Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1291561 times)

challenged

• Instagram
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3405 on: April 11, 2019, 07:26:51 pm »
Did anyone buy a shirt or poster? If so post pics please

hutch

« Reply #3406 on: April 11, 2019, 07:49:17 pm »
Oooooh...nice

I wish I could have been there....

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #3407 on: April 18, 2019, 07:33:50 am »
Durand Jones & The Indications put on one hell of a show. Challenged could not have been more correct about the drummer. Unreal voice.

hutch

« Reply #3408 on: April 23, 2019, 08:12:05 am »
Nick Mason was so fun! I loved everything about it

I was by soundboard and the sound was killer

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3409 on: April 23, 2019, 10:28:14 am »
Durand Jones & The Indications put on one hell of a show. Challenged could not have been more correct about the drummer. Unreal voice.

Went and saw them again at Ottobar last night; what a fun show.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #3410 on: April 24, 2019, 07:51:30 am »

Went and saw them again at Ottobar last night; what a fun show.

Really is. Can't wait for them to come around again.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3411 on: April 24, 2019, 08:31:23 am »
Kirin J. Callinan at DC9 last night....WOW, what a great entertainer.....did anyone else make it?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 08:34:52 am by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

K8teebug

« Reply #3412 on: May 06, 2019, 02:18:01 pm »
Not sure how many SNL fans are here, but I would highly recommend entering the lottery in August to see if you can score tickets. I went to the dress rehearsal this weekend for the Adam Sandler/Shawn Mendes show and it was the chance of a lifetime!!! Maybe it's because his cast was when I was in middle school, and really getting into the show, but it was just amazing. We saw 3 sketches that didn't make the live show and a news skit that didn't make it. It was awesome seeing how everything is put together, and to see Lorne walking around making sure it was set. Added bonus seeing Chris Rock and Kristen Wiig!!!!

I do believe you can try your luck for standby tickets, but that seems to require spending the night for tickets you may or may not get.

I would recommend going to the dress over the live show. It's the same, and it's longer, and it seems more laid back.

So glad I finally got to go see it. I've been trying to get tickets since you had to send in postcards :)

Bagley

« Reply #3413 on: May 07, 2019, 11:14:14 am »
How was Eleanor Sunday night?

« Reply #3414 on: May 07, 2019, 11:17:15 am »
How was Eleanor Sunday night?
she looked smoking as she came up to the merch table, but we missed her set :(
it was just too nice out to go into a dark dank club Sunday night that early
slack

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #3415 on: May 07, 2019, 05:02:57 pm »
I try every year, and get shut out every year.

Not sure how many SNL fans are here, but I would highly recommend entering the lottery in August to see if you can score tickets. I went to the dress rehearsal this weekend for the Adam Sandler/Shawn Mendes show and it was the chance of a lifetime!!! Maybe it's because his cast was when I was in middle school, and really getting into the show, but it was just amazing. We saw 3 sketches that didn't make the live show and a news skit that didn't make it. It was awesome seeing how everything is put together, and to see Lorne walking around making sure it was set. Added bonus seeing Chris Rock and Kristen Wiig!!!!

I do believe you can try your luck for standby tickets, but that seems to require spending the night for tickets you may or may not get.

I would recommend going to the dress over the live show. It's the same, and it's longer, and it seems more laid back.

So glad I finally got to go see it. I've been trying to get tickets since you had to send in postcards :)

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #3416 on: May 08, 2019, 11:28:06 am »
Saw Idles and Fontaines DC show at Metro Gallery in Baltimore.  Idles show was high energy on stage and in the audience...a lot of fun. The 2 guitarists like to go out into the crowd multiple times during the show.   Looking forward to seeing them again at the Club later in the year.  Fontaines DC were also enjoyable but brief.  More low key than Idles, but still good.  Will probably see their headlining show at U Street later in the year.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 08:45:14 pm by jeffml »

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3417 on: May 09, 2019, 10:25:06 am »
Pedro the Lion and John Vanderslice last night was special. Had never seen PTL before, had only seen Bazan solo.  New record is great, band tight, visuals on point.
Vanderslice was so much fun, great songs, tremendously funny banter.

shemptiness

« Reply #3418 on: May 10, 2019, 02:54:25 pm »
Did anyone buy a shirt or poster? If so post pics please

* Giant Tweedy poster removed *

Available for $22.50 online at the wilco store

nkotb

« Reply #3419 on: May 11, 2019, 08:37:37 am »
Ex Hex is an almost perfect band (they added a white cis man as a touring bassist which smacks of heteronormative patriarchy so they lose a few points)