Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3220926 times)

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #11430 on: November 01, 2023, 03:42:23 pm »
The Anchor Brewery Building is for sale - $40mil
https://offplanpropertyexchange.com/news/anchor-brewing-property-in-san-francisco-hits-the-market/242823/

The Anchor brand itself is also up for sale, but it is not included in the price tag of the property.
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #11431 on: November 14, 2023, 02:19:02 pm »
Anyone been to this place, in Alexandria?

https://www.miezabeer.com/

based on their "on tap" menu, this place has definite potential.  if anyone hits this place, please post a review!

A number of years ago, my brother and I started a competition to see who visits the most breweries. Until recently, I was stuck on #299. I: needed something worthy of being #300.

A couple of weeks ago, we drove down 81 to do a couple of college visits. I decided to veer off 81 and take some back roads just for fun. While driving, I noticed that we were near Salem, VA. I remembered that I had once thrifted a hat from the Salem, VA brewery know as Parkway. I realized that we were 10 minutes away. So we stopped, and I thought I was going to bag #300. However, their beer menu looked pretty underwhelming and the place itself just didn't look all that inviting, so we skipped it.

So I decided to make Mieza Beer #300 this past weekend. We dropped our daughter off at Panera, where she studied her schoolwork and perhaps eyed the boys, and were on our way for a little date at Mieza.

The place was in a low key strip mall and was rather unassuming. There was another couple and a multi-generational family also there. Both with dogs. We've never been take your dog to the brewery people and our dog just passed...so whatever.

The server was an older gentleman who I can only assume was Brennser's dad. If so, he did a great job of hiding his accent and pouring the beer.

We ordered six four once pours (two mixed culture saisons, three barrel aged fruited sours, and the one stout). I don't rate beers on untappd, but if I did, I'd say they were all between 4.0 and 4.4....which is a bit higher than the current 3.84 average this place currently has on uptappd...though I purposely picked higher rated beers...All beer were very good to nearly excellent. Prices were a little high, though that was exacerbated by choosing four ounce pours instead of the full eight ounce pours. You are allowed to bring your own food, which we did. Some funky cheeses to go with the funky beer.

Yes, we will go back. This area is definitely in need of more local funky beer, and this place hits the mark. Happy for it to be #300.

« Reply #11432 on: November 14, 2023, 02:28:34 pm »

The server was an older gentleman who I can only assume was Brennser's dad. If so, he did a great job of hiding his accent and pouring the beer.
nice touch!
and nice review, was just thinking of visiting this place
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11433 on: November 14, 2023, 07:46:36 pm »
thanks for the intel, space!
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #11434 on: November 14, 2023, 08:45:59 pm »
I miss the days of funky beer not giving me immediate acid reflux burn.

Space Freely

« Reply #11435 on: November 14, 2023, 09:47:25 pm »

Tums is perhaps the greatest invention ever.

Yada

« Reply #11436 on: November 14, 2023, 10:10:02 pm »

Tums is perhaps the greatest invention ever.

I'm a pepcid guy myself.

Space Freely

« Reply #11437 on: November 26, 2023, 04:53:12 pm »
Well this sucks because it's maybe my favourite beer place in Richmond. It also sucks because it's maybe my favourite beer style and it sounds like pastry stouts and sours are winning the war.

Come help us wish The Funkhaüst Cafe a fond farewell on Friday, December 1st 5pm-9pm!
We’ve made the tough decision to close our Funkhaüst Cafe to the public after our final bash on Friday December 1st from 5-9pm. We have decided to greatly reduce our wild/spontaneous beer program due to the declining interest in wild/spontaneous beers in the industry as a whole. We plan on reallocating the majority of our Dabney Rd location to some needed office spaces and expanding some of our wholesale operations.

Have no fear though! Wild/spontaneous beers are deeply rooted in the origins of The Veil, and we will continue to produce these beers, just in much smaller volumes. We also have some wild/spontaneous beers conditioning away to be released through the next few years, so keep your eyes peeled for those!

With all of that said, we will be cordially parting ways with our Funkhaüst Manager Pizza Nick(@pizzanickdanger) after the bulk of the program has been wound down. Nick has been an integral part of everything funky and wild here at The Veil for many years and we genuinely appreciate his hard work, knowledge, and passion he shared with us. We want to send a sincere thank you out to one of the most talented saison/wild beer brewers ever. Only love and peace to Nick and we wish him the best of luck moving forward. We are sincerely and eternally grateful for your time with us.

TBT El Gallo will be joining us that evening for some delicious tacos! DJ Tim Skirven will be playing the hitz!

« Reply #11438 on: November 30, 2023, 01:33:44 pm »
this is a great joke that kind of sums up the problem with the craft beer drinker

A man walks into a bar. He orders a beer and takes a sip. “Wow, that’s the best beer I’ve ever tasted,” he tells the brewer. “What else do you have?”
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #11439 on: November 30, 2023, 01:46:01 pm »
There is a limited edition Velocity Girl beer is hitting the streets, some even available at the Black Cat Shows this weekend

Some details here

https://x.com/VelocityGirlDC/status/1729915401419563301?s=20

more details on The Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100091826422416
T.Rex

« Reply #11440 on: November 30, 2023, 01:57:18 pm »
You had me at Munich style dark lager
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #11441 on: November 30, 2023, 03:30:35 pm »
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 03:34:25 pm by excontradiction »

Space Freely

« Reply #11442 on: November 30, 2023, 06:20:09 pm »
Woah who knew Cushwa/Rad Pies had opened a second location in Columbia.

https://untappd.com/v/cushwa-and-rad-pies-taproom/12172378

Sapwood Cellars and Cushwa, that's quite a one two punch. Might make me never arrive for the Merriweather show.

« Reply #11443 on: December 05, 2023, 01:48:51 pm »
Happy Prohibition Repeal Day to all who celebrate
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11444 on: December 24, 2023, 02:15:26 am »
ruh-oh...

Trouble brewing at Tree House Brewing

(i know, i know, treehouse is so three years ago...)
<sig>