Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181655 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #9600 on: December 10, 2019, 03:00:03 pm »

« Reply #9601 on: December 12, 2019, 08:53:18 am »
Curious what they paid, considering it was bought for $1bil 4 years ago
Kinda got my question answered

[just four years after dropping $1 billion on craft brewing upstart Ballast Point, Constellation Brands (NYSE:STZ) is selling its record-making prize for an undisclosed sum (read, pennies on the dollar) to tiny operation Kings and Convicts Brewing just outside of Chicago. According to Constellation's most recent quarterly filing, it valued Ballast Point at just $17 million. Yikes.
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #9602 on: December 12, 2019, 09:05:48 am »

[just four years after dropping $1 billion on craft brewing upstart Ballast Point, Constellation Brands (NYSE:STZ) is selling its record-making prize for an undisclosed sum (read, pennies on the dollar) to tiny operation Kings and Convicts Brewing just outside of Chicago. According to Constellation's most recent quarterly filing, it valued Ballast Point at just $17 million. Yikes.

Todd Alstrom, fco-ounder of Beer Advocate, posted this:

According to numerous sources, K&C paid somewhere between $50 and $80 million.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/kings-convicts-brewing-co-buys-ballast-point-brewing-co-from-constellation-brands.628376/page-4

« Reply #9603 on: December 12, 2019, 10:32:15 am »

Todd Alstrom, fco-ounder of Beer Advocate, posted this:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/kings-convicts-brewing-co-buys-ballast-point-brewing-co-from-constellation-brands.628376/page-4
so .08 cents on the dollar!

what sucks personally is I was talking with my broker and wanted to get a play on the legal weed market with my investments
unfortunately there aren't that many options in the US market, but he's like 'get STZ they are pouring tons of cash into it'
so while not getting pennies on the dollar, I did 'buy high' ;)

slack

vansmack

« Reply #9604 on: December 12, 2019, 02:32:21 pm »

I was told $75m buy a brewer out here who seemed in the know.
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9605 on: December 12, 2019, 03:41:10 pm »

I was told $75m buy a brewer out here who seemed in the know.
Sweetcell?
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #9606 on: December 12, 2019, 04:11:42 pm »
Sweetcell?

Sorry, I'll edit my comment to reflect that it was a real brewer.

Which reminds me, last night my favorite bartender at my favorite beer hall down the street from our house had a good laugh about sweetcell.  Whilst he was last visiting, I took him there and he tried all kinds of fancy brews and provided his comments to the bartender, who is not the brewer.  Our favorite was the fancy beer he had that had too much yeast, he may have even described it as "yeasty" while smacking his lips so every time she brings me my blonde, she asks me about the yeast content.  And then we have a good laugh about him.....   
27>34

« Reply #9607 on: December 12, 2019, 05:43:59 pm »
wanna save 20% next time you go to churchkey (or any NRG place)...offer good for next 12 days

slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9608 on: December 12, 2019, 05:45:21 pm »
Sorry, I'll edit my comment to reflect that it was a real brewer.

Which reminds me, last night my favorite bartender at my favorite beer hall down the street from our house had a good laugh about sweetcell.  Whilst he was last visiting, I took him there and he tried all kinds of fancy brews and provided his comments to the bartender, who is not the brewer.  Our favorite was the fancy beer he had that had too much yeast, he may have even described it as "yeasty" while smacking his lips so every time she brings me my blonde, she asks me about the yeast content.  And then we have a good laugh about him.....   

ouch.  and ouch.
<sig>

« Reply #9609 on: December 12, 2019, 05:50:40 pm »
ouch.  and ouch.
I know....would expect that from Jules
but that was some shot across the bow from Cap't Smakie
slack

vansmack

« Reply #9610 on: December 12, 2019, 06:44:46 pm »
Come on!  I was just trying to spread some holiday cheer!
27>34

Joke Insurance

« Reply #9611 on: December 17, 2019, 03:10:04 pm »
Last night, I finally drank Sap from Tree House Brewing Company.

Top notch IPA!

Space Freely

« Reply #9612 on: December 17, 2019, 10:45:00 pm »
Woah

Give the gift of Other Half Brewing Company!
🕎🎄 Holiday Mega Drop & Tap Takeover! 🎄🕎
🚨 Incoming delivery, arriving Thursday 12/19 🚨
🔥 Tap takeover Friday 12/20 at 4:00pm 🔥
Lots of details to cover. Can list and event details below.
Come out Thursday for the following:
**We will aim to begin sales by 7:00pm**
(As always, same exact pricing as brewery direct)
-'Space Broccoli' Imperial IPA (7.9% ABV) "Our classic Broccoli recipe with Mosaic, Simcoe, Hallertau Blanc and then we swapped the Cascade for a ton of Galaxy." $18/4-pack.
-'Triple Mylar Bags' Imperial IPA (10.0% ABV) "One of our absolute favorites, Mylar Bags, finally gets tripled. Aggressively hopped with Amarillo, El Dorado, Mosaic, Citra, and Galaxy." $22/4-pack. ⁠⠀
⁠⠀
-'DDH Green Diamonds' Imperial IPA (9.1% ABV) "Our OG hop combo of Galaxy and Amarillo is back." $18/4-pack.
⁠⠀
-'Cream on the Inside Green on the Outside' Imperial Oat Cream IPA (9.4% ABV) "This beer is brewed with 2-row and almost 50% oats with a small hit of lactose for smoothness. We then furiously hopped it with Citra, Motueka, Riwaka and Galaxy hops at 8 lbs/bbl. $20/4-pack.
-'Multi-Chroma' IPA (6.3% ABV) "We are bringing together 6 of our favorite hops from this series and mushing it into one beer. We are using our hand selected Citra, Mosaic and Simcoe from Yakima. Our hand selected Motueka and Nelson Sauvin from @freestylehops in NZ and some super dope Galaxy from Australia to make a complex hop driven crushable IPA." $16/4-pack.
-'DDH True Green' Imperial IPA (7.9% ABV) "Double Dry Hopped True Green is an Imperial IPA brewed with Citra, Motueka, Mandarina Bavaria and Kohatu and an extra dry hopping!" $20/4-pack.
😳 Plus a few potential surprises! 😳

-------------------------------------
Draft List: (all on tap by 4:00pm Friday)
-Snowbirds 4 Carrot Cake Imperial Stout (J. Wake collab)
-Gravity Gumbo Imperial Stout
(Parish Brewing Company collab)
-Monkish Peanuts Imperial Stout
-Coco Crazee Imperial Stout
-Gingerbread Crunchee Berliner Weiss
-Strawberry Cheesecake Berliner Weiss
-DDH Vapor Ringz Imperial IPA
-DDH Forever Simcoe Imperial IPA
-Triple Mosaic Dream Imperial IPA
-Tumbleweeds Helles Lager
-Tremendous Cream Imperial Oat Cream IPA
-DDH Ain't Nothing Nice IPA
-Space Broccoli Imperial IPA
-DDH Green Diamonds Imperial IPA
-Cream on the Outside, Green on the Inside Imperial IPA
-DDH Citra Daydream Oat Cream IPA
-HDHC Citra + Mosaic Imperial IPA
-Pintxos Imperial IPA (Basqueland Brewing collab)
-Florets IPA
-DDH Oh...Forever Imperial IPA
-DDH Dream in Green IPA
-Lettuce Imperial IPA
-------------------------------------
Some of the OH squad may come down to join the party. Who knows what else they might have up their sleeves? Don't miss!

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #9613 on: December 18, 2019, 10:14:01 am »
I swear every OH drop will be my last for a while. Looks like I’ll be stopping by again.

Yada

« Reply #9614 on: December 18, 2019, 10:28:43 am »
I swear every OH drop will be my last for a while. Looks like I’ll be stopping by again.

Hahahah... Same.

The high density hop charge Mosaic/citra from last week was one of the best hop offerings I've had in a while.