Author Topic: Gastronomical Banter  (Read 457685 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Gastronomical Banter
« Reply #390 on: April 22, 2014, 01:57:10 pm »
Chipotle doesn't sell red herring, but you apparently do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator
i just created a 750 calorie veggie burrito sans cheese, sour cream, and guacamole, of which an actual consumer would get at least one of if not two or three (which pushes it to 1150).

A mcdonalds Big Mac is around 550-600 calories I believe, and could be less if you leave cheese off or neglect to eat the bun -- options which only exist in the same bizarro world where someone leaves cheese and sour cream off their burrito to get it down to a "healthy," "slender" 750 calories.

There is no way Chipotle is a healthier option than a salad, baked potato, normal sized cheese burger, or normal taco at Taco Bell.
LVMH

« Reply #391 on: April 22, 2014, 01:58:12 pm »
Chipotle is some of the highest fat, highest calorie fast food out there. Their veggie burrito is like 1000 calories. I don't do fast food aside from the occasional veggie sub, but someone eating the relatively healthiest options at the other fast good places you listed had to be much better off then someone eating chipotle daily.

The meal I get at chipotle has 530 calories.

If you don't load it up with unhealthy items like a fat ass, it's actually quite healthy.
What are you getting at 530? I'm asking seriously? Are you leaving the tortilla off??
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #392 on: April 22, 2014, 01:59:36 pm »
Chipotle is some of the highest fat, highest calorie fast food out there. Their veggie burrito is like 1000 calories. I don't do fast food aside from the occasional veggie sub, but someone eating the relatively healthiest options at the other fast good places you listed had to be much better off then someone eating chipotle daily.

The meal I get at chipotle has 530 calories.

If you don't load it up with unhealthy items like a fat ass, it's actually quite healthy.
What are you getting at 530? I'm asking seriously? Are you leaving the tortilla off??

Chicken Burrito Bowl with...

Black Beans
White Rice
Fajita Veggies
Tomato Salsa
Lettuce

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #393 on: April 22, 2014, 02:04:48 pm »

i just created a 750 calorie veggie burrito sans cheese, sour cream, and guacamole, of which an actual consumer would get at least one of if not two or three (which pushes it to 1150).

A mcdonalds Big Mac is around 550-600 calories I believe, and could be less if you leave cheese off or neglect to eat the bun -- options which only exist in the same bizarro world where someone leaves cheese and sour cream off their burrito to get it down to a "healthy," "slender" 750 calories.

There is no way Chipotle is a healthier option than a salad, baked potato, normal sized cheese burger, or normal taco at Taco Bell.

The problem is that you're only focusing on calories, not the quality of the food.  You can eat 530 calories of pink slime or 750 in a Chipotle bowl.  Which is healthier?  What if you factor in daily exercise?

« Reply #394 on: April 22, 2014, 02:09:56 pm »
I think you're trading one set of health concerns for another. Of course I'll give you Chipotle is "higher quality" food but a 800-1500 calorie burrito for lunch doesn't constitute a good idea no matter how high-quality the food is.

Yes, exercise is a great idea. Exercise + a sandwich or salad for lunch instead of a huge burrito is an even better idea, that's all I'm getting at.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #395 on: April 22, 2014, 02:19:45 pm »
It's all a matter of scale, I guess.  I run 5x per week, and burn 1,000 - 3,000 calories each time.  I'm better off eating high quality food until I'm satisfied.  I also understand that not everybody is in the same situation.

K8teebug

« Reply #396 on: April 22, 2014, 03:54:15 pm »
pink slime is gross.

K8teebug

« Reply #397 on: April 22, 2014, 03:55:16 pm »
I will eat 300 more calories at Chipotle before I will go to Taco Bell and eat their "just add water" food.  but I also run a TON.

James Ford

« Reply #398 on: April 22, 2014, 04:07:38 pm »
What's the calorie count on half of a falafel wrap from Roti Grill? (a whole one is far too filling).

Until I fucked up my back, calories didn't really matter because I just ran them off.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #399 on: April 22, 2014, 04:09:39 pm »

Yada

« Reply #400 on: April 22, 2014, 04:10:24 pm »
What's the calorie count on half of a falafel wrap from Roti Grill? (a whole one is far too filling).

Until I fucked up my back, calories didn't really matter because I just ran them off.

better downsize your beer consumption to 3oz a night!

James Ford

« Reply #401 on: April 22, 2014, 04:20:13 pm »
I'm thinking gose, at half the ABV/calories, is going to be my go to style instead of DIPA.

Just got a sixer of Off Color Troublesome (one of the brewers is the former barrel guy at Goose Island), which may be the only gose/berlinerweisse to come in a six pack (?). If it's good, I hope they continue to ship to our market and this wasn't just a one off.

better downsize your beer consumption to 3oz a night!

James Ford

« Reply #402 on: April 22, 2014, 04:22:03 pm »
So yeah, it's a good thing I bring homemade leftovers for lunch each day.

http://roti.com/nutrition-calc

atomic

« Reply #403 on: April 22, 2014, 04:59:35 pm »

There is an insane amount of salt in Taco Bell food.  I would never eat it.  At least Chipotle tastes good.  I don't put cheese or sour cream on my chipotle burrito but I realize it is not the healthiest option.  750 calories isn't that much if you have a light breakfeast. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 05:02:48 pm by atomic »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #404 on: April 22, 2014, 05:03:37 pm »

If you must know, I avoid dairy-based ingredients, and get guac instead of beans.  5'11", 158 lbs.