Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182369 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #10650 on: July 17, 2021, 11:02:19 am »
...we're clocking in well north of 500

Jeebus

The average male weighs 198 and the average female 171. We're under the collective average for one male and two females combined. Also both females are above average in height and I'm average height, so no need to Jeebus.
Isnt your daughter a child? I was under the impression she is like ten. Comparing a ten year old to “an average female” is going to be super skewed.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #10651 on: July 17, 2021, 11:03:03 am »
I've met numerous boarders over the years, and none of us, self included, are pushing a 10.

« Reply #10652 on: July 17, 2021, 11:10:23 am »
I've met numerous boarders over the years, l
OH RUB IT IN. You’ll come to Richmond again and ask for brewery thoughts then refuse my kind hospitality to come out and say hey under the guise of Celeste “thinks it’s weird lol” and then say this months later.

I SEE HOW IT IS.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #10653 on: July 17, 2021, 11:20:29 am »
OH RUB IT IN. You’ll come to Richmond again and ask for brewery thoughts then refuse my kind hospitality to come out and say hey under the guise of Celeste “thinks it’s weird lol” and then say this months later.

I SEE HOW IT IS.

You'll be at Arlo Parks, right? The three of us will be happy to meet the two of you. If your wife is a 10, that doesn't count because she's not posting here.

Starsky

« Reply #10654 on: July 17, 2021, 11:26:18 am »
A 10 in looks? I don’t even know what you guys are prattling on about

The average American is obese….barely maybe although after covid19 who knows …..but obese

On a related topic Arlington was just selected as fittest county for fourth year in a row!

Space Freely

« Reply #10655 on: July 17, 2021, 11:36:55 am »

The average American is obese….barely maybe although after covid19 who knows …..but obese

On a related topic Arlington was just selected as fittest county for fourth year in a row!

How would you rate your fitness level compared to other 40somethong Arlingtonians?

« Reply #10656 on: July 17, 2021, 11:41:27 am »

I SEE HOW IT IS.

You'll be at Arlo Parks, right? The three of us will be happy to meet the two of you. If your wife is a 10, that doesn't count because she's not posting here.
We will be at Arlo Parks and while I think my wife is a ten, I was talking about 10 years of age for your daughter, NOT — and I want to stress NOT — her appearance, which I have no clue about as I have no context.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #10657 on: July 17, 2021, 11:45:18 am »
...we're clocking in well north of 500

Jeebus

The average male weighs 198 and the average female 171. We're under the collective average for one male and two females combined. Also both females are above average in height and I'm average height, so no need to Jeebus.
Isnt your daughter a child? I was under the impression she is like ten. Comparing a ten year old to “an average female” is going to be super skewed.

My daughter is 14, 5'7" and had the body of a full grown woman.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 11:54:42 am by Space Freely »

Starsky

« Reply #10658 on: July 17, 2021, 11:50:11 am »

How would you rate your fitness level compared to other 40somethong Arlingtonians?

My weight is good but my fitness level poor. I need to start walking more…. and soon

So I would say I am below the average in terms of fitness. Pandemic didn’t help. If I lived in a big city I would walk a lot and my fitness would be much better…When I lived in DC I used to walk dozens of blocks every day. I just get so bored by trails or parks and I just drive everywhere out here. Am heading to post office 8 blocks away and drive…

Space Freely

« Reply #10659 on: July 17, 2021, 12:07:22 pm »
Sorry to derail the thread. If you want to see lots of fit, beautiful people, come to coastal California. Or stay in Arlington.

Hitting a couple more SD breweries today, flying back at midnight then going back to half a beer a day!

brennser

« Reply #10660 on: July 18, 2021, 08:33:47 pm »

I'm pretty fit even if I do say so myself  8)

Space Freely

« Reply #10661 on: July 18, 2021, 09:03:28 pm »
Finished our CA vacation. North Park in San Diego was another stellar brewery. Brought home some goodies from them, Monkish, and Modern Times.

Mask wearing in CA was pretty nonexistent, except where required.

It was required on the rental car shuttle. Everyone complied, except for the middle aged guy in the "Lehigh, Michigan" shirt and his pig nosed wife. Piggie wore her "Salvation" mask below her nose. She also wore a t-shirt that said "There is one God, Jehovah."

We're currently considering 2022 vacation options, none of which will include visiting 12 breweries, two wineries, and two winery tasting rooms. Well maybe one or two. My kid will be pleased.

« Reply #10662 on: July 21, 2021, 01:26:22 pm »
We did try to go to the SB location of Modern Times for a pre-dinner beer last night, but they closed early (like at least a couple hours early) due to "low staff." Is the service industry hurting or what?

TAN: dunno about out east, but around these parts the service industry is having a hell of a time getting staff.  lots of restaurants can't re-open due to a lack of employees.  people are pointing fingers at:
- high employment benefits that result in people making more by not working (actual problem: service industry not offering a living wage)

- potential hires now demanding wages higher than the restaurant's business model can support (solution: fix the model if it's based on exploitation)
- former service industry employees moved (and moving) to other industries (got pissed off/lost hope in restaurants, realized it's a shitty sector with a terrible work/life balance, so found something better elsewhere)
- it's the democrats fault

restaurants in seattle are offering signing bonuses for waiters and kitchen staff.
https://www.npr.org/2021/07/20/1016081936/low-pay-no-benefits-rude-customers-restaurant-workers-quit-at-record-rate
slack

« Reply #10663 on: July 21, 2021, 04:10:07 pm »
At Aslin in Alex

Go drink some high ABV beers and throw Axes...what could possibly go wrong
slack

« Reply #10664 on: July 21, 2021, 05:40:05 pm »
slack