Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1299714 times)

Starsky

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4680 on: October 28, 2022, 12:48:12 pm »
That’s good sweetcell

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4681 on: October 28, 2022, 12:56:03 pm »
Really great list, Sweets. I would also offer a parlay of your racist bet with him mentioning someone's weight or general size completely unrelated to the narrative at hand.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4682 on: October 28, 2022, 01:09:37 pm »
I was the oldest person at Beabadoobee on Wednesday. It was probably the first concert for at least half the crowd. They were so cute when they broke into a round of "Encore! Encore!" and "One More Song!" after the main set. And they were so pleased with themselves when it actually happened!

22 songs in maybe an hour and fifteen. Solid pop, enjoyable show. Lead singer had a Goo Goo Dolls shirt on for whatever reason.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 01:11:34 pm by grateful »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4683 on: October 28, 2022, 01:17:45 pm »
Really great list, Sweets. I would also offer a parlay of your racist bet with him mentioning someone's weight or general size completely unrelated to the narrative at hand.

excellent, i'll take it... <looks at odds of making all four> huh, bet $100 to win $105...
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4684 on: October 28, 2022, 01:22:40 pm »
I was the oldest person at Beabadoobee on Wednesday. It was probably the first concert for at least half the crowd. They were so cute when they broke into a round of "Encore! Encore!" and "One More Song!" after the main set. And they were so pleased with themselves when it actually happened!

22 songs in maybe an hour and fifteen. Solid pop, enjoyable show. Lead singer had a Goo Goo Dolls shirt on for whatever reason.

I saw her at Rock en Seine like two months ago and for going in blind — not terrible at all.
LVMH

Bagley

« Reply #4685 on: October 28, 2022, 02:27:34 pm »

I wanna say I got ya beat as to the oldest....highly enjoyable show!  Lotsa moshing going down.  I'd never seen the 9:30 staph pass out cups of water from the floor in front of the stage to the crowd.  Nice gesture. FWIW,  the guitar player wore a Social Distortion shirt and sounded like the Silversun guitar player at times.

The opener- Lowertown was great.

« Reply #4686 on: October 28, 2022, 03:44:51 pm »
  I'd never seen the 9:30 staph pass out cups of water from the floor in front of the stage to the crowd.  Nice gesture.
Odd...saw this same thing at the AWOLNation show between sets
the FSS staff was handing out at least 50 cups of water to the fans locked in the front
slack

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4687 on: October 28, 2022, 03:46:26 pm »
I went last night..pretty good setlist though didn't care for songs from WE but glad they did 6 from Funeral. Crown of Love was the biggest surprise.
Sound pretty much was meh. There is another stage in the middle (like the last tour) where they performed the encore and a couple of songs in the main set.
I'm glad I went but they are pretty much on the decline artistically with or without the controversy.

Quote from: Schulzenstein

link=topic=22716.msg541764#msg541764 date=1666965478
Would actually appreciate anyone's take on the show (tonight's as well). On the fence about going Saturday. Setlist from last night looked great and tickets for Sat are down to $7.
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4688 on: October 28, 2022, 03:52:28 pm »
nice review vas!
<sig>

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #4689 on: October 28, 2022, 07:37:02 pm »
Thanks. Also not a huge fan of WE. Everything Now has some baffling tracks. Definitely on the decline.

Would have loved to see Crown and In The Backseat played. Looks like they've been rotating in deeper cuts lately. Saw Black Wave/Bad Vibrations was played back in Sept.

I went last night..pretty good setlist though didn't care for songs from WE but glad they did 6 from Funeral. Crown of Love was the biggest surprise.
Sound pretty much was meh. There is another stage in the middle (like the last tour) where they performed the encore and a couple of songs in the main set.
I'm glad I went but they are pretty much on the decline artistically with or without the controversy.

Quote from: Schulzenstein

link=topic=22716.msg541764#msg541764 date=1666965478
Would actually appreciate anyone's take on the show (tonight's as well). On the fence about going Saturday. Setlist from last night looked great and tickets for Sat are down to $7.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4690 on: October 30, 2022, 07:30:57 am »
Mass confusion reigned as the opening band, Prior Pawns was 45 minutes late. The laptop running their light show ran out of juice 2 songs into their set. They performed with the ViewSonic logo behind them for a few songs until someone thought to turn off the projector. This was their 6th show ever.

Two songs into their set, the drummer for Kilynn Lunsford announced that he had punched a hole in his kick drum, and there wouldn't be any more bass beats. The singer asked repeatedly if that was going to be okay, but the band just started playing and the show went on.

Kilynn Lunsford's set was great. Dark, swirling distortion, psychedelic and liminal. 

I met azaghal for the first time, and mentioned the forum. He didn't seem wholly impressed.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4691 on: October 30, 2022, 06:43:11 pm »
He didn't seem wholly impressed.

you can end every azag story with that line.
<sig>

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #4692 on: October 30, 2022, 09:33:55 pm »
Billy Strings in Asheville 10/29.  It was the 1st of his 3 shows in Asheville and the theme was Lord of the Rings for Halloween.  This was the 2nd time I've seen him and this show blew away the show I saw in Baltimore earlier this year.  This show had a much stronger jam band feel than the Baltimore show.  Probably one of the best shows I've seen in a long long time.  They had an amazing flutist and a cello player in addition to the usual band.  The musicianship was stellar.  Crowd was great and probably half were dressed for Halloween and Lord of the Rings theme.  Was thinking of selling my Anthem tickets in November, but after this show, I will definitely be going.

azaghal1981

« Reply #4693 on: October 31, 2022, 09:08:48 am »
Oh hey great meeting you/congrats on coaxing me out of lurker mode.
To clarify, he meant that I was unimpressed with the forum, not the show (which I booked). But seriously, I do appreciate you coming out! I was a little worried about attendance given all the conflicting shows that night but Kilynn and her band seemed happy when they left. The name of the first band is Past Pawn, btw. They were initially supposed to go on last but were the first local to show up so I gave them the choice to go on first which they took. Fun times in DIY booking land!
OK, back to not posting for a few more years.

Mass confusion reigned as the opening band, Prior Pawns was 45 minutes late. The laptop running their light show ran out of juice 2 songs into their set. They performed with the ViewSonic logo behind them for a few songs until someone thought to turn off the projector. This was their 6th show ever.

Two songs into their set, the drummer for Kilynn Lunsford announced that he had punched a hole in his kick drum, and there wouldn't be any more bass beats. The singer asked repeatedly if that was going to be okay, but the band just started playing and the show went on.

Kilynn Lunsford's set was great. Dark, swirling distortion, psychedelic and liminal. 

I met azaghal for the first time, and mentioned the forum. He didn't seem wholly impressed.
احمد

« Reply #4694 on: October 31, 2022, 09:12:21 am »
Whoa....legend returns! 
See you in 2028
slack