Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1851211 times)

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #5565 on: September 23, 2024, 02:18:27 pm »
I wonder if Yada made it!
I know challenged did
slack

hutch

« Reply #5566 on: September 23, 2024, 03:30:25 pm »
Nice

Space Freely

« Reply #5567 on: September 26, 2024, 11:00:11 am »
Really enjoyed the Phosphorescent show at the Club. Not too crowded and I was able to be near the front.

The last time they played the club, the singer's wife was on keyboards. This time she stayed home to take car of the kid(s) and was replaced by a very long haired guy with bad tats and a cowboy hat. But once that hat same off, bro had some of the best hair whipping skills I've ever witnessed by a keyboard player.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5568 on: September 26, 2024, 11:30:40 am »
Manchester Orchestra when they first started out had a keyboard player that absolutely looked like he was having a seizure when playing. It was wildly entertaining.
LVMH

nkotb

« Reply #5569 on: September 26, 2024, 12:14:55 pm »
Marky Ramone show was a lot of fun.  Got there later than I wanted to (wanted to watch latest English Teacher with my wife, but also we had early stumbled onto a protest of Tim Kaine's fundraiser at Port City lol), so I only caught a little of Dot Dash.  Never really paid much attention to them, but they were a good opener.

Look, I realize it was a gloried cover band, but when else am I ever going to hear like 40-ish Ramones songs played over the course of like 90 minutes?  He was backed (fronted? I don't know the etiquette when the drummer is the only real member) by a Joey Ramone cosplayer, a guitarist with an awful butt-rock haircut and a bass player that looked like a thumb.  Still, super fun time.  Kids next to me were probably not even born the last time I saw the actual band.

Space Freely

« Reply #5570 on: September 26, 2024, 12:46:13 pm »
Manchester Orchestra when they first started out had a keyboard player that absolutely looked like he was having a seizure when playing. It was wildly entertaining.

Was it this guy?

Bagley

« Reply #5571 on: September 26, 2024, 02:19:38 pm »
Etran de L'Air
Current Space
Bmore
Tuesday 9/24

From Niger in the Sahara, came mesmerizing Tuareg guitar rhythms and staccato drum beats swirling through the cool night air.  Their sound was infectious and kept the multi-aged crowd dancing the night away.  My friend who'd been to Agadez was transported back immediately.  He aptly described the music as trance inducing.  Supposedly they're known to jam for four to six hours at weddings back home in Africa.   Current Space (affiliated with Ottobar) is a neat intimate venue. What a treat!

« Last Edit: September 26, 2024, 02:22:16 pm by Bagley »

nkotb

« Reply #5572 on: September 26, 2024, 03:03:05 pm »
Bagley, you're post reminded me...how'd you like the dB's show? 

i'll admit I'm only really familiar with Stands for Decibels. I'm sure i've heard Repercussion before but not enough to really know many of the songs outside of Amplifier and Ask for Jill probably.  I don't think I had listened to any of the stuff beyond that ever.

Overall, I had a blast...they sounded great I thought and seemed really happy to be playing.  Only caught a bit of the The Mayflies USA, who I hadn't ever listened to.  Really enjoyed them, but I think they'll fall into the "sounds great but I never check out again" category.

Sorry to have missed your message before the show!  We'll catch up next time

Bagley

« Reply #5573 on: September 26, 2024, 05:56:13 pm »
^
Well, it was my first time attending a non-sold out show at the Atlantis.  What a pleasure!  So intimate and comfortable; and somewhat reminiscent of the original 9:30 where I'm sure I witnesses the DBs in their heyday. Basically I was there for Amplifier.  I thought the show started out slow and picked up about midway with Jill.  Lonely Is was pretty.  Overall,  Stamey's guitar work sounded good and there was some nice keyboard work towards the end of the set.  Holsapple seemed happy to be up there...got my jangle on so I was happy.
And yes,  sorry to miss you NKOTB.