Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1299372 times)

Hutch

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #5295 on: March 16, 2024, 07:05:45 pm »
Wait dude you said it was new…

What difference does it make? New or newer she should play what she wants!

Complaining about what she plays at a free show really takes BDE.

Yada

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #5297 on: March 16, 2024, 10:26:14 pm »
Thanks Space!!

But the thing is, her 'new stuff" isn't really new. It's from 2012 and 2022. And it's 60%of her setlist  https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/beth-orton/2024/maurer-hall-old-town-school-of-folk-music-chicago-il-23aaa067.html even in her non-free show. Higher percentage last night.

I disagree about what to play at a free show. Half the audience isn't even going to know who you are. Play the stuff that's going to have the most widespread appeal. And the half that does know you os there for the older stuff.Though honestly with her voice the way that it was, those three songs didn't fare much better.

And look at Cock, always with the wittiest, most useful comments.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5298 on: March 17, 2024, 10:03:16 am »
Hypothetically speaking.

Let's say you go to a show at the club 9:30. And you're wearing a 9:30 shirt. And lets say - hypothetically again - that you've done this a bunch of times. Not just Thievery Corporation.

Now you begin to notice that everytime this happens, show after show, one or more of the staph looks at you and says "Nice shirt".  Always "Nice shirt". Never "Love the shirt", "Hey! Where'd ya get that shirt?" or "Whoa I haven't seen that one in years!". Always "Nice shirt".

What's the "secret password" response? What do you say to unlock all the freedoms and freebies that are hidden just behind "Nice shirt"?

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #5299 on: March 17, 2024, 10:18:26 am »
Hypothetically speaking.

Let's say you go to a show at the club 9:30. And you're wearing a 9:30 shirt. And lets say - hypothetically again - that you've done this a bunch of times. Not just Thievery Corporation.

Now you begin to notice that everytime this happens, show after show, one or more of the staph looks at you and says "Nice shirt".  Always "Nice shirt". Never "Love the shirt", "Hey! Where'd ya get that shirt?" or "Whoa I haven't seen that one in years!". Always "Nice shirt".

What's the "secret password" response? What do you say to unlock all the freedoms and freebies that are hidden just behind "Nice shirt"?

"My pleasure"
😐 🎶

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5300 on: March 17, 2024, 10:30:01 am »
"My pleasure"

Nice! What treasures await?

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #5301 on: March 17, 2024, 12:36:09 pm »
"My pleasure"

Nice! What treasures await?

Nuggets, strips, or a sandwich. But not on Sunday.
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5302 on: March 18, 2024, 12:37:52 pm »

don't tell me how to live my sex life.  i'll oggle shlong any damn way i please, and with whatever type of commentary i choose.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #5303 on: March 22, 2024, 08:45:28 am »

don't tell me how to live my sex life.  i'll oggle shlong any damn way i please, and with whatever type of commentary i choose.

Lots of BBC schlong to ogle at the Wizards game last night.

It was my second and probably final Wizards game of the year last night. I got a ticket a couple days before, very cheap. Though I checked an hour before the game, and there were lots of tickets available for $1 plus fees on Stubhub. If you guys ever want to go to a cheap Wiz game with me, let me know. I'm a barrel full of fun at sporting events. You know, I'm  the guy who is cursing out the refs and mocking the European dudes (that's allowed if I am white, no?) from the 400 section.

Speaking of Europeans, the Kings featured the best Lithuanian player in the world (Sabonis) and the best Ukrainian player in the word (Len.) The latter also being Sweetcell's favorite player in the world. The Wizards featured the best Israeli player (Avdija), who is also NKOTB's least favorite player in the world. What an international game!

Because my wife and kid are Lithuanian, I almost talked them into going to see Sabonis. But my presence was enough for them to decide not to go. They get a little embarassed by my yelling at the refs. And by my red pants. And by my hat with both Biden and Trump on it that says I have TrumpBiden brain. Or is it BidenTrump brain? I really don't remember. Maybe Hutch can clear the fog for me. Anyway, at halftime I found out it was Lithuanian Heritage Night (it was also Literacy Night, wasn't that a paradox), and they had a wonderful group of traditionally dressed Lithuanian people doing a Lithuanian folk dance as the halftime entertainment. It looked like a scene from Borat. Boy was my wife sad she didn't go.

The Wizards played like hell (played like heaven? I'm not sure which works.) At any rate, they didn't play like the Wizards, and they actually beat the mighty Kings to raise their record to 12-58. That's not so good, but they are now a respectable 1-1 when I am in attendance. Best thing is they they didn't hit the 115 points needed for next day half price Papa John's pizza that my kid inexplicably is demanding, so instead we're having my cooking tonight.

I then dashed back to my car where i had found a great parking spot (parking really opens up in the city after 6:30). Surprisingly I wasn't beaten or raped (they are saving their fury for when Walky comes to town) on the awy to the car.  I was home before 10 to watch some March Madness (I picked the first two upsets (Oregon, Duquesne...I also had NC State and maybe Drake as upset winners) of the tournament even though I can't name a single college baller other than Bronny James.)

Next up for me is probably another Millenium Stage show featuring another over the hill 90's singer who will probably play all new stuff. Although if there's another Lithuanian folk dance ensemble, we are soooo there. They don't even charge service fees for those shows.

Blow, me, Joey

« Reply #5304 on: March 22, 2024, 09:03:15 am »
Stop, dead naming me.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5305 on: March 22, 2024, 09:15:52 am »
Lots of BBC schlong to ogle at the Wizards game last night.

It was my second and probably final Wizards game of the year last night. I got a ticket a couple days before, very cheap. Though I checked an hour before the game, and there were lots of tickets available for $1 plus fees on Stubhub. If you guys ever want to go to a cheap Wiz game with me, let me know. I'm a barrel full of fun at sporting events. You know, I'm  the guy who is cursing out the refs and mocking the European dudes (that's allowed if I am white, no?) from the 400 section.

Speaking of Europeans, the Kings featured the best Lithuanian player in the world (Sabonis) and the best Ukrainian player in the word (Len.) The latter also being Sweetcell's favorite player in the world. The Wizards featured the best Israeli player (Avdija), who is also NKOTB's least favorite player in the world. What an international game!

Because my wife and kid are Lithuanian, I almost talked them into going to see Sabonis. But my presence was enough for them to decide not to go. They get a little embarassed by my yelling at the refs. And by my red pants. And by my hat with both Biden and Trump on it that says I have TrumpBiden brain. Or is it BidenTrump brain? I really don't remember. Maybe Hutch can clear the fog for me. Anyway, at halftime I found out it was Lithuanian Heritage Night (it was also Literacy Night, wasn't that a paradox), and they had a wonderful group of traditionally dressed Lithuanian people doing a Lithuanian folk dance as the halftime entertainment. It looked like a scene from Borat. Boy was my wife sad she didn't go.

The Wizards played like hell (played like heaven? I'm not sure which works.) At any rate, they didn't play like the Wizards, and they actually beat the mighty Kings to raise their record to 12-58. That's not so good, but they are now a respectable 1-1 when I am in attendance. Best thing is they they didn't hit the 115 points needed for next day half price Papa John's pizza that my kid inexplicably is demanding, so instead we're having my cooking tonight.

I then dashed back to my car where i had found a great parking spot (parking really opens up in the city after 6:30). Surprisingly I wasn't beaten or raped (they are saving their fury for when Walky comes to town) on the awy to the car.  I was home before 10 to watch some March Madness (I picked the first two upsets (Oregon, Duquesne...I also had NC State and maybe Drake as upset winners) of the tournament even though I can't name a single college baller other than Bronny James.)

Next up for me is probably another Millenium Stage show featuring another over the hill 90's singer who will probably play all new stuff. Although if there's another Lithuanian folk dance ensemble, we are soooo there. They don't even charge service fees for those shows.
LVMH

Hutch

« Reply #5306 on: March 22, 2024, 11:04:50 am »
My grandmother was Lithuanian but I never met her….

You ever want to find out what real genocide - people seem to bandy this word around a lot lately-was like go check out the exhibit at the National Holocaust Museum about the Lithuanian town that was wiped off the map.

nkotb

« Reply #5307 on: March 22, 2024, 12:11:40 pm »
Man, that would fucking suck!  Glad Israel is doing nothing of the sort in Gaza!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2024/jan/30/how-war-destroyed-gazas-neighbourhoods-visual-investigation

My grandmother was Lithuanian but I never met her….

You ever want to find out what real genocide - people seem to bandy this word around a lot lately-was like go check out the exhibit at the National Holocaust Museum about the Lithuanian town that was wiped off the map.

Hutch

« Reply #5308 on: March 22, 2024, 12:41:15 pm »
With that criteria - destroyed neighborhoods- every war is genocide.

bearman🐻

« Reply #5309 on: March 25, 2024, 01:11:43 pm »
The Feelies show Friday in Philly was fantastic. Expect an acoustic set to begin, then they'll do the electric set and many encores. Also, don't be completely surprised if this is their last DC show. I think they take things very much month by month, but it's unclear how much longer they'll be doing shows. See this one if you can,and enjoy it. We're lucky their reunion has lasted as long as it has.