Author Topic: Comic Books, Slacks, Herpes, and Parenting Advice  (Read 61534 times)

James Ford

Re: Comic Books, Slacks, Herpes, and Parenting Advice
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2014, 04:42:58 pm »
Very well stated. i'm not sure were in any kind of disagreement at this point...so let's carry on!

I believe both sexes are capable of good/evil, love/indifference, etc.
Just because I'm a man, I don't try to disregard anyone's feelings (man or woman).

My point is, neither sex has a monopoly on specific emotions or behavior.
Applying generalizations to supposed gender traits does more harm than good to childrearing and society.
Since my daughter was born a little over a year ago I never want to leave her for work. Everybody expected me to never change diapers, clean up messes, etc. It turns out I'm the exact opposite and want to be with her as much as possible. I look forward to the end of the work day just so we can play. My wife and I argue over who puts her to bed.

I think it sucks that any parent (man, woman, gay, lesbian, trans.) that wants to nurture, care, and love their child can't do it.
To me the desire (with a modicum of intelligence) is greater than the capability to child rear.

I bet you're  a man. You're probably used to disregarding a woman's feelings.

She basically said that as a mom, she feels sad for other new moms who are forced (often reluctantly, I mean what mom wouldn't have misgivings about that...I know you're a man but try having some empathy) to put their newborns in daycare and march straight back to the office after three months of likely intense bonding with their baby....

So four bad apples make any argument a woman who is a mom makes regarding motherhood complete and utter bullshit?

Yes, a woman that justifies their criticism of another's parenting by saying they have popped out a baby is full of complete and utter bullshit.

shemptiness

« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2014, 07:44:43 pm »
I just thought it was stupid to talk about how many people you've slept with on a message board. Especially in the same thread where I and others are talking about parenting, a topic that actually matters (to me).

My wife is well aware of how many sexual partners I've had. She wishes is was less.

I think Mrs James Ford saw her husbands posts and made him delete them.

No matter the topic or the response you are always able to somehow compliment yourself when all is said and done.  Bravo, I say!

James Ford

« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2014, 08:00:14 pm »
What? I don't understand what you are saying, and like everyone else, don't care.

I just thought it was stupid to talk about how many people you've slept with on a message board. Especially in the same thread where I and others are talking about parenting, a topic that actually matters (to me).

My wife is well aware of how many sexual partners I've had. She wishes is was less.

No matter the topic or the response you are always able to somehow compliment yourself when all is said and done.  Bravo, I say!

shemptiness

« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2014, 10:11:29 pm »
You don't understand that saying your wife wishes you had had fewer partners is actually you bragging about how many you have had? 

And who voted you the spokesperson for everyone else? 

James Ford

« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2014, 10:19:19 pm »
Who says having a high number is bragging? To me, it implies and inability to form significant and lasting relationships. I would imagine that's what my wife thinks as well.

And no, I'm not a spokesman for everyone, I can only say I don't care about the sexual experiences of strangers on this board, so can only imagine no one would care about mine, or atomic's, or whoever.

You don't understand that saying your wife wishes you had had fewer partners is actually you bragging about how many you have had? 

And who voted you the spokesperson for everyone else? 

atomic

« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2014, 12:59:09 am »

Come on I think more people would like to hear you brag about how you had a lot of sexual partners than to hear how you are a better parent than them.  Especially if you have had partners of both genders, were involved in threesomes or foursomes, or how you nailed your wifes best friend. 

And if you had more sexual partners than me (or claimed to as it is the Internet and all i have no way to verify or anything) I wouldn't feel inadequate and would be  happy for you.

i am gay and i like cats

atomic

« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2014, 05:38:58 pm »
http://www.nbcnews.com/#/health/mens-health/older-dads-much-higher-risk-passing-along-mental-disorders-n39516

here you go straight people . . . enjoy.

I read another study that said that the reason there are more problems with babies from older men is that they have children with older women.  My wife was only 35 when we conceived.  I think we should be alright but I dont' think this was really needed from you. 

James Ford

« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2014, 02:00:04 pm »
For those of you with kids, what grade is your kid in and how much average time does your kid spend on homework daily/weekly?

atomic

« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2014, 02:02:30 pm »
Once my child is born should I post photos daily or is weekly often enough? 

James Ford

« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2014, 02:08:31 pm »
I think only Hutch has posted pictures of his kids here.

Friend my wife on facebook if you want to see pictures of my kid. She's ALWAYS posting kid pictures.

But even as often as she does it, we have one friend who posts kid pictures so frequently that even my wife complains about it.

atomic

« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2014, 02:10:29 pm »
I think only Hutch has posted pictures of his kids here.

Friend my wife on facebook if you want to see pictures of my kid. She's ALWAYS posting kid pictures.

But even as often as she does it, we have one friend who posts kid pictures so frequently that even my wife complains about it.

Facebook? That is the enemy of message boards everywhere.   You do know you can block people from appearing on your new feed or whatever they call it. 

Relaxer

« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2014, 02:12:05 pm »
For those of you with kids, what grade is your kid in and how much average time does your kid spend on homework daily/weekly?

4th grader spends at least an hour a day either doing homework or reading. My wife and I support and encourage it, but he's extremely driven all on his own. He gets the highest marks in every subject and in a couple weeks he will be on TV for the citywide spelling bee, having won the previous three rounds.  

When we tell our Kindergartner to do his homework, which is usually as complicated as "Color the fire engine red," he screams, pisses himself, throws things, says he wants to kill us, tears his homework packet into pieces, and then demands that we clean it all up.

I always say, if we'd stopped after our first kid, my wife and I would think we were the greatest parents in the world. Our second child disabused us of this notion very effectively. (Still love him to death though. He's going to be special in one way or another, though it remains to be seen whether it's "John Wayne" special or "John Wayne Gacy" Special)
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2014, 02:14:33 pm »

This is from a couple years ago but is probably my favorite picture of them.
oword

slappy

« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2014, 02:43:21 pm »
From last year, looking at her you wouldn't believe how much food she can put away.