Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181443 times)

Yada

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #9765 on: March 18, 2020, 02:07:15 pm »
I think the real dealbreaker is you have to spend $75. Who wants $75 in Aslin beer when you can get OH and the Veil for starters.
well there is that too...
but $75 really only gets you about 3 x 4-packs of 16oz cans

but can you actually get OH and Veil delivered?

You can't.

I'll leave the Aslin deliveries for the high risk population.

Diabetic neck beards?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9766 on: March 18, 2020, 02:21:32 pm »
I think the real dealbreaker is you have to spend $75. Who wants $75 in Aslin beer when you can get OH and the Veil for starters.
well there is that too...
but $75 really only gets you about 3 x 4-packs of 16oz cans

but can you actually get OH and Veil delivered?

You can't.

I'll leave the Aslin deliveries for the high risk population.

Diabetic neck beards?
LOL
LVMH

« Reply #9767 on: March 19, 2020, 09:15:45 am »
Bluejacket is getting on board and has heard Space's concern at miniums and delivery fees
District only

Bluejacket is now delivering cans every day from 11 am to 9 pm. Order minimum is $30, and there is a $3 delivery fee; delivery is available within a 5 mile radius of the brewery (within the District, only). Social distancing, now with great beer.

To order, just give Bluejacket a call at (202) 524-4862 or send an email to info@bluejacketdc.com and we’ll get started on fulfilling your order. And stay tuned for online ordering in the next couple of days!

Bluejacket is practicing an abundance of caution when packing and delivering your cans, as the health and safety of our team and customers is our utmost priority:
All orders are prepared and packaged by a staff member who has just washed and sanitized their hands.

Delivery drivers will be stocked with gloves, and a new pair will be put on when bringing you your order.

Delivery drivers will bring the order to your door with a receipt in a plastic sleeve.

Your order will be left on the ground with the receipt sleeve and pen. Please just sign the receipt and put it back in the sleeve.

Driver will sanitize the sleeve in the vehicle and dispose of gloves.
The can delivery service is 100% operated by the Bluejacket team; we’re grateful to be able to continue to employ Bluejacket staff to get our craft beer delivered to your doorstep!
slack

Yada

« Reply #9768 on: March 19, 2020, 10:13:22 am »
Can confirm officially that other half's "small" series are my favorite beers of theirs.

Everything in that 6ish abv range, juicy, hoppy, and delicious.

Bagley

« Reply #9769 on: March 19, 2020, 10:29:42 am »
Thanks Yads.  Just ordered some Go With the Flow for pickup.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #9770 on: March 19, 2020, 11:15:37 am »
Yup. OH pick up was a godsend yesterday. Wiping down all the cans kinda sucked but that’s where we are.

Yada

« Reply #9771 on: March 19, 2020, 11:30:21 am »
Yup. OH pick up was a godsend yesterday. Wiping down all the cans kinda sucked but that’s where we are.

Hmmm.   Didn't think of or do that. The delivery guy had gloves on.

Are you wiping down all groceries purchased?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9772 on: March 19, 2020, 02:46:45 pm »
from Sapwood Cellars:

Beer at our tasting room is currently only available in pre-filled growlers. Put your order in through our website the night before or the day of by 3:30 PM and come pick-up it up between 4-6 PM. Currently we aren't offering growler refills or exchanges, but we reduced the price of all beers by $2 to compensate. Once you've had a pint, and this all blows over we'll figure out if we can do any sort of buy-back.
32 oz pre-filled growlers
64 oz pre-filled growlers

We also have bottles of our gin-barrel saison, 365.24, available online or walk-in. If you are interested in supporting us, but can't make it in now we have gift cards available too.

We'll be announcing a bottle release for There Are No Edges (our 10% ABV Port-barrel-aged sour red) soon.
<sig>

« Reply #9773 on: March 26, 2020, 11:20:17 pm »
walky will appreciate this
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9774 on: March 27, 2020, 12:20:01 am »
this coronavirus shit just got real: my new'ish local brewery is closing "for two weeks", then they'll "reevaluate".  it's a nice little spot, the beers are really good, and it's become the preferred hangout spot in town.  like other businesses they were doing take-out only ("curbside crowlers") for the past week or so.  they said they're closing out of concern for the community and their staff, but i wonder if they were running out of cans to fill.  dunno about the DMV, but over here breweries are considered "essential" so they had permission to stay open if they want to/could.

darn.
<sig>

« Reply #9775 on: March 27, 2020, 08:22:39 am »
I know a bunch of the local breweries are doing to-go crowlers and deliveries
I think in DC liquor stores made the list as essential businesses
Personally working through my stash, but won't make it through the weekend it's looking like
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9776 on: March 28, 2020, 01:43:26 am »
i wonder if they were running out of cans to fill. 

"The unexpected shift in operations created a bottleneck in the supply chain for to-go packaging. Crowlers, the large aluminum cans that can typically hold two pints, are on back order."
(from American craft brewers were already in trouble. Then came coronavirus)
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9777 on: March 28, 2020, 01:47:24 am »
* * * value alert for Space * * *

Pizza Paradiso: in addition to delivery and take-out, they are also selling carry out beer (30% off restaurant price) and carry out wine (50% off restaurant price).  i wonder how they package it.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #9778 on: March 30, 2020, 03:39:25 pm »
Veil shipping cases to DV.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #9779 on: March 30, 2020, 05:57:52 pm »
Apologies. DV?