Author Topic: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition  (Read 1455634 times)

atomicfront

Re: Just Announced Commentary - 2011 Edition
« Reply #1380 on: April 30, 2013, 02:58:18 pm »
Damn last year had quite a few good acts.  Major Lazer, Bonde do Role, Action Bronson, Tanlines, Spaceghostpurrp, Flosstradamus, Mr Muthafucking Exquire, and Casey Veggies would all be on my list of acts I would have wanted to check out.
I went up to Philly last year, it was better thant he year before, more organized. Am hoping it's the same every stop, like a tour. Would be a bummer if it varied like they did last year. Also thinking Merriweather is fucking HUGE compared to that Penn's Landning that held the Philly one last year. It couldn't have been more than 1500 people there and they were packed in.

I have only been to Penn Landing once.  For the Roots picnic three years ago.   That place get my worst place to see a show award.  Basically a concrete slab with no shade with chain link fence around it and 10 dollars for 12 onces of crappy beer and porta pottys.  

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1381 on: April 30, 2013, 03:01:33 pm »
Damn last year had quite a few good acts.  Major Lazer, Bonde do Role, Action Bronson, Tanlines, Spaceghostpurrp, Flosstradamus, Mr Muthafucking Exquire, and Casey Veggies would all be on my list of acts I would have wanted to check out.
I went up to Philly last year, it was better thant he year before, more organized. Am hoping it's the same every stop, like a tour. Would be a bummer if it varied like they did last year. Also thinking Merriweather is fucking HUGE compared to that Penn's Landning that held the Philly one last year. It couldn't have been more than 1500 people there and they were packed in.

I have only been to Penn Landing once.  For the Roots picnic three years ago.   That place get my worst place to see a show award.  Basically a concrete slab with no shade with chain link fence around it and 10 dollars for 12 onces of crappy beer and porta pottys.  
Not only that, but the sound was god awful. I'm ecstatic I don't have to go to Philly for MDBP this year lol.
‼‼?‼‼

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1382 on: April 30, 2013, 03:45:40 pm »
I just tried and they still have right center, row L....that's still 5th row even tho they're not center.

$101 for center pavilion within the first 5 rows is not bad

Really?  After 30 minutes the best I could do was Row X.
(_|_)

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #1383 on: April 30, 2013, 05:56:14 pm »
If you pick will call they have better seats for ya

I just tried and they still have right center, row L....that's still 5th row even tho they're not center.

$101 for center pavilion within the first 5 rows is not bad

Really?  After 30 minutes the best I could do was Row X.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1384 on: May 01, 2013, 04:32:16 pm »
a true hero, to me . . . finally!!!!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/magazine/news/20130429/jason-collins-gay-nba-player/

well that was quick

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/29/jason-collins-mike-wallace-twitter-tweet-homophobic/

As much as I hate the Steelers (and I love football enough to understand he is no longer in PIT), Wallace is right. First off, a phobia is defined as someone whom has UNREALISTIC fear(s) about a particular thing. Wallace, showing no unrealistic fear in his tweet should never be labeled as a homophobe. Second, it is completely understandable that Wallace does not understand Collins' position. He is not a homosexual and most likely will never be. I am of the same mindset and can safely say that I will never understand the idea of being sexually attracted to another man. That does not mean that we have some fundamental disagreement with such an idea.

Third, even the disagreement of such a mindset does not make one a hater of homosexuals. One can question the lifestyle from a standpoint of right or wrong without deliberately questioning the reality of such. There are many whom are born with tendencies that have been deemed undesirable by the public. For example, there may be a man/woman whom is attracted to people of far too young of an age or someone whom is attracted to animals. Would that sit in accordance with the general public? The answer is no. They would most likely be incarcerated for sexual actions on either party.

This is not saying that we should do the same with homosexuals. I honestly believe in the true attraction between two of the same sex. But to say that Mike Wallace is a hater of homosexuals is yet another example of an unfair categorization of an individual for what may be his own personal beliefs.

Just as we should stop persecuting those whom believe in the attraction between those of the same sex, we must also be fair to those whom have have the slightest disagreement of the notion.

When Bigotry Is 'Balance': Media still worried homophobes aren't being heard

😐 🎶

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1385 on: May 01, 2013, 04:55:56 pm »
wow.

so i guess according to imapieceofshit logic . . . the kkk isnt the problem, its the people who hate the idea of the kkk who are the problem.

get the fuck out of here

you are hereby fucking bashed, dickhead.

atomicfront

« Reply #1386 on: May 02, 2013, 03:28:25 pm »
I went through the trouble of finding the presale password for the Monkees (heyhey) but then I looked at the prices and decided not to spend that much money on them.  I was also thinking what the heck does Peter Tork doing shows? What does he sing one song? 

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1387 on: May 02, 2013, 04:05:32 pm »
I went through the trouble of finding the presale password for the Monkees (heyhey) but then I looked at the prices and decided not to spend that much money on them.  I was also thinking what the heck does Peter Tork doing shows? What does he sing one song? 

He's the most instrumentally talented of the group.
😐 🎶

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1388 on: May 02, 2013, 06:04:11 pm »
you know . . . i actually contemplated leaving this here forum for good.  once and for all.  god.  i yelled and basically "internerd threatened" some total stranger . . . based on what?  what he/she thinks, what he/she feels.  that is their right to have their mind think that.  the mind is so great, and i never question it.  i should fucking respect that.  i would expect the same.  who the fuck am i to tell someone else that they are wrong and i am write, wait, right?  this place here, this nine thirty club forum i have posted on for years . . . good night, that long?  really, since then?  it changes you as a person, laugh if you want, but it does.  you come here as a joke, a try to fit in; you stay until you choke on the fucking shit coming out of your hands.  sometimes i wish i was perfect.  sometimes i wish saying "sorry" to the person i should say it to, didnt seem like some bullshit cop out. 

no wonder people self medicate.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1389 on: May 02, 2013, 08:02:53 pm »
well walkie your rants always make me think...  sadly my rants ended up so convoluted that even i can't figure out my point...

speaking of forumites who could rant... the Neutral Milk Hotel reunion would have lead to an epic Mr. Wallace rant given how much they have grown in popularity.  Sometimes I miss that scalawag... just sometimes :)

rant away walkie!
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1390 on: May 02, 2013, 08:13:19 pm »
The Dwight Yoakum show is proof positive that the "Hey Seth" thread works ;)

Been hoping this tour would hit DC, the "3 Pears" album is a recent fav for sure.  Plus one of my favorite Pop Power Artists Eugene Edwards is playing guitar and Brian Whelan (The Broken West) is also on board playing guitar, pedal steel and keyboards.

Whelan's recent album is a masterpiece

http://www.brianwhelanmusic.com/listen/

Edwards has done a couple great one take covers recently

https://soundcloud.com/eugeneedwards25
T.Rex

mekmad

« Reply #1391 on: May 02, 2013, 09:25:07 pm »
Black Sabbath
8/2
Lubeville

Opening act: Andrew W.K.
Tickets: $46.00 - $149.50.

GA pit.  it's a friday - anyone hoping to make it to this show should plan on taking a half-day off work so they can make it on time.

$149 and at The Lube?  Pass..  Maybe they'll place Verizon Center in the fall/winter.

yup, that's pretty much my assessment.  i'd pay $150 to see them at a better venue, or for under $50 at the Lube... but no way they're getting me on both counts.  *le sigh*.

i'd say the chances of them coming back in the fall are close to zero.  these guys are old and i doubt they'll be hitting all the markets they want to this time round.  if there is a second leg i'm sure they'll want to hit those other cities.  doubtful there are enough folks here willing to pay $150 twice to see them.

Has anyone ever used this "Rock and Bus" service?  Apparently its only $30 round trip to drive from DC to The Lube (or Merriweather).  Thinking this might make the trip to Bristow somewhat better if I can have a few beers on the way:  http://www.rockandbus.com/

Yada

« Reply #1392 on: May 02, 2013, 09:49:08 pm »
Black Sabbath
8/2
Lubeville

Opening act: Andrew W.K.
Tickets: $46.00 - $149.50.

GA pit.  it's a friday - anyone hoping to make it to this show should plan on taking a half-day off work so they can make it on time.

$149 and at The Lube?  Pass..  Maybe they'll place Verizon Center in the fall/winter.

yup, that's pretty much my assessment.  i'd pay $150 to see them at a better venue, or for under $50 at the Lube... but no way they're getting me on both counts.  *le sigh*.

i'd say the chances of them coming back in the fall are close to zero.  these guys are old and i doubt they'll be hitting all the markets they want to this time round.  if there is a second leg i'm sure they'll want to hit those other cities.  doubtful there are enough folks here willing to pay $150 twice to see them.

Has anyone ever used this "Rock and Bus" service?  Apparently its only $30 round trip to drive from DC to The Lube (or Merriweather).  Thinking this might make the trip to Bristow somewhat better if I can have a few beers on the way:  http://www.rockandbus.com/

I can't say I've ever used that particular service, however any service that provides a sober ride to and fro while allowing you to partake in fun I'd consider a good ting.

Yada

« Reply #1393 on: May 03, 2013, 09:24:33 am »
well walkie your rants always make me think...  sadly my rants ended up so convoluted that even i can't figure out my point...

speaking of forumites who could rant... the Neutral Milk Hotel reunion would have lead to an epic Mr. Wallace rant given how much they have grown in popularity.  Sometimes I miss that scalawag... just sometimes :)

rant away walkie!

A good walky post is what keeps me coming to this place!

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1394 on: May 04, 2013, 11:00:42 pm »
Here come the chickens...

Rolling Stones Tickets Are Now Sinking Below $70

This is the latest aftershock in an arguably catastrophic Rolling Stones tour. That is, catastrophic not just for the band, but maybe the entire concert industry as well.

This might be that 'moment' when everything changed.  After being confronted with wide swaths of unsold seats for their opening gig at Staples Center, Stones promoters AEG were forced to slash prices to $85 (often for very good seats).  That solved a short-term problem, but was a very bitter pill for those that paid $600-plus for a ticket.  Especially those who found themselves sitting right next to bargain-grabbing fans.

continued...
😐 🎶