Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268668 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2850 on: January 07, 2018, 01:29:30 am »
Dream Syndicate and Chris Forsyth. Wow. That's how a first show of the year should be. Amazing.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2851 on: January 07, 2018, 11:26:49 am »
Dream Syndicate and Chris Forsyth. Wow. That's how a first show of the year should be. Amazing.

Really enjoyed this show too!
Ladies I was with So hated Forsyth..."Masturbatory" noodling was the complaint.

Kubacheck

« Reply #2852 on: January 07, 2018, 12:02:51 pm »
yep, Dream Syndicate/Forsythe was great!!!.... I've heard people slag the sound at the RnR Hotel, but last night's show sounded really good!!... funny coincidence is that I was thinking about it, and now that's 4 shows in a row for me where Chris Forsythe opened, the last 3 Luna shows of their November tour and this is my first show since then..... if anyone saw a guy set up right next to that big mirror on the right side guarding a mic stand all night, that was me.... :)

bearman🐻

« Reply #2853 on: January 07, 2018, 12:59:39 pm »
Totally agreed about the R'n'R sound. Thought it sounded great. Guitars were appropriately cranked, vocals sounded good...it was such a fun evening. Super nice guys and it was cool that they stuck around to hang out with everyone.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2854 on: January 07, 2018, 08:11:57 pm »
we were right at the soundboard, sound was great. saw your mic set up a few feet ahead. you sharing some FLAC?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2855 on: January 08, 2018, 07:39:55 am »
A friend said something similar about Chris Forsyth. Lol

“Be glad you are missing his set...”

thanks challenged for the ticket! :D

Really enjoyed this show too!
Ladies I was with So hated Forsyth..."Masturbatory" noodling was the complaint.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:10:13 am by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #2856 on: January 08, 2018, 08:48:56 am »
It was an enormously consensual show.

heff

« Reply #2857 on: January 08, 2018, 05:27:13 pm »
Ditto on the Dream Syndicate show.  Chris Forsyth was great.  I could have done without the yelper - he was annoying (hope that is no one on this board).

bearman🐻

« Reply #2858 on: January 08, 2018, 06:28:31 pm »
Ditto on the Dream Syndicate show.  Chris Forsyth was great.  I could have done without the yelper - he was annoying (hope that is no one on this board).

He was standing right in front of me. I couldn't figure out if maybe he had some sort of mental disability so I tried to be polite, but after observing him for a while I'm inclined to think he was just really, really inebriated. Thankfully he didn't stay in front of me the whole show. I found the yelping to be unbearable...and it was like watching a bald coyote humping the air. He didn't even face the stage, he stood sideways. The guy next to me told him to quit bumping into him. Definitely a creepy weirdo though. Really odd.

Kubacheck

« Reply #2859 on: January 08, 2018, 09:01:40 pm »
^ man, I'm glad that guy didn't stand by me, I don't remember anyone like that at all.....  which is a good thing....

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2860 on: January 08, 2018, 09:31:30 pm »

He was standing right in front of me. I couldn't figure out if maybe he had some sort of mental disability so I tried to be polite, but after observing him for a while I'm inclined to think he was just really, really inebriated. Thankfully he didn't stay in front of me the whole show. I found the yelping to be unbearable...and it was like watching a bald coyote humping the air. He didn't even face the stage, he stood sideways. The guy next to me told him to quit bumping into him. Definitely a creepy weirdo though. Really odd.

Was the yelper bald and dancing and fist-pumping?

bearman🐻

« Reply #2861 on: January 09, 2018, 10:18:33 am »

Like his life depended on it.

ggw

« Reply #2862 on: January 09, 2018, 11:36:49 am »
Coked-up Carl?

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2863 on: January 09, 2018, 12:46:13 pm »

Like his life depended on it.

Saw him dance into the venue....was happy he danced away towards the front...

Space Freely

« Reply #2864 on: January 12, 2018, 11:02:24 am »
Both Cracker and Camper exceeded my expectations. Mah wife even gave the thumbs up to each band, and she's a pretty harsh critic. Though she almost fell asleep on her feet during Cracker.

So glad I got to stand near Johnny Hickman during Cracker. What a showman! So glad I got the Franco mah wife a few times by the sound board during Camper.