Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268871 times)

hutch

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #870 on: July 25, 2014, 11:21:07 am »
I haven't said this about a show in a while, but Beck was fucking AWESOME.

I kind of lost interest in those mid 2000's albums, but his showmanship and band is damn near perfect. Would see again and will most likely dig back into some of those albums I basically ignored.

+1

he has a heck of a band he's touring with..jason falkner..smokey hormel..etc....

I had not seen him since the 930 club in the late 90s...enjoyed this show so much more...
If I remember that show with him in the Yacht uniform...it was horrible, so not much to go up from.
I did catch the midnight V tour at the Pat Center and that was fun... 

well I think I +1'd that it was an awesome show!....but hey if you who weren't there last night want to pass judgement on the show be my guest... :) just switch Beck for Replacements and you got yourself a nice Atomicfronty-post...maybe you're auditioning for the newly open position!!!!!! :)

as far as the mid to late 90s show at the 930.. I thought it sucked..as you know...so it took me a while to see him again.... I think his new album is his best so far....which was another reason I was interested in this show.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #871 on: July 25, 2014, 11:26:16 am »
but hey if you who weren't there last night want to pass judgement on the show be my guest... :) just switch Beck for Replacements and you got yourself a nice Atomicfronty-post...maybe you're auditioning for the newly open position!!!!!! :)
Whoa, what? How did I miss this? Atomic reviewed a Replacements concert he did not, in fact, attend? Rhett, atomic stole your move!
LVMH

Vas Deferens

« Reply #872 on: July 25, 2014, 11:34:44 am »
how was Sean Lennon's band?
(_|_)

Yada

« Reply #873 on: July 25, 2014, 11:36:59 am »

I kind of lost interest in those mid 2000's albums, but his showmanship and band is damn near perfect. Would see again and will most likely dig back into some of those albums I basically ignored.

+1

he has a heck of a band he's touring with..jason falkner..smokey hormel..etc....

I had not seen him since the 930 club in the late 90s...enjoyed this show so much more...
If I remember that show with him in the Yacht uniform...it was horrible, so not much to go up from.

well I think I +1'd that it was an awesome show!....but hey if you who weren't there last night want to pass judgement on the show be my guest... :) just switch Beck for Replacements and you got yourself a nice Atomicfronty-post...maybe you're auditioning for the newly open position!!!!!! :)

as far as the mid to late 90s show at the 930.. I thought it sucked..as you know...so it took me a while to see him again.... I think his new album is his best so far....which was another reason I was interested in this show.

but he only played about 3 or 4 of those songs... which I think is a good thing. Love the Sea Change/Morning Phase tunes, but they should be played in a seated show at the Lincoln, not MPP!

DotTheEyes

« Reply #874 on: July 25, 2014, 01:56:43 pm »
I found Sean Lennon's band rather boring.  "Oh, I predict the next song will be a mid-tempo, meandering psychedelic pastiche."  His girlfriend/band-mate is cute, though.

I highly enjoyed Beck, though the people around me became rather rude during the run of Sea Change/Morning Glory songs, which was my most anticipated part of the show.  Lots of overly loud chat and bustling for beer.

Relaxer

« Reply #875 on: July 25, 2014, 02:58:25 pm »
The Fresh & Onlys were great last night. Solid loud rawk. The Shilohs had 3 good songs and about 7 boring ones.
oword

« Reply #876 on: July 27, 2014, 10:51:09 pm »

+1

I think that one left a mark.  For the record I didn't say a thing about his current tour with your 'nice Atomicfronty-post'
slack

hutch

« Reply #877 on: July 28, 2014, 12:06:22 am »
well depends on how you read "not much to go up from..." I suppose...

sorry if I misread it.. you seemed to be saying that even if it was better that wasn't saying much given how bad the 930 show was...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:13:20 am by hutch »

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #878 on: July 28, 2014, 08:00:47 am »
I enjoyed Sean Lennons band - short but solid set.  The new album is pretty damn good   That was their 2nd MPP show in a year as they opened for Flaming Lips/tame impala last year

K8teebug

« Reply #879 on: July 29, 2014, 03:28:17 pm »
Yup, but at Strathmore they were not selling very expensive VIP tickets.  It also took a good number of songs for it to happen at Strathmore.  Again, I'm not complaining, it worked for me and I don't believe shows should have seats unless it is jazz/classical.  I was just commenting.

people rushed to the front at the Strathmore and it was clear Cave encouraged it and wanted it.. he didn't want to play to a bunch of people sitting down, etc..

you are dead on correct... and though I did not say it .. I was aware of that different reality..

I think Nick Cave should rethink things a little....its not right to take money for VIP tickets and then have this take place..

anyways I could not be at the show last night... I'm sure it was wonderful..his show at the Strathmore is one of the best I have ever seen..

I cannot help but ad that DAR is a shit-pie venue and should be avoided at all costs unless you like to eat shit-pie sandwiches..

Really missed being at this show.  Glad it seems like you all enjoyed it.  I was in the 2nd row at Strathmore and was glad people came in to fill some space as it was kind of uncomfortable being there almost alone!

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #880 on: August 06, 2014, 11:49:48 pm »

Brahs?
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #881 on: August 07, 2014, 12:53:56 am »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #882 on: August 07, 2014, 08:30:58 am »
TIL: steal stuff from the 9:30 Club and return it for big, big prizes!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:53:19 am by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #883 on: August 07, 2014, 09:14:37 am »
TIL: steal stuff from the 9:30 Club and return it for big, big prizes!

I got some concert promo posters i took off the walls over the years....

willing to talk turkey.. price negotiable...serious inquiries only.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #884 on: August 07, 2014, 09:39:52 am »
im, going to steal, seth.  ooh, gurl.