Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1296262 times)

challenged

• Instagram
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4155 on: October 18, 2021, 09:42:45 am »
Saturday was fun at the Jesse Malin house show. Full band took up much of the living room so it was more tightly packed than usual, but he's got fun songs and stories about them.
Sunday was a rousing show at 930 for Idles. When I first drove by at around 8, the line to get in was around the corner, so I parked at the Howard lot, and then had dinner at Whole Foods. I am liking the PLNT burger over there. Returned to the club and the line was still long, all the way to the corner. So when I got in I only saw maybe 10 minutes of Gustaf, but was weird and interesting. Idles was great. Loud aggressive songs about being kinder, and not toxic. Stayed out of the mosh, and got a good spot over by stage right. I wish I had seen them at Metro Gallery or RNRH.
Goats tonight.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4156 on: October 18, 2021, 10:02:04 am »
I was at Metro Gallery show...Fontaines DC opened.  Great show!

Saturday was fun at the Jesse Malin house show. Full band took up much of the living room so it was more tightly packed than usual, but he's got fun songs and stories about them.
Sunday was a rousing show at 930 for Idles. When I first drove by at around 8, the line to get in was around the corner, so I parked at the Howard lot, and then had dinner at Whole Foods. I am liking the PLNT burger over there. Returned to the club and the line was still long, all the way to the corner. So when I got in I only saw maybe 10 minutes of Gustaf, but was weird and interesting. Idles was great. Loud aggressive songs about being kinder, and not toxic. Stayed out of the mosh, and got a good spot over by stage right. I wish I had seen them at Metro Gallery or RNRH.
Goats tonight.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4157 on: October 18, 2021, 10:16:41 am »
I was at Metro Gallery show...Fontaines DC opened.  Great show!

Goats tonight.

One Thousand.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4158 on: October 18, 2021, 10:19:43 am »
Didn't even notice.  Thanks!

K8teebug

« Reply #4159 on: October 18, 2021, 01:57:55 pm »
IDLES fucking killed it last night. Just insane. What a band.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4160 on: October 19, 2021, 12:15:27 am »
The Mountain Goats put on a stellar show. John told the story of their plans for this tour, which would have begun at the 9:30 club with a surprise album drop. He never did explain how they wound up at the Fillmore...

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4161 on: October 19, 2021, 09:36:58 am »
The Mountain Goats put on a stellar show. John told the story of their plans for this tour, which would have begun at the 9:30 club with a surprise album drop. He never did explain how they wound up at the Fillmore...

Pretty sure the answer to that is - 2 nights of Idles at 930.

I loved The Mountain Goats show at Fillmore. Jon's drumming on Heel Turn 2 in and of itself was worth the price of admission and the hypothermia: venue temperature, maybe 60 degrees.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 09:39:27 am by challenged »

« Reply #4162 on: October 19, 2021, 10:26:08 am »
the hypothermia: venue temperature, maybe 60 degrees.
Hmm new data point we should probably be tracking
slack

Yada

« Reply #4163 on: October 19, 2021, 10:28:47 am »
the hypothermia: venue temperature, maybe 60 degrees.
Hmm new data point we should probably be tracking

I've probably been to the Fillmore less than five times in a decade, but can confirm and actually appreciate the chilly venue TBH. Would prefer to be chilled than sweating.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4164 on: October 20, 2021, 08:30:32 am »
probably an unpopular opinion, but I prefer Mountain Goats solo vs full band.  He did play a full solo show in Wilmington recently :/

(_|_)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #4165 on: October 20, 2021, 10:12:47 am »
probably an unpopular opinion, but I prefer Mountain Goats solo vs full band.  He did play a full solo show in Wilmington recently :/

Different experience entirely, but yes, a solo Mountain Goats show is amazing. I was disappointed the solo tour didn't come through DC.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4166 on: October 22, 2021, 09:55:37 am »
Black Midi was fun and chaotic and weird. Three notes: 1. started late; 2. the opener was Black Midi under another name playing 3 blues-tinged songs whilst leader Geordie seemed unhappy; 3. at merch they had a $45 Baltimore specific T-Shirt.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4167 on: October 23, 2021, 01:25:16 pm »
So GBV last night at Ottobar.  I was up on the rail stage right (or left as I don't know which side is which).  Fun show, great set list, 54 songs in 2 hours 45 minutes.  I thought some songs were a drunkin mess (especially as night wore on) but most songs were pretty damn tight.  The strange thing was the encore set was very tight and exceptional.

Anyway as usual, a fun time at GBV, Bob and the band were entertaining and fun.  Hopefully they come back in spring.

Bob did mention they are working on 3 new albums for next year and even gave us the album titles (which I can't remember)  I'm assuming he was being serious.

« Reply #4168 on: October 23, 2021, 01:39:36 pm »
Bob did mention they are working on 3 new albums for next year and even gave us the album titles (which I can't remember)  I'm assuming he was being serious.
I think he was being serious on the 3 new albums...I think he was being less serious about the titles...but who knows
slack

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4169 on: October 23, 2021, 02:27:53 pm »
how many high kicks?  at his age probably none?
(_|_)