Author Topic: The Video Game Thread  (Read 26062 times)

vansmack

Re: The Video Game Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2008, 06:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  come on. . course eminence front is wicked 'tarded. . .but. . .it's so 80s.  i can see crockett walking on the beach with the girl in the distance waiting for him under a setting miami sun.  the camera cuts to tubbs in an apartment looking forlorn when a girl comes behind him and hands him a michelob before sitting on his lap.
I remember that scene, but I'm pretty sure it was a Phil Collins song in the back ground.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2008, 06:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo:

and the sony bs detector really goes off when they declare 2008 as the year of the ps3 and then announce the release of 130 new titles for the ps2...
And the year of the set-top box argument with D/L content had me chuckling too...
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2008, 12:47:00 pm »
One feature that I missed from Monday's Xbox 360 announcement:

</font>
  • <font size="2" face="Arial, Veranda">The ability to copy games to your hard drive so that the loading times will be faster and the disc will not make any noise when spinning, however the disc must remain in the drive to verify that you own the game</font></li>
<font size="2" face="Arial, Veranda">
27>34

Chulahoma

« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2008, 12:55:00 pm »
not gonna lie, i was happy to hear that bungie announced that they are going to make a new halo!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2008, 03:04:00 pm »
Sony really must be run by a bunch of idiots... It's being conjectured that come September the new 80GB PS3 will be the only one on the market and it will not have any backwards compatibility to the PS2.

So they went from having a PS3 model with PS2 HW built in for compatibility, to a PS3 model with PS2 compatibility provided via software emulation which doesn't support all the titles on the market.  And after this they expect PS2 owners to still upgrade... I'm willing to bet the  value of a used first generation PS3 just went up.  

They really ought to just call it a DVDstation and be done with it...
T.Rex

ratioci nation

« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2008, 03:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo:
  Sony really must be run by a bunch of idiots... It's being conjectured that come September the new 80GB PS3 will be the only one on the market and it will not have any backwards compatibility to the PS2.

So they went from having a PS3 model with PS2 HW built in for compatibility, to a PS3 model with PS2 compatibility provided via software emulation which doesn't support all the titles on the market.  And after this they expect PS2 owners to still upgrade... I'm willing to bet the  value of a used first generation PS3 just went up.  

They really ought to just call it a DVDstation and be done with it...
you can get a used PS2 pretty cheap

vansmack

« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2008, 01:25:00 pm »
Wii Fit tells 10 year old she's fat

...The stepfather of the girl, who didn't want to be named for her sake, said, "She is a perfectly healthy, 4-feet-9-inch-tall 10-year-old who swims, dances, and weighs only six stone. She is solidly built but not fat. She was devastated to be called fat and we had to work hard to convince her she isn't."

------

The proper answer is she's not fat, BMI just doesn't take into acount that awkward 6X size in little girls, which I thought was just an American thing.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2008, 01:28:00 pm »
my ps3 arrives on thursday, the voices inside my head are eagerly awaiting it's arrival...
T.Rex

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2008, 01:43:00 pm »
i just started with wii fit last night and so far i like it a lot. the balance games are fun and the yoga is interesting too...granted i've never actually been to a yoga class...
nothx

vansmack

« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2008, 01:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:
  i just started with wii fit last night and so far i like it a lot. the balance games are fun and the yoga is interesting too...granted i've never actually been to a yoga class...
But did it call you fat?
27>34

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2008, 01:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by miss pretentious:
But did it call you fat? [/b]
lol no. i'm almost there though. i rated a lot better than i expected - i was fully expecting it to call me a fatty.

my wii fit age is 22 too, which also surprised me.
nothx

Got Haggis?

« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2008, 01:57:00 pm »
they released some footage from Comi-Con from the game I'm working on.  Check it out here:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37589.html

vansmack

« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2008, 01:58:00 pm »
Wii Fit told me I was a 13 year old girl.
27>34

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2008, 02:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  Wii Fit told me I was a 13 year old girl.
Just a shot in the dark here, but: you wanna maybe do something sometime?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2008, 02:12:00 pm »
wii fit told me i was 130lbs and was a wiifit age of 50

i have not revisited it yet
o/\o