Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1299929 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4200 on: October 27, 2021, 10:33:28 am »
There also have been numerous other occasions where i thought maybe someone was somebody and they weren't, as well as occasions where people mistake me for someone else.

We need a code phrase. Something simple, inoffensive and immediately recognizable. I propose, "Are you friends with kosmo vinyl?". If the person shakes their head and backs away, no harm done. If they break out into a huge smile and initiate the secret forum handshake, its a win!

What if you can't see them smile under their mask?

I mean, honestly if they don't start humping your leg, they're *probably* not a boardie anyways.

Starsky

« Reply #4201 on: October 27, 2021, 12:13:28 pm »
Last night at Arlo Pork:

Sidehatch: God that’s Space and he’s with his ballbusting wife! Hope he doesn’t say hi!

Space: OK I see Sidehatch. Definitely not saying hello but good material for the board tomorrow!

Space Freely

« Reply #4202 on: October 27, 2021, 12:20:29 pm »
There also have been numerous other occasions where i thought maybe someone was somebody and they weren't, as well as occasions where people mistake me for someone else.

We need a code phrase. Something simple, inoffensive and immediately recognizable. I propose, "Are you friends with kosmo vinyl?". If the person shakes their head and backs away, no harm done. If they break out into a huge smile and initiate the secret forum handshake, its a win!

What if you can't see them smile under their mask?

I mean, honestly if they don't start humping your leg, they're *probably* not a boardie anyways.

You're the guy who I'd most likely give the Netflix special to.

Space Freely

« Reply #4203 on: October 27, 2021, 12:20:49 pm »
Last night at Arlo Pork:

Sidehatch: God that’s Space and he’s with his ballbusting wife! Hope he doesn’t say hi!

Space: OK I see Sidehatch. Definitely not saying hello but good material for the board tomorrow!

Not bad, I'd give you the Tubi special.

« Reply #4204 on: October 27, 2021, 12:27:43 pm »
Last night at Arlo Pork:
Now now...let's not put words in my mouth/thoughts in my head
Although she did seem to be holding some sort of chain, I just couldn't see what it was connected too?
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4205 on: October 27, 2021, 12:29:39 pm »

This is actually a fun idea. Love “are you friends with Kosmo Vinyl?” 
LVMH

« Reply #4206 on: October 27, 2021, 12:30:26 pm »
Space and Sidehatch saw each other at a show last night and didn’t feel like saying hi.

Julian and I did this once. Its hard in the middle of a show. Much better to meet IRL while pregaming.
All joking aside, when did this happen? I have zero recollection of meeting you. Hutch I squashed a beef at the bar mid-show, but not recalling this.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 12:33:59 pm by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4207 on: October 27, 2021, 12:40:34 pm »
We didn't actually meet, but we did walk past each other at Flaming Lips, over near Food Food.

« Reply #4208 on: October 27, 2021, 12:41:13 pm »
We didn't actually meet, but we did walk past each other at Flaming Lips, over near Food Food.
If you say so, my man. I was unaware of this until now.

I’ll generally throw a Hello out and chat for fifteen seconds if I see someone.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #4209 on: October 27, 2021, 12:58:32 pm »
If you say so, my man. I was unaware of this until now.

I’ll generally throw a Hello out and chat for fifteen seconds if I see someone.

Hey, next time they're in town, let's get this done.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4210 on: October 27, 2021, 03:00:19 pm »
I'd be up for that if you cut it down to a 10 second chat.  15 seconds?  No thanks.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4211 on: October 27, 2021, 03:32:02 pm »

shemptiness

« Reply #4212 on: October 27, 2021, 05:37:09 pm »
Arlo Parks - really enjoyed the show, although probably one of the shorter sets I've seen.  First time at Union - it's a cool spot. Stayed at the Hyatt and enjoyed some pre-show oysters at Rappahannock and Nick's. At breakfast we ran into the group who got the ripped up poem from Arlo. Pretty sure I spotted Mr. and Mrs. J snuggling at one of the back tables at Union.     

« Reply #4213 on: October 27, 2021, 06:54:16 pm »
I'd be up for that if you cut it down to a 10 second chat.  15 seconds?  No thanks.
It can be ten. Some people want an autograph or a selfie with me, and I try to accommodate a few extra seconds if it’s going to make some kids day, ya know?
LVMH

« Reply #4214 on: October 28, 2021, 06:26:43 am »
First I had to figure out where the venue that I'd never heard of with weird start times
then a labyrinthine path leading to short lines to have someone check my ID, then My card then 'my ticket'
there was staff everywhere, but nobody was doing anything
Lighting consisted of only florescent bright white lights, sound sucked, no drink options
in fact there was no band at all when I went to early vote in Virginia yesterday
all in all, would do again
slack