre Gourment for a nominal fee (the last time it was $9.99) as these places are literally a few blocks from each other.
4. Etre Gourmet contacts you when they receive the box (typically a week or two).
5. Once received, you pay for shipping to the US from etre, however, they will hold your box for up to three months and let you fill it with other goodies from their website to maximize your shipping costs.
6. My last box came with 16 bottles that included three bottles of 3f Zenne (once a whale), five bottles of 3 shelfies including Gueze AG, OG Gueze, and Kriek, six bottles of Cantillon, and two bottles of De Cam and Fabriek (a lambic maker I've never had).
8. Now that sidepour is having a coronary, let me know if there is anywhere in the US you can get any of those bottles for that price even if they're very similar to the sours Lost Rhino is producing.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

we agree on #1 and #8 ;D

what you wrote above is indeed what i understood you to be saying, and that was not my understanding.  per my reading, you don't get to pick a proxy service.  you need to find someone, or a service, on your own and you're responsible for making arrangements once the package arrives.  the 3F website is not involved with anyone proxy'ing.

i just put a mix pack in my cart, went to checkout, put in my US address, hit "go to shipping" and:

This order can’t be shipped to your location. Contact the store for more information.

Sorry, due to limitations we cannot proceed with this order. No shipping rates are available as either the order exceeds the maximum allowed weight or we currently do not offer shipping to United States. For more information, contact us at shop@3fonteinen.be

i have a screenshot but am too lazy to upload and link. 

based on your previous experience, sounds like they've changed their shipping rules.  booooooo :(
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #10195 on: January 26, 2021, 08:39:53 pm »
Guys, you can get Hopslam at Kroger. Why are you going to all this trouble?
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #10196 on: January 26, 2021, 08:42:45 pm »

1. Buy beer on 3F

we agree on #1 and #8 ;D

what you wrote above is indeed what i understood you to be saying, and that was not my understanding.  per my reading, you don't get to pick a proxy service.  you need to find someone, or a service, on your own and you're responsible for making arrangements once the package arrives.  the 3F website is not involved with anyone proxy'ing.

i just put a mix pack in my cart, went to checkout, put in my US address, hit "go to shipping" and:

This order can’t be shipped to your location. Contact the store for more information.

Sorry, due to limitations we cannot proceed with this order. No shipping rates are available as either the order exceeds the maximum allowed weight or we currently do not offer shipping to United States. For more information, contact us at shop@3fonteinen.be

i have a screenshot but am too lazy to upload and link. 

based on your previous experience, sounds like they've changed their shipping rules.  booooooo :(

Negative, nothing has changed you actually manually type in the etre gourmet address as the shipping address. Sorry for the confusion!

Space Freely

« Reply #10198 on: January 26, 2021, 09:18:06 pm »
Speaking of 3F, they start shipping to MD and DC in February. All the Zombie Dust you want!

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #10199 on: January 26, 2021, 10:48:30 pm »
Nice. Been a while since I've had any.

Edit: where'd you read about that?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 10:58:12 pm by StoneTheCrow »