Author Topic: Get rid of Ticketfly  (Read 75795 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Get rid of Ticketfly
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2010, 02:46:04 pm »
is there a show you don't see?  :P

I can tell you that four $30 tickets to GBV at 9:30 Club using TicketFly were $148, and four $30 tickets at Terminal 5 using TM were $168.
(_|_)

Shadrach

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2010, 02:48:40 pm »
There are 2 separate entities, 2 completely different businesses, collecting different amounts. When you order something online, does it roll the shipping and handling charges into the total amount? No. It adds these charges on at the end when you check out.

Ticketfly is a business that, like Ticketmaster, offers a service and tries to make a profit as well. I won't insult your intelligence by explaining the cost of running a business with overhead and staff and what not and why people go into business, but suffice to say for the most part we've been very happy with the service of Ticketfly.

Lets face it: Ticketfly is as big a ripoff as Tickemaster.

The issue comes down to the fact that Seth can't very well use Tickemaster because its his competitor.

But come on.. on a $30 ticket you pay $10 in charges with Ticketfly.

TOTAL BULLSHIT. Just add the $10 to the ticket..

It would be more honest than pretending it costs $10 to print a small ticket and mail it to you.

I love IMP and as I wrote elsewhere Seth has my dream job but lets not say its ok to rip people off on ticket charges only because its not Ticketmaster!

vansmack

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2010, 02:51:36 pm »
It's time for Smackie's 10 minute rule.

Everybody should consider waiting 10 minutes before replying to a post so as to absorb what's being said and reply in a rational manner.  I have outlasted many bosses by applying this rule.
27>34

Shadrach

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2010, 02:52:48 pm »
Considering that fatskippy posted the following, yet I was able to confirm that fatskippy did indeed get tickets, contrary to the statement below, I stand by my assessment.

No I was not able to get tickets because the site crashed.  I still can't get ticketfly to load.  Ultimately I don't care what company runs a venue, I just want to go see a concert as conveniently as possible.  I don't remember the ticket buying process for most concerts I have been to but I definitely remember Phish and now this one since no improvements to the system were made.  It is so incredibly stubborn to stick with something that isn't working and it is terrible customer service.  Oh and LOL @ MGMT being listed as a selling point for anything.

Are you going to compliment him by saying he carries his weight well?

Because calling him a liar isn't really complimenting him.

fatskippy, I'm afraid I have a difficult time taking anything you're posting here with much concerned consideration after discovering that YES, you did indeed manage to secure 2 tickets this morning.

You sir are a liar!

Please enjoy the festival with our compliments.

[/quote]

hutch

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2010, 03:02:15 pm »
I don't have a problem with profit but I've been around the block and I wasn't born yesterday. There are different degrees of profit....There is profit and there is gouging.

Ticketmaster rebate (bribe) or Ticketfly deal with IMP its all the same.. the venues are getting money in exchange for lettting these services rip people off..

And for 1 ticket for GBV that sold for 30 bucks it cost 40 bucks..it makes sense for IMP to say "oh no it all has to do with the cost of providing the service" but thats not any different from what we heard about Ticketmaster for ages..

That, and I don't care if you are Polish , straight, or a troglodyte, is what we call a RIPOFF.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2010, 03:03:40 pm »
Then why are you getting so surly with me;)

If you think that your points on here aren't being taken and considered and used for future reference then you clearly don't know how we operate. Obviously we try our very best to give the patrons of 9:30 and MPP the very best ticketing experience and customer service possible and when things don't go as smoothly as they should, haven't we always done what we can to make up for mistakes and do what's right by you folks? That being said there is a certain redundancy in these posts and frankly I believe that some of you are complaining just for the sake of complaining... I'm looking at you fatskippy!!!!
PANTS

eltee

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2010, 03:07:48 pm »
And for 1 ticket for GBV that sold for 30 bucks it cost 40 bucks.
$40.38 then $40 after "system glitch" was fixed to be exact. ;)

MonkeyPants

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2010, 03:14:53 pm »
It seems that for VFest at least, IMP should consider Front Gate Tickets, which handles ACL Festival and Lollapalooza, as well as a few other smaller festivals.  Festival ticketing just isn't the same as ticketing for the club or for a regular MPP show (even though we've seen those also have their share of problems with TicketFly).
PANTS

aglanixp

« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2010, 06:09:50 pm »
I had no problem getting in at 10:45.
I was in a meeting and did not get the chance to try until then.

ggw

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2010, 06:42:36 pm »
Is anyone else here old enough to remember spending the night in your car outside of Woodies and Hechts praying that you would get tickets?  How about the old GD mail order lottery?  You people whining about "wasting" an hour sitting on your fat ass in front of your computer make me laugh.

nkotb

« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2010, 07:49:17 pm »
Ah those were the days.  Our local venue was the Hecht's at Owings Mills Mall or Sears at Columbia Mall.  I can remember idiot friends of mine thinking that tripping was the best way to stay up all night in line.  Good stuff.

Look, I'm not all that old (ok, I am), but you kids are pussies.  Try sleeping outside in the rain and then STILL not getting tickets?  Sitting in the A/C on your home computer playing Warcraft and bitching about spending an hour that way waiting for a presale for a free festival?  Give me a break.

Is anyone else here old enough to remember spending the night in your car outside of Woodies and Hechts praying that you would get tickets?  How about the old GD mail order lottery?  You people whining about "wasting" an hour sitting on your fat ass in front of your computer make me laugh.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2010, 09:21:26 pm »
You guys forgot to mention that you had to wait uphill, both ways.
<sig>

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2010, 09:39:36 pm »
Is anyone else here old enough to remember spending the night in your car outside of Woodies and Hechts praying that you would get tickets? 

Ah, yes.  Nothing like spending the night on the sidewalk outside of Landover Mall with a wad of cash in your pocket.  Good times.

How about the old GD mail order lottery? 

As long as you didn't care where you sat - this was a great system.   No lines.  No phones.  Just a trip to the post office.  And it worked about 90% of the time.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2010, 10:32:25 pm »

Man, you're old.

The point isn't about the complaining or who is a wimp or has an unrealistic sense of entitlement.  The point is TF sucked, has sucked and has not explained whether or how they will stop sucking.  If something is supposed to work and it doesn't, then I'm not going to put someone down for complaining that it doesn't work.  But you old guys can go around condescending to people and telling them that they should just accept broken stuff and incompetence because people used to not have stuff and people were way less competent back in the olden days.
PANTS

atomicfront

« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2010, 02:44:51 am »

Man, you're old.

The point isn't about the complaining or who is a wimp or has an unrealistic sense of entitlement.  The point is TF sucked, has sucked and has not explained whether or how they will stop sucking.  If something is supposed to work and it doesn't, then I'm not going to put someone down for complaining that it doesn't work.  But you old guys can go around condescending to people and telling them that they should just accept broken stuff and incompetence because people used to not have stuff and people were way less competent back in the olden days.

Doesn't matter to me as I got my tickets.  I prefer an incompetent system where i get my tickets over a competent one where i don't get my tickets.