Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181173 times)

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #11220 on: November 11, 2022, 07:14:13 pm »
One cent beers for all veterans today at Cushwa. Only the first one.
come back in with a new disguise each time
Just keep cycling thru different branches of service uniforms. Stolen valor and stolen beer.
And the coup de grâce for your 5th beer would be showing up in a Space Force uniform

In all seriousness, happy veteran’s day
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #11221 on: November 11, 2022, 07:27:08 pm »
Merchants marines FTW
LVMH

« Reply #11222 on: November 11, 2022, 07:54:40 pm »
Merchants marines FTW
that a branch I don’t really get
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11223 on: November 11, 2022, 08:46:44 pm »
sapwood are releasing two imp stouts this weekend, can be pre-ordered online for pickup:

BSCM (Limit 2): 11.5% Imperial Stout aged in Wilderness Trail Bourbon and Old Elk Wheated Whiskey barrels with Coconut and Masala Chai (Cardamom, Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Black Pepper, and Vanilla Beans)

Timestream: This is the second batch (and first in bottles) of our classic, roasty, Imperial Stout. Brewed in June, bottled in July, and aged to round out the rough edges.
<sig>

« Reply #11224 on: November 11, 2022, 10:42:58 pm »
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11225 on: November 17, 2022, 02:34:51 pm »
rando question: anyone tried Saga Brewing, from Columbia MD?

DTC just posted pix of their latest drop, and the image with three Sage beers looks both pretty and potentially tasty: a barleywine, a triple hazy and a mochaccino BBA stout.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #11226 on: November 17, 2022, 03:15:30 pm »

DTC just posted pix of their latest drop, and the image with three Sage beers looks both pretty and potentially tasty: a barleywine, a triple hazy and a mochaccino BBA stout.

Sounds tasty. Apparently they don't even have a taproom yet. https://www.sagabrews.com/about-us

I propose they open one in Springfield, VA because I only ever make it to Columbia when I go to a Meriweather show.

« Reply #11227 on: November 17, 2022, 03:22:50 pm »

Sounds tasty. Apparently they don't even have a taproom yet. https://www.sagabrews.com/about-us

I propose they open one in Springfield, VA because I only ever make it to Columbia when I go to a Meriweather show.
If you imbibe too much before or after a show out there, consider staying at MERRIWEATHER LAKEHOUSE, a proud member of Marriott Bonvoy’s Autograph Collection, located within a half-mile walk of Merriweather Post Pavilion.
LVMH

Bagley

« Reply #11228 on: November 21, 2022, 04:54:32 pm »
early release for Hopslam...and no one cares

« Reply #11229 on: November 21, 2022, 05:03:45 pm »
Speak for yourself. Hopslam available for the Ohio State/Michigan game? Julian may die. (And Sweetcell will no doubt show up momentarily to tell me everyone hopes I do.)
LVMH

« Reply #11230 on: November 21, 2022, 05:15:56 pm »
Speak for yourself. Hopslam available for the Ohio State/Michigan game? Julian may die. (And Sweetcell will no doubt show up momentarily to tell me everyone hopes I do.)
although we are all rooting for a long slow painful one, if it's just in one day, that's really not the desired result
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #11231 on: November 25, 2022, 08:12:55 pm »
I mean, wutthafuggahyagonnado?

Bagley

« Reply #11232 on: November 28, 2022, 05:42:09 pm »
Probably too pedestrian for you beer connoisseurs but I love this year's Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada!   

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11233 on: November 28, 2022, 05:51:48 pm »
Probably too pedestrian for you beer connoisseurs but I love this year's Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada!   

i didn't like it.  too caramel-y, too malty, too little fresh-hop flavor/aroma.  but awesome that it worked for you- different strokes and whatnot.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #11234 on: November 28, 2022, 06:10:06 pm »

I haven't tried this year's release, however, I typically Celebrete the Celebration Ale.

In other news...

Admittedly I have no reference point, but stopped at a random store today at lunch and HOLY SHIT the BCBS prices were through the roof.

All variants were $34.99 a bottle, the Bookers/basil hayden variant was $54.99, and a four pack of the 12oz were $49.99.

Hardest pass I've done in a LOOOOONG time.

Is that normal pricing everywhere else??