Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 380566 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #585 on: July 26, 2010, 05:02:19 pm »
will TF able to combat the ebay scalpers?

will MPP really enforce the ID/matching name on ticket rule?

Will Joe ever stop sucking?
Will Walkies ever embrace downloading?
Will Seth finally get fed up with James Ford and ban him?
Who will Amy bone next?

Find out next week on 'All My Boardies'.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 06:28:06 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #586 on: July 26, 2010, 05:14:14 pm »
I understand. Those are the breaks.

The next time we have a massively popular and completely free charity event in a large venue, we're open to suggestions as to how you think this would work better and still ensure that fans get to go for free. Feedback welcomed!

Maybe require a credit card? It's really not fair to allow 2 tickets per household when there are 5 people living in a house and EVERYONE wants to go, now you're boning them and almost forcing them to buy tickets from the people who you are trying to keep tickets away from - scalpers.
‼‼?‼‼

walkonby

« Reply #587 on: July 26, 2010, 05:16:26 pm »
will TF able to combat the ebay scalpers?

will MPP really enforce the ID/matching name on ticket rule?

Will Joe ever stop sucking?
Will Walkies ever embrace downloading?
Will Seth finally get fed up with James Ford and ban him?

Find out next week on 'All My Boardies'.

i think this streaming thing is my rabbit hole in.  i'm starting to enjoy the offerings i have been offered on the    net . . . so perhaps i might give the download game a try sometimes to just rule out my hatred of it, you see. 

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #588 on: July 26, 2010, 06:25:43 pm »
And once again, I'm accused of boning your roommates.

Geez.

Did all of you try to get tickets? Did you place the multiple orders under different names and Ticketfly accounts but just the same address? Or is this a hypothetical situation?

-Amy

The next time we have a massively popular and completely free charity event in a large venue, we're open to suggestions as to how you think this would work better and still ensure that fans get to go for free. Feedback welcomed!

Maybe require a credit card? It's really not fair to allow 2 tickets per household when there are 5 people living in a house and EVERYONE wants to go, now you're boning them and almost forcing them to buy tickets from the people who you are trying to keep tickets away from - scalpers.

Shadrach

« Reply #589 on: July 27, 2010, 12:19:50 am »
Fair is subjective when you are trying to make so many people happy and give as many people possible a shot at tickets. In any concert situation where the show sells out quickly because demand is so high there are always going to be some people who don't get tickets. It's the nature of the business and we try to do what we can to make the playing field as level as possible. Without the same address rule you would have scalpers sitting in their homes or businesses using all their computers and employees to scoop up as many tickets as possible and in the process screw you out of the same opportunity to get those tickets. Don't like the scalpers on ebay and craigslist? Do something about it. Write your representatives and tell them to pass stricter laws regarding the reselling of tickets, because until then there will always be people who try to profit off the hard work and talent of others by being lucky enough to buy tickets to shows.

vansmack

« Reply #590 on: July 27, 2010, 01:06:50 am »

Geez.

Did all of you try to get tickets? Did you place the multiple orders under different names and Ticketfly accounts but just the same address? Or is this a hypothetical situation?

-Amy

Don't take it too personally - I used to be accused on here of boning a lot of people too.
27>34

Vas Deferens

« Reply #591 on: July 27, 2010, 01:39:38 am »

what's bad about being boned?

-azaghal81
(_|_)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #592 on: July 27, 2010, 10:51:00 am »

Geez.

-Amy

No hypothetical situation here, this is as real as it gets. 3 roommates, 3 seperate accounts, 3 pairs of tickets 1 address.

So, there will only be 1 pair for all these people? Sort of first come first serve then SOL?
‼‼?‼‼

javacodeguy

« Reply #593 on: July 27, 2010, 11:26:11 am »
Dortiz- The $125 is only for the pavilion preferred seating. The $30 donation is required to get the backstage tour.

Everyone else asking about ticket transfers- All of the following information was on the purchase page, and still is:

"TICKETS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE. Do not buy tickets from a secondary source!

There is a 2 ticket limit per person/credit card/address. Over the limit orders will be cancelled. Must have ID matching name on ticket for entry."

The buyer will need to be present at the event.

Thanks

-Amy

Just two more questions about the $125 then. 

Since we were only allowed two tickets, I was under the impression you couldn't grab the pavilion seats AND the backstage tour.  Could we have done that?  No biggie either way, just an idea to make things a bit clearer next year.

Also do you know if the preferred pavilion will have some separate entrance or something so we can just come and go?  I'm sure there will be some shows I want to see at the second stage and would like to come back and have at least some seat, even if in the back, in the pavilion.

atomicfront

« Reply #594 on: July 27, 2010, 12:00:41 pm »

Geez.

-Amy

No hypothetical situation here, this is as real as it gets. 3 roommates, 3 seperate accounts, 3 pairs of tickets 1 address.

So, there will only be 1 pair for all these people? Sort of first come first serve then SOL?

Well 2 out of the 3 would have tickets.  I would suggest just showing up the day of the show.  Someone will probably give you a ticket. 

James Ford

« Reply #595 on: July 27, 2010, 12:22:46 pm »
I'm no genius, but I'm guessing each of the three roommates needed a pair of tickets. Meaning six tickets altogether.

So my questions: My wife and I both placed an order, each for a pair. Two separate names, two separate email accounts, one common mailing address. We requested print at home tickets.

Will one order be cancelled? Will both orders be cancelled?  If only one order is cancelled, will it be the one tied to my name, or the one attached to my wife's name? If one or both orders are cancelled, when will we be notified? Or will their be no notification, and one or both of us simply won't receive our order? Of course, not knowing the answer to any of these questions makes it difficult to plan anything.

One can see that all these questions could have been avoided if there was some sort of controller that blocked a person from using a name/email/address that had already been used. Or if a cancellation notification were sent in a timely manner.

It also seems that requiring the name of the person placing the order be the same as the physical ticketholder at the gate would be sufficient in stopping mass scalping, and would avoid this whole one pair of tickets per household issue.

And please don't call me a whiner because I have issues with the system. If someone has issues and can't air them on a public forum, then what's the point of having a public forum?

Geez.

-Amy

Well 2 out of the 3 would have tickets.  I would suggest just showing up the day of the show.  Someone will probably give you a ticket. 

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #596 on: July 27, 2010, 01:31:19 pm »
Oh, you're the James Ford I've been hearing about!

If any of your orders are going to be canceled, Customer Support will be notifying you. The language on the event was clear.

That is all about that!

javacodeguy- Yes, you could have gotten the $30 backstage tour on top of the $125 tickets, as this was a donation. I am checking on whether or not we'll be offering an upgrade for current ticket holders. I'll get back to you!

Thanks

-Amy

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #597 on: July 27, 2010, 01:53:41 pm »
It also seems that requiring the name of the person placing the order be the same as the physical ticketholder at the gate would be sufficient in stopping mass scalping, and would avoid this whole one pair of tickets per household issue.

not really - someone grabs 4 tickets and then has 3 to re-sell.  selling a single is a lot harder than a pair (or more) since people generally go to festivals with someone else.  limit of 2 also limits the scope of scalping - if someone insists on selling their +1, the damage is contained to +1, not +3.  this is also a disincentive for scalpers - little money to be made.

And please don't call me a whiner because I have issues with the system. If someone has issues and can't air them on a public forum, then what's the point of having a public forum?

the people who were branded whiners because they made personal attacks, bitched about not getting something for free, and generally came across as spoiled brats who felt they were owed something.  i doubt that your intelligent & polite question will get you labeled the same.

javacodeguy- Yes, you could have gotten the $30 backstage tour on top of the $125 tickets, as this was a donation. I am checking on whether or not we'll be offering an upgrade for current ticket holders. I'll get back to you!

yes, please let us know.  i panicked when i finally got through the ordering process and grabbed the $5 tickets, but i'd certainly be interested in donating $30 in exchange for a backstage tour.  please keep us informed.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #598 on: July 27, 2010, 02:17:10 pm »
James, I have it on good authority that your daughter thinks your favorite bands suck.  Leave her at home and you and the Mrs have a good time.
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #599 on: July 27, 2010, 03:22:33 pm »
Ha, none of my favorite bands are playing FreeFest. I just look at it as an opportunity to give some bands a chance, and to hang out in a festive atmosphere with my family.

I leave for work before my daughter wakes up, and often don't get home until right before her bedtime. Essentially the only quality time I get with her is on weekends. I'm also going to be away on business for two weekends in August. No way would I want to be away from her for an entire day in September. I'd rather miss FreeFest than miss a day with her.

James, I have it on good authority that your daughter thinks your favorite bands suck.  Leave her at home and you and the Mrs have a good time.