Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1295976 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3375 on: March 11, 2019, 10:24:17 am »
loved the show ;)
even better than the last 930 show.
great stage design, too.

I went to see Aurora last night...not the usual type of show I go to, but a friend was working for the tour so I went to check it out. All I can say is she's easily one of the best vocalists I've ever seen. At age 22, she reminds me of Kate Bush with the soulfulness of Leonard Cohen, the ethereal range of Liz Fraser and the pop sensibility of one of her contemporaries (like Robyn). She has an old soul. She's someone that I suspect will be around for a long, long time. Her fans are clearly starstruck and her songs really hit deep. So much power in her performance, and she told me she's only been singing for five years. I need to listen to her recorded music more closely, but in concert she could reduce people (and did) to a blubbering mess of a puddle. She's that good. Phenomenal show.
(_|_)

bearman🐻

« Reply #3376 on: March 18, 2019, 09:36:07 am »
Anyone else go to Flesh Eaters and Porcupine? I had a great time, but who doesn't have a great time hanging out and drinking with Greg Norton and Kim Thayil? The evening got a bit blurry, but the Gun Club cover shredded.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3377 on: March 18, 2019, 10:59:30 am »
Had a fun '90s weekend at Teenage Fanclub on Saturday; and then Pixies/Weezer on Sunday.

Bagley

« Reply #3378 on: March 18, 2019, 01:34:05 pm »
Anyone else go to Flesh Eaters and Porcupine? I had a great time, but who doesn't have a great time hanging out and drinking with Greg Norton and Kim Thayil? The evening got a bit blurry, but the Gun Club cover shredded.

No unfortunately not Bearman. Didn't think the show was a good fit for my wife.  However, my friend saw the "post punk jazz rockabilly" show in NYC last night and had a great time but said that Chris' vocals were all over the place. Bonebreak on vibes was a highlight! ....and Porcupine rocked!

vansmack

« Reply #3379 on: March 18, 2019, 02:37:41 pm »
Had a fun '90s weekend at Teenage Fanclub on Saturday; and then Pixies/Weezer on Sunday.

Yes, I was NOT enjoying the social media this weekend from my DC colleagues...
27>34

bearman🐻

« Reply #3380 on: March 25, 2019, 10:54:42 am »
Saw the Pixies in Philly a week ago. It was a headlining show and I've been seeing them since 1990...I'd say it was maybe in the top 3 or 4 shows of theirs that I've seen, and I've seen a lot. Absolutely phenomenal. I love Kim Deal, but technically Paz is a better musician. Kim is a great songwriter, and I am not discounting her charms and aura (which you can't replace).  But I think Paz makes them play better honestly. It was the perfect blend of some new tunes, but a LOT of older stuff I haven't heard in a while. "Motorway to Roswell" was a highlight.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #3381 on: March 25, 2019, 11:27:28 am »
Finally made it to a show at Union Stage this past weekend. Liked the venue. Thought the sound was excellent.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3382 on: March 25, 2019, 11:38:24 am »
Last minute decided to visit RoFo Arena to see An Evening with Fleetwood Mac last night.

AMA

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #3383 on: March 25, 2019, 01:08:59 pm »
Saw them with Weezer in Baltimore.  Thoroughly enjoyed the Pixies...wish it was in a smaller club-sized venue.

Saw the Pixies in Philly a week ago. It was a headlining show and I've been seeing them since 1990...I'd say it was maybe in the top 3 or 4 shows of theirs that I've seen, and I've seen a lot. Absolutely phenomenal. I love Kim Deal, but technically Paz is a better musician. Kim is a great songwriter, and I am not discounting her charms and aura (which you can't replace).  But I think Paz makes them play better honestly. It was the perfect blend of some new tunes, but a LOT of older stuff I haven't heard in a while. "Motorway to Roswell" was a highlight.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #3384 on: March 25, 2019, 01:09:57 pm »
and?  Curious to hear how Mike Campbell fit in

Last minute decided to visit RoFo Arena to see An Evening with Fleetwood Mac last night.

AMA

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3385 on: March 25, 2019, 02:14:37 pm »
and?  Curious to hear how Mike Campbell fit in

AMA

Mike was great. Total rock star. We were sitting side stage on his side of the stage and he hammed it up to our section. He sang on Oh Well, an old Peter Green song that evidently Tom Petty used to cover. The band also plays Free Fallin' while a video montage honoring Tom Petty shows on the screen.

Like you, I was also at the Wixies/Peezer show the previous Sunday. The lines to get into RoFo Arena were 10x worse for FMac.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #3386 on: March 29, 2019, 07:27:05 am »
Spur of the moment decision to catch Swervedriver and Failure last night. Quite enjoyable pairing. There were clear camps for both bands. Appeared to me like a decent amount left before Failure took the stage.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #3387 on: March 29, 2019, 01:03:23 pm »
That's a shame, though I really don't like their new album at all.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3388 on: April 01, 2019, 11:49:07 am »
This is for the very small number of you with whom I am not already linked via Instagram.

Quick NYC trip banter.

Pizza Suprema behind MSG, always great. Crust is thin, sauce is tangy, cheese is cheesy.

The Vessel at Hudson Yards is a merger of art and commerce designed to draw tourists west of Times Square. It works.

Central Park Duck: was absent for the weekend.

Momofuku Noodle Bar at the Time Warner Center/Columbus Circle beforehand. Terrific dinner of the shrimp buns, mushroom buns, big eye tuna crudo, and seared scallops.

My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center. Truly great and memorable songs, performed flawlessly and passionately. Tremendous sets and costumes. To paraphrase a standout number from the show: "Get thee to the show ontime."

I will see myself out.

K8teebug

« Reply #3389 on: April 02, 2019, 07:56:03 am »
I saw Harry Potter and the Cursed Child 2 weeks ago. I was really against even reading the book, but my friend was working on it, so I took advantage to cheap(er) house seats. I loved it. Interesting to see Harry Potter on the stage, and it definitely didn't feel like my sister and I were there for 6 hours. In between, went for ramen at Ippudo, which never disappoints.