Author Topic: Robert Griffin III  (Read 80345 times)

hutch

Re: Robert Griffin III
« Reply #225 on: September 10, 2013, 10:31:36 am »
Terrible, terrible defensive and offensive effort. I'll side with being the guinea pigs for the insane Chip Kelly offense. You can't prepare yourself for 50 plays in a half. You also can't defend 50 plays a half when you only have 3 fucking first downs in that very same half.

RG3 doesn't throw picks, Alf doesn't fumble the ball, and Cobra Kai doesn't missed field goals, and all those things happened last night! They did come back to make it interesting at the end, but the effort was too little too late. It's just 1 week and they got jabbed right in the mouth. Interesting to see how they'll play against the Packers.... Mike Vick was able to exploit the rookie secondary with speed and quick decision making, Aaron Rodgers could destroy us if we don't get our shit together.

i think throwing RG3 out there with no preseason snaps after the injury he's coming back from.. on Monday Night Football no less... is pretty unconscionable.. he doesn't have to make excuses but i will for him

i also think the second half performance can't really be taken seriously becuase the eagles knew they were so ahead they could take their foot of the gas..

whats more interesting- by far- is the Chip Kelly offense..american football it is a very adaptable sport... it really changes year after year.... i can't think of any other sport that changes so much as american football....

Yada

« Reply #226 on: September 10, 2013, 10:36:53 am »
some of the worst football i've seen in a while.

I take it you didn't watch the Steelers on Sunday.

shemptiness

« Reply #227 on: September 10, 2013, 11:03:20 am »
They did have the entire off season to watch film of the Ducks offense.

And I don't think you can take a chance by trotting Griffin out there in a meaningless exhibition game.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #228 on: September 10, 2013, 12:33:31 pm »

good point.  that was brutal too, and i did indeed not watch it (i was following NO/ATL).  

smackie hasn't mentioned anything about that game.  strange.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #229 on: September 10, 2013, 01:00:34 pm »
smackie hasn't mentioned anything about that game.  strange.

Do you want to know what color my vomit was?

It's all about the Pirates...
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #230 on: September 10, 2013, 01:15:56 pm »

or the giants

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #231 on: September 10, 2013, 03:49:00 pm »
They did have the entire off season to watch film of the Ducks offense.

And I don't think you can take a chance by trotting Griffin out there in a meaningless exhibition game.
Some of the guys in the locker room said that what they saw on the field was a lot faster than the film they got on Oregon. Chip Kelly also said that he thought they ran their offense slower than he wanted.

I'll say the Eagles took their foot off the gas, but can their team maintain that speed through the whole game? That's insane. 50 plays in the first half!? They were averaging 75 plays in the preseason. So ridiculous. Thank god we only have to play them one more time.... Can't wait to see them run all over he rest of the division.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #232 on: September 10, 2013, 04:19:30 pm »
Some of the guys in the locker room said that what they saw on the field was a lot faster than the film they got on Oregon. Chip Kelly also said that he thought they ran their offense slower than he wanted.

This what every team that played Oregon said after playing them.

And that's what Chip Kelly said after every game Oregon played.

I'll say the Eagles took their foot off the gas, but can their team maintain that speed through the whole game? That's insane. 50 plays in the first half!? They were averaging 75 plays in the preseason. So ridiculous.

This is what every pundit said after Oregon was 4-0 or 5-0, and they were right, Oregon, sure as shit, would lose one dumb game. 

But Chip doesn't have to worry about that anymore - he doesn't have to run the table because of the playoff system.  If they get a bye week the first week of the NFL Playoffs, look the hell out.   
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #233 on: September 10, 2013, 04:55:11 pm »
It's 1 game against a week secondary and an incredibly unprepared defense... I wouldn't put them in the playoff picture just yet. Especially with the insane parody in the NFL.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #234 on: September 10, 2013, 05:35:41 pm »
It's 1 game against a week secondary and an incredibly unprepared defense... I wouldn't put them in the playoff picture just yet. Especially with the insane parody in the NFL.

That's what every pundit said about Oregon and the BCS, too.
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #235 on: September 11, 2013, 10:06:32 am »
Well, it's a different level of football and a completely new team working the system. We'll see if Vick can stay healthy through the season. He was getting some good licks after he got rid of the ball.
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #236 on: September 11, 2013, 02:45:40 pm »
i actually got to watch a game . . . all i cared about.  get rid of cable for a few years, where watching football becomes an effort usually not worth.  you will appreciate the game so much more.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #237 on: September 11, 2013, 03:36:03 pm »
All I watch is sports and Breaking Bad on TV. I hate a lot of what's on TV. If it wasn't for sports I probably wouldn't even have satellite.
‼‼?‼‼

shemptiness

« Reply #238 on: September 15, 2013, 09:32:57 pm »
Outscored 50-7 in the 1st half of 2 games?  And that 7 was questionable.

stevewizzle

« Reply #239 on: September 16, 2013, 08:13:06 am »
All I watch is sports and Breaking Bad on TV. I hate a lot of what's on TV. If it wasn't for sports I probably wouldn't even have satellite.

you've had an emotional two sundays in a row, then.