Author Topic: SUPER BOWL  (Read 38401 times)

Relaxer

Re: SUPER BOWL
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2019, 10:46:01 am »
I had children over for my now-annual Superbowl party, so while indeed, I did smoke superbowls earlier in the day, I did not during the game so as not to influence the children. I did, however, have a bowl of weed gummies that I put on the top shelf in the TV room and the adults helped theyselves
oword

hutch

« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2019, 10:51:52 am »
I love following sports but setting aside four hours to watch a game is beyond me....it has been at least a decade since I watched an entire American football game....I don’t know if American football even meets the definition of sport as trying to intentionally hurt people does not seem sporting....

Frankly there are no more arguments to be made in favor of the NFL now that it’s proven playing the game has such negative consequences for health not to mention the collusion among owners to keep Kap out

Maybe some day Americans will wake up and abandon the game

« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2019, 11:07:12 am »
with confidence I can say that will never happen
it's more likely Trump will serve a 3rd term than Americans will stop loving American Football
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 11:10:10 am by IsAnOption ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2019, 11:12:37 am »
I love following sports but setting aside four hours to watch a game is beyond me....it has been at least a decade since I watched an entire American football game....I don’t know if American football even meets the definition of sport as trying to intentionally hurt people does not seem sporting....

Frankly there are no more arguments to be made in favor of the NFL now that it’s proven playing the game has such negative consequences for health not to mention the collusion among owners to keep Kap out

I used to think like that. I didn't watch a single game of football between something like the 1986 Super Bowl and a few years ago. Probably 25 football free years. But my wife started insisting on needing to have the Big Game on so she can watch the commercials. So I said fuck it. It's only four hours of the year since I literally only watch the Big Game. So I settled in and watched this year, and the game was boring as fuck. And at about 8pm my wife got bored with the commercials and started frantically cleaning the house and insisting on what a lazy fuck I was for just sitting on the couch watching football for four hours in a year and not joining her in the cleaning. Of course truth be told I watched basketball on Saturday night for a couple of hours as well though those were the first two sporting events I've watched in 2019.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 11:15:11 am by Space Freely »

« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2019, 11:24:26 am »
Ok fellas...how much avg time do you spend ANNUALLY on watching/attending sporting 'things'

based on what people have said here...avg is 400+ hours a year for a bunch of you

you should include time spent reading box scores and watching ESPN like recaps/draft picks and 'fantasy' type things

also, I think sporting is not comparable to Arts like musical entertainment
You can feel free to eviscerate this comment

sporting events rarely have more than a few minutes of shelf life...where as music lasts generations

slack

Space Freely

« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2019, 11:38:11 am »
Ok fellas...how much avg time do you spend ANNUALLY on watching/attending sporting 'things'

based on what people have said here...avg is 400+ hours a year for a bunch of you

you should include time spent reading box scores and watching ESPN like recaps/draft picks and 'fantasy' type things

sporting events rarely have more than a few minutes of shelf life...where as music lasts generations

I probably spend 300+ hours per year watching movies and another 100+ watching tv shows, so it would be hypocritical of me to criticize people who spend 400+ hours a year on sports or 400+ hours a year on live music. It's all mindless entertainment that doesn't make us better people.

ggw

« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2019, 11:42:46 am »
There is no collusion. Each owner is independently aware of the fact that Colin K. is locker room poison who will co-opt your team for his personal promotion. He'll never play again. Thankfully.

« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2019, 11:44:00 am »
It's all mindless entertainment that doesn't make us better people.
personally I call bullshit on that
Joe strummer has taught me more about life that Joe Namath ever could
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2019, 11:45:19 am »
personally I call bullshit on that
Joe strummer has taught me more about life that Joe Namath ever could

Uh, yeah. Whatever. Sheep. Joe Strummer was a middle class phony.

Space Freely

« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2019, 11:46:40 am »
There is no collusion. Each owner is independently aware of the fact that Colin K. is locker room poison who will co-opt your team for his personal promotion. He'll never play again. Thankfully.

His record as a started was 28-30. Not HOF material, but certainly not terrible.

vansmack

« Reply #115 on: February 05, 2019, 03:52:15 pm »

My wife put you up to this? 

Fuck you sidehatch, I thought we were friends.

I plead the 5th.
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2019, 03:56:58 pm »
Its hard to take seriously someone advocating how all hobbies aside from listening to music are inferior while at the same time citing Joe Strummer as their prime example. The Clash fucking suck.

There was definitely a time in my life I spent 400+ hours a year watching sports but that's in the rearview.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #117 on: February 05, 2019, 04:06:37 pm »
We need a new name for this thread.....Hyperbole much?  Got your goat yet?

Impressive that it was all in one day....

also, you should should use a water pipe instead

maybe some day Americans will wake up and abandon the game

Joe Strummer was a middle class phony.

The Clash fucking suck.
27>34

« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2019, 04:19:17 pm »
Its hard to take seriously someone advocating how all hobbies aside from listening to music are inferior
actually never said that...
but one could easily infer that I think listening to Music>watching sports
slack

hutch

« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2019, 04:21:02 pm »
Well my comment about American Football is probably wishful thinking but you never know....Donald Trump is President and Bill Cosby is in jail...I also don’t see many people letting their kids play the game....in my circle of acquaintances I only know two people with young kids that play... Tom Brady’s dad famously said many years ago that knowing now what he didn’t know then he would not have let Tom Brady play at the time he did