Author Topic: Gastronomical Banter  (Read 466878 times)

Yada

Re: Gastronomical Banter
« Reply #270 on: October 22, 2013, 09:59:06 am »
We went to Alewife the night before the Baltimore Marathon. Good eats and great draft list.

Though I bet you want something closer and more fancypants.

Good eats in Bawlmore, near Ram's Head?

Who's got em?

Good eats =/= fancy pants.

And one mile is close enough.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:01:15 am by Yada »

K8teebug

« Reply #271 on: October 22, 2013, 10:07:52 am »
Near Ram's Head, head over to Harbor East.  chingale, pazo, lebanese taverna...lots of choices.

Nigel Tufnel

« Reply #272 on: October 22, 2013, 10:21:52 am »

Who's got em?

Joe Squared Pizza is basically right next door to Rams Head, and they're not bad.

Hersh's has better pizza and a pretty good beer list, but they might be just outside of the 1 mile radius.  There's free street parking at Hersh's if you can find a spot.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:25:28 am by Nigel Tufnel »

Yada

« Reply #273 on: October 22, 2013, 10:28:58 am »
thanks folks!

James Ford

« Reply #274 on: October 22, 2013, 10:53:47 am »
It's near Lexington Market, so in an area that Walky might fear getting shot in. For the record, we didn't get shot, so that makes it safe.

We went to Alewife the night before the Baltimore Marathon. Good eats and great draft list.

Though I bet you want something closer and more fancypants.

Who's got em?

Good eats =/= fancy pants.

And one mile is close enough.

atomic

« Reply #275 on: October 22, 2013, 11:00:57 am »
I went to The Thames Street Oyster House (Fells Point) on Friday for lunch.  They have 15 different types of Oysters on the Raw Bar.  I picked 3 types to eat which were all tasty.  Had a pretty good Mahi Sandwich with cucumber salad.  Dessert wasn't the best.  Decent beer selection

atomic

« Reply #276 on: October 22, 2013, 11:02:34 am »
Near Ram's Head, head over to Harbor East.  chingale, pazo, lebanese taverna...lots of choices.

I spent 260 bucks for dinner for 2 at Cinghale the last time I went so I doubt that is a choice for pre-gaming Rams Head. Good food though. 

K8teebug

« Reply #277 on: October 22, 2013, 02:14:06 pm »
I went to The Thames Street Oyster House (Fells Point) on Friday for lunch.  They have 15 different types of Oysters on the Raw Bar.  I picked 3 types to eat which were all tasty.  Had a pretty good Mahi Sandwich with cucumber salad.  Dessert wasn't the best.  Decent beer selection

They also have a kick ass lobster bisque when it's on the menu.

Chingale doesn't have to cost that much!

Yada

« Reply #278 on: October 22, 2013, 02:26:56 pm »

Yeah, looks like atomic went out like a baller at Chingale, definitely looks affordable and delicious.

atomic

« Reply #279 on: October 22, 2013, 02:33:10 pm »

Yeah, looks like atomic went out like a baller at Chingale, definitely looks affordable and delicious.

Well the 4 course Dinner menu is 62 a person.  Then I got a 60 dollar bottle of wine and then I still was thirsty and I let the waiter recommend a glass of wine which was probably a msitake.  With tip  and tax 260.  And I would like to mention that 60 dollars is one of their cheaper bottles  of wine.   You would have to pay at least 45 bucks for a bottle of wine.  That would still set you back 217 dollars with 20 percent tip. 

K8teebug

« Reply #280 on: October 22, 2013, 02:48:00 pm »
Casunsei
-
Sausage
Filled Pasta
Parmigiano, Butter, Sage

That's all you need to eat there.  it's so delicious.

And you can always get a glass of wine and have more drinks other places.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #281 on: October 22, 2013, 04:57:34 pm »
or you can eat so many chicken mgnuggets . . . you actually throw up.  like me.  hot mustard comes back out the best, as throw up.

Yada

« Reply #282 on: November 15, 2013, 11:57:06 am »
Birch and Barley... what a great restaurant.

It's nice to see a restaurant in the city still serving great food multiple years after it opened. I had an amazing dinner there last night, decent beer as well!

stevewizzle

« Reply #283 on: November 15, 2013, 01:00:47 pm »
Birch and Barley... what a great restaurant.

It's nice to see a restaurant in the city still serving great food multiple years after it opened. I had an amazing dinner there last night, decent beer as well!

was just reminiscing about how good their brunch is, as well. 

for dinner, i once went there and sat way back at the kitchen bar, and the chefs just kept putting food samples in front of us. it was fantastic, when it came to actually ordering, all we could do was split a flat bread.  dinner and drinks ended up being like $30 for two of us.

Yada

« Reply #284 on: November 20, 2013, 04:58:41 pm »
Has anyone been to the Satellite Room yet by the club?

Should I expect it to be an absolute mob scene prior to a show?