Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3216349 times)

Bagley

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #9960 on: November 12, 2020, 10:32:05 am »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9961 on: November 12, 2020, 11:06:24 am »
I've had like two of those. Not sure what help I can be.
LVMH

« Reply #9962 on: November 12, 2020, 11:23:14 am »

Jules,

Please advise
Asking jules for beer advice would be like asking hutch for fashion advice
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #9963 on: November 12, 2020, 11:46:18 am »
I think the best ones probably already sold out yesterday. I picked up a couple of Veil single cans at the Bruery store in DC. I also picked up a four pack of this one at Other Half. Had one last night and damn, wish i had bought more. That said, I have too much beer so glad i limited myself.

https://untappd.com/b/other-half-brewing-co-b-e-r-r-y-m-a-l-l-o-w-j-r-e-a-m-c-r-u-n-c-h-e-e-imperial-strawberry-marshmallow-crunchee-granola/4040549

hutch

« Reply #9964 on: November 12, 2020, 12:59:33 pm »
You are a prudent man.

« Reply #9965 on: November 12, 2020, 01:00:56 pm »
That said, I have too much beer
You know we can do something like Hutch's vinyl send outs...you could just mail me a random 4 pack of beer that your worried won't be fresh in a month, but don't have the time to drink
slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #9966 on: November 12, 2020, 01:07:49 pm »
I found a can of Other Half beer in the back of the fridge last week. It was about a month old so I was super pissed to find it.

It was not good. Expensive drain pour. Drink em fresh or not at all.

Yada

« Reply #9967 on: November 12, 2020, 01:09:36 pm »
That said, I have too much beer
You know we can do something like Hutch's vinyl send outs...you could just mail me a random 4 pack of beer that your worried won't be fresh in a month, but don't have the time to drink

Can you imagine the financial impact that would put on Space and his family? It would most likely take months if not years and dozens of posts on this forum to recover.

« Reply #9968 on: November 12, 2020, 01:25:31 pm »
slack

« Reply #9969 on: November 19, 2020, 02:56:02 pm »
wasted no time getting this to market

Now, Ireland’s Rascals Brewing Company has announced its own homage to the hilarious affair with a new beer: Four Saisons Total Landscaping.

hopefully doesn't taste like rudy's hair dyesweat
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 02:57:37 pm by Rudy's hair dye ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9970 on: November 19, 2020, 03:42:55 pm »
^ great pun.

i wonder if it tastes grassy.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9971 on: November 20, 2020, 09:20:36 pm »
sapwood's memberships/clubs for 2021 now on sale:
https://sapwoodcellars.com/product/2021-sap-club-membership/
https://sapwoodcellars.com/product/2021-wood-club-membership/

also some damn tasty cans and bottles about to be released tomorrow:

"November 21st Can Release:

The Dragon ($20/4-pack) 8.0% ABV DIPA with Nelson Sauvin, Hallertau Blanc, and Mosaic Cryo. Most of our DIPAs are bright, fruity, and juicy... not The Dragon! It's a different sort of hoppy beer, that balances tropical against dank, spicy against winey. It is brewed with barley, oats, wheat and rye. We hop it with a blend of varieties that contain high levels of 3S4MP, which provides an aroma similar to Sauvignon Blanc's distinct grapefruit-rhubarb notes.

Cheater Hops #14 ($18/4-pack) 6.8% ABV IPA DDH with Motueka. A handful of hop varieties pack such appealing aromatics that brewing with them is like cheating. We named our ever-changing series of IPAs “Cheater Hops” in their honor. We are honest brewers, that's why we can admit when we cheat! We double dry-hopped Cheater Hops #14 with over four pounds-per-barrel of New Zealand Motueka for its lime, spice, and tropical fruit aromatics. Wheat and oats support the hops along with a bit of sweetness and a hint of vanilla from our house English ale strain!

If you want added variety, pre-order here for cans of a dark lager (Prophecy of the Clock), Double-Dry-Hopped IPL (Different But Same Same), Citra-hopped hazy pale ale (Rings of Light), or a stone fruit vanilla sour (Drupe Scoop) from the release two weeks ago. We also have bottles of Growing Season Cherry (our kriek-inspired barrel-aged sour) from last week's release!

All of the new releases are on tap already! During the release, Dizzy Cow Pizza will be here and we'll have indoor and outdoor seating available at the tasting room Friday through Sunday.

More info and pre-order"

(you can also order their kreik and other assorted cans)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 09:22:44 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #9972 on: November 20, 2020, 09:44:58 pm »
Hit the new Pen Druid location in Sperryville today. Just a damn lovely place to sit out and drink a beer at. And of course their wild ales are spot on.

Back to Elder Pine tomorrow. Note to self to get there early since they'll limit the patrons.

Also hit a newish place in Warrenton last week called Barking Rose. Their focus seems to be German and Belgian beers. Really nice outdoor space and the dopplebock was quite tasty. The owner was a really friendly dude. Reminded me a little bit of Sweetcell.

WALKonBack

« Reply #9973 on: November 20, 2020, 09:55:59 pm »
Awesome to know about Pen Druid.  Been wanting to hit the new place!!  I love those guys so much.

« Reply #9974 on: November 20, 2020, 10:27:34 pm »
The Answer cans available in Arlington!
slack