Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181646 times)

StoneTheCrow

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #10680 on: August 05, 2021, 02:10:14 pm »
Plastic or crystal?

moeszyslak

« Reply #10681 on: August 05, 2021, 02:26:52 pm »
Plastic or crystal?
I wish it was plastic, but I think it was glass.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10682 on: August 05, 2021, 03:50:41 pm »
today is IPA day, which i find shocking since just about every day is IPA day in my household...

National IPA Day – First Thursday in August
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #10683 on: August 05, 2021, 05:35:36 pm »
The Number Nine Lounge in the Del Rey neighborhood of Alexandria used to sell High Life served in a champagne flute.  I was in heaven when they served it.

Roses Luxury also serves it in a champagne flute.

WALKonBack

« Reply #10684 on: August 07, 2021, 12:14:10 pm »
Hit Pen Druid this weekend if you can. Today they are having farmer's market and organic things for sale, plus a great food vendor now!

Plus they had awesome selection of bottles.  Bought 2 of each.  Good beer is expensive.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10685 on: August 09, 2021, 12:49:21 am »
on the chopping block:
  • Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve
folks in the PNW are whining about that last one, as Henry's was a gateway beer to craft for many (especially around portland, i'm told).

Epilogue: Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #10686 on: August 09, 2021, 11:04:13 am »

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #10687 on: August 09, 2021, 11:47:57 am »
stopped in for Union Brewing's 9th anniversary. Had an Old Pro Gose. Enjoyed.
Bought their limited release Golden Teacher (because of the cool artwork) to bring home and had that last night. Was good, interesting finish.

This sour blonde ale was fermented with peaches and then aged for thirteen months in oak barrels that previously held white wine. The barrels were then blended and the beer was rested in stainless tanks to mature for another seven months before being bottled and allowed to slowly condition.

Golden Teacher exhibits aromas and flavors of peach pie filling, tart under-ripe apple, golden raisins, honey, white wine, and toasted oak. Golden Teacher is intriguingly complex and will leave a lasting impression for those seeking a deep and unique beer drinking experience.

Space Freely

« Reply #10688 on: August 09, 2021, 11:49:18 am »
I was supposed to be in Seattle for a work conference this week, perhaps sharing some beers with Sweetcell. The conference got kicked to a virtual format, but we'll be headed out tomorrow on vacation anyway. Not to Seattle, unfortunately, but a New Jersey/New York State road trip. Stopping at the Jersey Shore, Brooklyn (three nights), Hudson Valley, Finger Lakes (three nights), and back down through PA. I'll post any interesting beer stops and notes here.

Yada

« Reply #10689 on: August 09, 2021, 12:05:32 pm »
I was supposed to be in Seattle for a work conference this week, perhaps sharing some beers with Sweetcell. The conference got kicked to a virtual format, but we'll be headed out tomorrow on vacation anyway. Not to Seattle, unfortunately, but a New Jersey/New York State road trip. Stopping at the Jersey Shore, Brooklyn (three nights), Hudson Valley, Finger Lakes (three nights), and back down through PA. I'll post any interesting beer stops and notes here.

Sounds like a super spreader event.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10690 on: August 09, 2021, 12:21:18 pm »
I was supposed to be in Seattle for a work conference this week, perhaps sharing some beers with Sweetcell. The conference got kicked to a virtual format

again: boooooo.  had a killer hike lined up for us, and a metal growler... next year?
<sig>

« Reply #10691 on: August 09, 2021, 12:24:24 pm »
Bought their limited release Golden Teacher (because of the cool artwork)
Golden Teacher is a psychedelic Mushroom strain...hence the graphics
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10692 on: August 09, 2021, 12:26:23 pm »
^ TIL
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #10693 on: August 09, 2021, 12:41:19 pm »

Sounds like a super spreader event.

Not as much as the Dark Start Orchestra in Fredneck.

We're vaccinated, masked, introverted, and love the outdoors way more than crowds.

Space Freely

« Reply #10694 on: August 09, 2021, 12:43:13 pm »
I was supposed to be in Seattle for a work conference this week, perhaps sharing some beers with Sweetcell. The conference got kicked to a virtual format

again: boooooo.  had a killer hike lined up for us, and a metal growler... next year?

Have another work conference in PNW in Summer 2024 (they line these things up years ahead of time.) So definitely that summer, if not before.