Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182397 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #9435 on: August 13, 2019, 03:21:12 pm »
^hey we bring our kids with us too...

And our kids hate us when we do.
I never said they liked it....

Haha, so true. Those days when my kid enjoyed just going anywhere are gone forever, or until she becomes an adult.. Now it has to be *her* thing for her to enjoy it.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #9436 on: August 14, 2019, 04:38:49 pm »

« Reply #9437 on: August 14, 2019, 04:48:10 pm »
Spaghett!

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/wet-city-brewing-spaghett

could have gone in the smakie thread...
three ingredients—Miller High Life, Aperol, and lemon juice—and had all the characteristics I was looking for without my even knowing it: light, fruity, slightly bitter, and just tart enough to lead you back for another sip.
. I just pour an ounce of Aperol and lemon juice directly into a bottle of High Life, aaaand done

I want to try it!
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9438 on: August 29, 2019, 09:43:46 am »
Founders: No plans to brew top-rated Canadian Breakfast Stout after 2019
https://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/nightlife/2019/08/28/founders-canadian-breakfast-stout/2052250001/
<sig>

« Reply #9439 on: August 29, 2019, 09:50:26 am »
first they remove the mountie...now this!
I think they are trying to create demand for all those 2018 bottle still on the shelf ;)
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9440 on: August 29, 2019, 01:30:31 pm »
speaking of founders:

Spanish brewer Mahou to acquire Founders Brewing
https://mibiz.com/sections/food-agribusiness/spanish-brewer-mahou-to-acquire-founders-brewing
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #9441 on: August 29, 2019, 02:36:17 pm »
After nearly a year, Sapwood is finally releasing bottles to their club members... Expectations are high.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9442 on: August 29, 2019, 03:00:29 pm »
sours take at least a year to mature, so the delay isn't surprising.
<sig>

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #9443 on: August 29, 2019, 03:27:49 pm »
Just got back from Ashville.  In the downtown area they have about 8 (or more) micro breweries within a 4 block area (Green Man, Burial, Wicked Weed to name a few).  I'm not a big beer drinker, but the breweries are a blast to visit.  Good food, beer (obviously), music and atmosphere.  If you want bigger craft breweries they have New Belgium (#4) and Sierra Nevada (#3).  On top of that its a really cool city in the mountains to visit.

Space Freely

« Reply #9444 on: August 29, 2019, 03:29:57 pm »
Just got back from Ashville.  In the downtown area they have about 8 (or more) micro breweries within a 4 block area (Green Man, Burial, Wicked Weed to name a few).  I'm not a big beer drinker, but the breweries are a blast to visit.  Good food, beer (obviously), music and atmosphere.  If you want bigger craft breweries they have New Belgium (#4) and Sierra Nevada (#3).  On top of that its a really cool city in the mountains to visit.

All true. And locals spell it "Asheville." Like Arthur Ashe though he was from Richmond.

Yada

« Reply #9445 on: August 29, 2019, 04:00:14 pm »
sours take at least a year to mature, so the delay isn't surprising.

Bagley

« Reply #9446 on: September 04, 2019, 11:11:15 am »
Enjoyed Aslin's Oh Jackie Wilson at my local watering hole over the weekend.  At 5.5% (doubledry hopped) , what's not to like?

WALKonBack

« Reply #9447 on: September 04, 2019, 11:47:14 am »

Heading there soon!!   Any advice on some  airbnb's to stay while they are? We can't figure out whether we want to stay downtown or in a cabin in the woods?

Yada

« Reply #9448 on: September 04, 2019, 12:02:09 pm »
Any beer brethren going to the Aslin party?

See you there

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9449 on: September 04, 2019, 12:05:01 pm »

Heading there soon!!   Any advice on some  airbnb's to stay while they are? We can't figure out whether we want to stay downtown or in a cabin in the woods?
Stay at the Grand Bohemian or the Omni. You'll be happy you took my advice.

If sold on a cabin, Marriott's Homes program has a lot of nice cabin-like properties out by Lake Lure.
LVMH