Author Topic: Is there a good store in the area to buy baby stuff  (Read 25719 times)

James Ford

Re: Is there a good store in the area to buy baby stuff
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2014, 03:35:33 pm »
Our daughter was potty trained by two and breast fed until she was nearly three. My wife enjoyed breast feeding much more than she (or I) enjoyed changing diapers.

one of the best interviews in a while!  shes a tad off putting crazy, but oh so intelligent, put together and well grounded, as well.  hey, it could be worse, she could be alicia silverstone mom crazy.  but breast feeding until two and reading signals when your kid wants to poop and pee . . . really?  come on blossom!  buy a damn diaper, so they can go running through walmart with it full of shit, like everybody else.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2014, 03:38:08 pm »
until three?  good lord . . . those must have been, some boobs of steel.

James Ford

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2014, 03:40:08 pm »
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that breastfeeding continue for at least 12 months, and thereafter for as long as mother and baby desire. The World Health Organization recommends continued breastfeeding up to 2 years of age or beyond.

atomic

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2014, 03:44:59 pm »
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that breastfeeding continue for at least 12 months, and thereafter for as long as mother and baby desire. The World Health Organization recommends continued breastfeeding up to 2 years of age or beyond.

It would be funny to see a 14 year old breast feeding from his mom in public.

atomic

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2014, 03:47:05 pm »
Our daughter was potty trained by two and breast fed until she was nearly three. My wife enjoyed breast feeding much more than she (or I) enjoyed changing diapers.

one of the best interviews in a while!  shes a tad off putting crazy, but oh so intelligent, put together and well grounded, as well.  hey, it could be worse, she could be alicia silverstone mom crazy.  but breast feeding until two and reading signals when your kid wants to poop and pee . . . really?  come on blossom!  buy a damn diaper, so they can go running through walmart with it full of shit, like everybody else.

WTF? You need to stop sharing what you and your wife are doing to your daughter.  It is weird.  The 6 oz of beer a night. the seperate bedrooms, the breast feeding until 3 the 18 year old car.  It is too much for my mind to handle.  I am begining to think you are  just making shit up.

James Ford

« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2014, 04:00:48 pm »
So you're saying you're some kind of conformist who does everything the way the rest of the world does things? You have no peculiarities up your sleeve?

WTF? You need to stop sharing what you and your wife are doing to your daughter.  It is weird.  The 6 oz of beer a night. the seperate bedrooms, the breast feeding until 3 the 18 year old car.  It is too much for my mind to handle.  I am begining to think you are  just making shit up.

James Ford

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2014, 04:02:00 pm »
Pretty fucking embarrassing for both, no doubt.

shemptiness

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2014, 04:02:43 pm »

James Ford

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2014, 04:10:22 pm »
I don't know how old that kid is, but he looks like he's seven or eight. While a kid between the ages of two and three might still wish to breast feed, I can imagine an eight year old wanting to.

It's a shame they  put Dr. Sears' name on the cover with that stupid photo.

James Ford

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2014, 04:13:26 pm »
You sound like a macho meathead.

Aint no kid of mine getting that attachment parenting bullshit! Let the fucker cry it out, goddammit!

Thanks for the link. I  don't think I like the idea of the co sleeper because instead of the wife waking up and going to another room she would be keeping me awake in my room.  I guess this might work for James Ford because he doesn't sleep in the same room as his wife. 

Sadly my wife wanted me to feel the pain  :o
but I sleep like a rock and am fine on 4 hours sleep

But the first few months if you are breast feeding ...co sleeper is the way to go
getting up and going into another room to breast feed opposed to just rolling over and doing it is so much easier

I do think at a certain point they need to get in their own bed in their own room, I'm not a family bed kind guy
that's insane

Family I knew in SF had a 4 year old and twins in their bed everynight (still do I imagine)
no f'n way
I'm not into the attachment parenting stuff.

I think the sling is great...and when I lived in SF, I'd get out and do the hills for an hour or so with them in the sling...great workout and they slept the whole time.
and long trips out in the parks or around town, the strollers do come in handy for the under 3 crowd

Also don't get a sit up stroller for an infant...get a pram.
babies should be seated until they are able to sit up on their own
people always try way too hard to get babies to the next stage...

James Ford

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2014, 04:18:42 pm »
Hey atomic, your idol Brad Pitt shared his bed with the kids.

Brad Pitt says he and Angelina Jolie are going to need a bigger bed ? for their expanding brood.

"We're not done," Pitt, 43, quipped, acknowledging public interest in the family's growth. "They say, 'Any plans for a fifth?' And I say, 'And a sixth, and a seventh, and an eighth, and a ninth.' That's my answer."

"We also made a 9-foot-wide bed" that fits him, Jolie, 32, and all four children, Pitt who is starring in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, told the Associated Press. "Just big enough. One more and we'll have to go to 11 feet."

The Jolie-Pitt clan already consists of four kids, all born in Asia or Africa: Maddox, 6, Pax, 3, Zahara, 2, and Shiloh, 1. And, while one parent works in front of the camera, the other takes time off to look after them.

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2014, 04:49:49 pm »

hmm...I suspect the comment was sarcastic...but you didn't follow with a emoticon so I don't know
 :P
slack

James Ford

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2014, 05:02:23 pm »
Um, not really.

You do realize that by wearing the sling, you are practicing one of the tools of attachment parenting, right? Even if you're just using it as an exercise tool rather than a tool for parent and child to feel more physically and emotionally bonded.

You say the phrase "attachment parenting" the way Democrats used to try to distance themselves from the word "liberal" 20 years ago.

Granted, not all of the tenets of attachment parenting are for everyone (hell, i'm a big proponent, and I wouldn't want my elementary school kid in bed with me on a regular basis, though my wife would), but most thinking, giving, progressive parents would probably at least identify with some of attachment parenting. So stop saying it like it's a dirty word, otherwise you end up sounding like an "I only wear a sling for the exercise" macho meathead.

hmm...I suspect the comment was sarcastic...but you didn't follow with a emoticon so I don't know
 :P

James Ford

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2014, 05:04:42 pm »
P.S. I think it's more reasonable to tune in to Blossom than to Howard Stern for parenting tips.

Relaxer

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2014, 05:07:53 pm »
Attachment parents are usually the most self-righteous, lecture-y, full-of-themselves assholes. So it is just perfect that James Ford is one of them.
oword