Author Topic: Jiffy Lube Live  (Read 68058 times)

James Ford

Re: Jiffy Lube Live
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2011, 11:49:07 am »
No way. People might meet me and think I'm a nice mild mannered guy who keeps his opinions to himself.

Is everyone in this forum married with kids??  You guys should get a big playdate together  ;D

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2011, 11:55:44 am »
I bet he's a never married (commitment-phobe)

Not a commitment-phobe, but probably poverty-phobe, as he rightfully should be. Ever been through a divorce? Of course not, that'll NEVER happen to you.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2011, 11:57:35 am »
But I like road trips and self-reliance

How does owning a car have anything to do with self-reliance?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2011, 12:03:09 pm »
But I like road trips and self-reliance

Meaning I don't have to rely on Greyhound, Metro, Airlines, Amtrak, friends or family to get me where I want to go when I want to go there. 

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2011, 12:04:18 pm »
Is everyone in this forum married with kids??  You guys should get a big playdate together  ;D

kid on its way in two weeks  ;D
(o|o)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2011, 12:06:31 pm »
hoya - congrats!  i didn't know.  what an adventure you're up for :)

i'm married and living in the 'burbs - but no kids.
<sig>

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2011, 12:18:00 pm »
Meaning I don't have to rely on Greyhound, Metro, Airlines, Amtrak, friends or family to get me where I want to go when I want to go there. 

Cool. I don't rely on any of those listed either to get where I want to go when I want to go there. Isn't that great?

chaz

« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2011, 12:21:29 pm »

Cool. I don't rely on any of those listed either to get where I want to go when I want to go there. Isn't that great?
Yes, that is great.  Just as for me, having a car is great. 

Nip at somebody else's heels if you want to start an argument, Toto.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 12:30:14 pm by chaz »

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2011, 12:23:38 pm »
You still haven't answered my question: How does owning a car have anything to do with self-reliance? I already debunked your answers.

chaz

« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2011, 12:37:10 pm »
You still haven't answered my question: How does owning a car have anything to do with self-reliance? I already debunked your answers.
You are hilarious, and in this instance, quite dense.  Obviously explaining to you how owning an automobile affords me a level of flexibility, spontaneity, convenience and independence (ie  self-reliance) that I would otherwise not have, is a waste of breath.  So I will not even attempt to explain it any further.

Really, I'm glad for you that you happily manage without a car.  One less car in the world is a good thing.

walkonby

« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2011, 02:09:35 pm »
now we know why . . . no more tailgaiting at jiffy lube.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43095099

not so great is it now, relaxer?

hutch

« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2011, 03:14:53 pm »
now we know why . . . no more tailgaiting at jiffy lube.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43095099

not so great is it now, relaxer?

is this why?

makes no sense...one kid dies at home cause he pounded back a couple of blackouts and i cant enjoy a few tecates with my jalapeno chips and olives before a show?

Relaxer

« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2011, 03:15:18 pm »
The kid was 15 and clearly a wiener who couldn't handle his 4loko. That's not the drink's fault. If anything, 4loko is the real victim here. Besides, the days of awesome 4loko are over. All you can get now is the stuff that doesn't have caffeine (which is why I have a bunch of OG loko in my fridge -- don't touch them, my children!) and if we're going to allow suits of 4loko because it's 12% alcohol, I shudder for my friends in the vodka and rum industries.

I also assume that they will be suing Toyota, as the car that struck him was a Tercel. BAN JAPANESE IMPORTED CARS BECAUSE DIPSHIT DRUNK MINORS MIGHT RUN IN FRONT OF THEM.
oword

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2011, 03:30:56 pm »
?He and several classmates had wanted to ?tailgate? for about three hours before the concert, but I insisted that he cut that back to one hour,? said Karla Rupp, Bo's mother. ?I figured, ?What could happen in an hour?? Well, it turns out a lot can happen in an hour."

truer words....
(o|o)

Relaxer

« Reply #164 on: May 19, 2011, 03:33:13 pm »
Hell, I went from a footloose and fancy-free bachelor to a baby-daddy with a wife and a mortgage in the span of about, oh, 3 seconds.
oword