Author Topic: 930 club switching to TicketFly.com in 2010???  (Read 66468 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: 930 club switching to TicketFly.com in 2010???
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2009, 06:01:48 pm »

Elitist prick!

Only Julian can get away with saying something like that.

And I thought only I was allowed to decide who is an elitist prick or not?!!?

As an independent individualist, I have no qualms about calling them as I see them. Sheperds are for sheep and I'm certainly not one of the flock. With all due respect, you call in your manner and I'll call in mine and may the few truly open minded hear without all that wool stuffed in their ears.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2009, 06:04:29 pm »
My God, I cannot believe we are having this discussion AGAIN. You must be the kind of people who go home at night and watch the same movie every day of your life. Fawning sycophant imbeciles.

vansmack

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2009, 06:09:20 pm »
You've always been able to buy tickets at the 9:30 box office with a mere $1 fee, so hopefully this will not change
Hopefully, it won't. But as district said in the other thread, it is hard for some of us to get down there.  

This is one of my favorite arguments.  

One affordable option is available to concert goers, but it's difficult for them.

So Seth provides another, more convenient option option for them, and folks attack HIM for it because it costs more.  Well of course there is going to be a charge for a convenience.  They even go as far as to call it a "convenience charge" but remember who THEY are - third party providers, a market where there are not a lot of options.  Plenty of people have tried business models that charge less than 30-40% for the convenience but none have survived over the years.  Sure DC9 uses ticketalternative, but their capacity is 200 - I would be interested to see both (a) how long they'll be around and (b) if they could handle the volume of a venue with the capacity of the 9:30.

As for parking, without getting into the semantics of not encouraging driving with such fabulous public transportation options, simple supply and demand dictate that price.  There's not a spot for everyone...

Folks, this comes up all the time and it's really not worth complaining about.  Vote with your wallet like this district2020 fella suggests - if the service charge is too high, don't buy the ticket.  I have passed on numerous shows because I felt the surcharge made the price of the ticket not worth the price of admission.  You should do the same.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2009, 06:14:49 pm »
As an independent individualist, I have no qualms about calling them as I see them. Sheperds are for sheep and I'm certainly not one of the flock. With all due respect, you call in your manner and I'll call in mine and may the few truly open minded hear without all that wool stuffed in their ears.

I have no idea what this means, but I do still love you.
27>34

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2009, 06:23:00 pm »
let's go ahead and get this part over with:

this was NOT done to lower service charges...it was done to start working with a company that has a lot of cool ideas

it should not, however, be any more expensive, even by a little...so, yes, please point out if you are experiencing that

Jaguar

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2009, 06:35:18 pm »

Never mind. Not worth elaborating. I was just pissed off at Sweetcell's typical sheep shit. I still love you too and always respect what you have to say even if I sometimes disagree. Not interested in bullying anyone to make them think 'only one way'.

Seth, I sure hope you are right and that this is a good move; again, for everyone involved.

redsock

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2009, 06:49:04 pm »
 Sure DC9 uses ticketalternative, but their capacity is 200 - I would be interested to see both (a) how long they'll be around and (b) if they could handle the volume of a venue with the capacity of the 9:30.

And the Black Cat, and the Rock and Roll Hotel, and a few venues in Atlanta. All smaller than 9:30, yes. And a pretty young company, yes.

No new opinion, just wanted to get all the facts on the table.

BookerT

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2009, 06:54:01 pm »

Never mind. Not worth elaborating. I was just pissed off at Sweetcell's typical sheep shit. I still love you too and always respect what you have to say even if I sometimes disagree. Not interested in bullying anyone to make them think 'only one way'.

Seth, I sure hope you are right and that this is a good move; again, for everyone involved.

for the love of god, sweetcell was just making a simpsons reference. shame on all of you who didn't get it.

vansmack

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2009, 06:57:24 pm »
for the love of god, sweetcell was just making a simpsons reference. shame on all of you who didn't get it.

Oh I got it, and was even kidding myself (although I would love to be granted "Decider of Elitist Prickism").  But it's been a while since I've seen Jag get worked up and it's good for her sometimes...
27>34

Jaguar

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2009, 07:02:42 pm »
I have absolutely no idea what that reference is. For one, I almost never watch tv. Secondly, when I do, I never watch The Simpsons.

nkotb

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009, 07:05:56 pm »
I started to post the very same picture...but then I got lazy.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2009, 07:44:02 pm »
Jag, I certainly can't fault you for not knowing a Simpsons reference or an internet meme. I do, however, LOL at you for thinking that my post was in any way an acceptance of this situation. I think your rabid individualism is interfering with your perceptions and/or cognitive abilities.

As an independent individualist, I have no qualms about calling them as I see them. Sheperds are for sheep and I'm certainly not one of the flock. With all due respect, you call in your manner and I'll call in mine and may the few truly open minded hear without all that wool stuffed in their ears

Do you have any idea how self-agrandizing  that sounds? Congrats, you've managed to make independence and individualism sound like douchbaggery.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2009, 07:47:23 pm »
(Apologies for the poor formating on the above post... Damn mobile browser)
<sig>

Jaguar

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2009, 08:20:54 pm »
Baaahaaashit!

eltee

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2009, 10:40:42 pm »
You've always been able to buy tickets at the 9:30 box office with a mere $1 fee, so hopefully this will not change
Hopefully, it won't. But as district said in the other thread, it is hard for some of us to get down there.  

This is one of my favorite arguments.  

One affordable option is available to concert goers, but it's difficult for them.

So Seth provides another, more convenient option option for them, and folks attack HIM for it because it costs more.  
As for parking, without getting into the semantics of not encouraging driving with such fabulous public transportation options,
Metro is far from me and the time is doubled and it still ends up costing me the same. Let's take this one off the table though, my experience is different and I shouldn't have made it a part of the discussion.
Regarding the fees, I wasn't speaking directly to Seth, but it's all the same, I guess. Nothing wrong a healthy discussion about this, especially when the club does read our opinions. I already said I do avoid buying tickets when I cannot afford them or the fees. I have picked up tickets at the window if I could or had someone pick them up for me. I appreciate this option and have often expressed the same appreciation for Seth and the club.