Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268129 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #885 on: August 07, 2014, 09:57:49 am »
TIL: steal stuff from the 9:30 Club and return it for big, big prizes!

I got some concert promo posters i took off the walls over the years....

willing to talk turkey.. price negotiable...serious inquiries only.
It would be hysterical if they ban you because of this. FTR, I don't want that to happen, but no one could deny the hilarity of it.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #886 on: August 07, 2014, 11:46:08 am »

It would be hysterical if they ban you because of this. FTR, I don't want that to happen, but no one could deny the hilarity of it.

I don't get banned. I get people banned.

« Reply #887 on: August 07, 2014, 12:03:46 pm »

I don't get banned. I get people banned.
LVMH

Bags

« Reply #888 on: August 08, 2014, 03:56:13 pm »
The idea of a 57 year old balding man with dyed hair acting "lusty" just seems comical to me. And sort of gross.
When that man is Billy Zoom it is downright CREEPY.

Bags

« Reply #889 on: August 08, 2014, 04:02:37 pm »
I haven't said this about a show in a while, but Beck was fucking AWESOME.

I kind of lost interest in those mid 2000's albums, but his showmanship and band is damn near perfect. Would see again and will most likely dig back into some of those albums I basically ignored.
I heard the same thing from a friend who's not a fan particularly, but thought it was a show he should go to.  And he raved and raved, telling all his music buddies you need to see Beck at least once. 

dyecraig

« Reply #890 on: August 09, 2014, 08:40:03 am »

11x17 frames @ Walmart $4.00 each - looks very nice in mancave , guilty as well... 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 08:41:40 am by dyecraig »

dyecraig

« Reply #891 on: August 09, 2014, 09:04:47 am »
Anyone make the NIN/Soundgarden show @ the lube?
Wifey scored row A 100 center from work colleague so I was designated limo driver/shlub on the lawn.  Free upgrade to 200 section upon entry. Completely missed opener (would have made a better effort to experience Death Grips).  Soundgarden (not really my thing) sounded amazing and heavy - Chris Cornell apparently has not aged one day.  NIN was the most impressive and intense light show I have ever witnessed.  Was kind of waiting to see Lisa Fischer on BV's and Pino Palladino on bass (the Austin City Limits show, wow), but this was something else. Staff/security was surprisingly low key, but they were probably just tired from the Mayhem Fest the day before, crowd as well (and well-behaved). Little nightmare getting out, but home by 11:30 and I found a great shortcut from Warrenton, but that's for me only.

Oh, and I hope that everyone's cel videos were incredible and will be viewed again and again and cherished forever. 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #892 on: August 11, 2014, 04:38:46 pm »
I got a lawn ticket for $5.00, but got there too late for an upgrade.  Never seen NIN and was blown away.  Like you, I was impressed by Soundgarden, but never really liked them to begin with...and I missed the opener.

K8teebug

« Reply #893 on: August 13, 2014, 09:08:00 am »
Anyone make the NIN/Soundgarden show @ the lube?
Wifey scored row A 100 center from work colleague so I was designated limo driver/shlub on the lawn.  Free upgrade to 200 section upon entry. Completely missed opener (would have made a better effort to experience Death Grips).  Soundgarden (not really my thing) sounded amazing and heavy - Chris Cornell apparently has not aged one day.  NIN was the most impressive and intense light show I have ever witnessed.  Was kind of waiting to see Lisa Fischer on BV's and Pino Palladino on bass (the Austin City Limits show, wow), but this was something else. Staff/security was surprisingly low key, but they were probably just tired from the Mayhem Fest the day before, crowd as well (and well-behaved). Little nightmare getting out, but home by 11:30 and I found a great shortcut from Warrenton, but that's for me only.

Oh, and I hope that everyone's cel videos were incredible and will be viewed again and again and cherished forever. 

I am so over stupid people on their stupid phones at shows "recording" everything instead of just experiencing the music....ugh.

« Reply #894 on: August 13, 2014, 09:26:56 am »
Yeah, screw people whose priorities and way of enjoying their chosen forms of recreation deviate slightly from my own. Cell phone bastards.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #895 on: August 14, 2014, 12:34:25 pm »
Yeah, screw people whose priorities and way of enjoying their chosen forms of recreation deviate slightly from my own. Cell phone bastards.

the problem is that 1) those cell phones block others' views, and b) people filming on cell phones aren't there in the moment... band could be playing mind-blowing song but cell-phoners won't notice, they're too busy making sure the band is in frame.  no worries, they'll re-watch the concert later, with shitty sound quality, and enjoy the moment then (or not - seriously, how many people go back and watch all their shitty cell phone vids?).  sucks to be at a rockin' show, surrounded by cell-phone zombies.  but reason #1 is my biggest complaint.
<sig>

Stillwater

« Reply #896 on: August 14, 2014, 12:39:48 pm »
Agree with this whole page.

I have never been into NIN and am a moderate SG fan I guess.  We don't get many hsows down here so I went to the show in Virginia Beach.  NIN blew me away.  I still don't think I'll go put them on at the house, but the live show was outstanding.

Re: cell phones: yeah, it's stupid.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #897 on: August 14, 2014, 12:46:52 pm »
at the How to Destroy Angels show at the filmore, i had some asshole in front of me record the entire thing show on his phone basically. 

i am definitely guilty of recording some stuff at shows, but usually less than 20 secs

« Reply #898 on: August 14, 2014, 01:10:52 pm »
the problem is that 1) those cell phones block others' views,
They don't. Is your field of vision 16 square inches? Should people stop putting their hands up in the air because it might obstruct 2% of your visual spectrum? This is absurd to the point of being an absolute non-starter.

and b) people filming on cell phones aren't there in the moment... band could be playing mind-blowing song but cell-phoners won't notice, they're too busy making sure the band is in frame.  no worries, they'll re-watch the concert later, with shitty sound quality, and enjoy the moment then (or not - seriously, how many people go back and watch all their shitty cell phone vids?). 
This concerns you how? It's exactly what I said before:

screw people whose ... way of enjoying their chosen forms of recreation deviate slightly from my own

Whenever this community brings this up, its just the most elitest, talking down at people nonsense ever. You basically wrote a paragraph explaining why other people are worse fans than you because they're not watching the concert properly like you are. Think about that for a second. This is the concert intellectual equivalent of old white men telling African-American kids how to dress properly. It would be insulting if it wasn't so cloying.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #899 on: August 14, 2014, 01:34:21 pm »
Is your field of vision 16 square inches? Should people stop putting their hands up in the air because it might obstruct 2% of your visual spectrum? This is absurd to the point of being an absolute non-starter.

i can't discuss something with you if you're going to use moronic nonsense as your argument.  does it block my ENTIRE field of view?  of course not.  does it put several glowing squares, a foot to a few feet away from my face, between me and the band?  yes, and that shit's distracting.  to claim that several screens hovering in your line of sight isn't an unwanted annoyance is plain stupid.

Whenever this community brings this up, its just the most elitest, talking down at people nonsense ever.

like you should be telling people not to be elitist ;-)

it's not elitist to say that others are ruining the concert experience for me.  if i shove you out of the way and dance in your face while singing the song, badly, do you have a right to complain?  or are you being elitist because being a douche is how i choose to enjoy my shows, and if you're not into my anti-social behavior then it's your fault?  eff that.  get your fucking glowing screens out of my face.
<sig>