Author Topic: Financial Advice and How to Raise your Kids Thread  (Read 8029 times)

Hutch

Re: Financial Advice and How to Raise your Kids Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2024, 10:44:17 am »
Biden is going to win…as I been saying for years…

Not sure why you are so fatalistic…you have had like ten comments about how Trump is going to win…

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2024, 12:26:09 pm »
look at the polls, look at public rhetoric... i also think that biden will eek this one out, again, but it's certainly not guaranteed. 

example of what could derail ol' joe: gas prices are starting to edge upwards. if we go back to a national average above $4/gal, you're going to have millions who won't be able to focus on anything else and will want an alternative, any alternative.  it's among the stupidest thing about the american electorate, IMO: they'll elect satan if it'll save them $40/month at the pump.

there's also the health variable.  if biden has a heart attack, seizure, etc - doesn't have to take him out completely, just put him in the hospital for a few days - i really fear that would punch trump's ticket.  voters will seriously doubt his ability to finish his term, and kamala isn't a desired alternative by many. 

TAN: i wonder how seriously the biden campaign contemplated picking a different VP candidate for round 2...
<sig>

Hutch

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2024, 12:38:54 pm »
Polls schmolls. What an absolutely useless metric at this point.

Obviously if Biden’s health fails or something really crazy happens Biden could lose but assuming that doesn’t happen Biden will win.

This isn’t 2016.

Hutch

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2024, 01:09:05 pm »
Oh and the replacement of the VP. My guess is zero. They spent zero seconds considering it.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2024, 01:10:24 pm »
Polls schmolls. What an absolutely useless metric at this point.

polls shouldn't be taken as gospel at this point - it's not "OMG trump beat biden by 3 points, he's totally going to win in november!!!111" - but they have consistently shown that the candidates are within striking distance of each other, i.e. it's competitive and neither side has it sewn up.  so saying that either candidate could win isn't crazy, RE: space saying trump will return to the WH.  one can disagree, but you can't dismiss.

This isn’t 2016.

on the one hand, yeah def - we know what we're getting with trump.  any moderates who decided to roll the dice with him in 2016 have had that illusion shattered. 

on the other hand, i feel there is a lot of discontent in this country, some of it focused and some of it generalized (re: the number of americans who are financially better off today then they were under trump, yet still feel that the country & economy are somehow going downhill).  in a 2 party system, there is only one protest vote.
<sig>

Hutch

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2024, 01:19:38 pm »
Ok dudes..worry away

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2024, 01:32:21 pm »
people...THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS is the Battleground states

doesn't matter if biden wins the popular by 30million votes, if he doesn't take the electoral college, trump wins
slack

Hutch

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2024, 01:40:36 pm »
True. But pretty sure if someone won the popular vote by 30 million they would win the electoral college.

I think looking at state polls is more useful than national polls but not really basing my prediction on polls.

nkotb

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2024, 01:40:49 pm »
Good thing he's not doing anything to piss those voters off!

doesn't matter if biden wins the popular by 30million votes, if he doesn't take the electoral college, trump wins

Hutch

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2024, 01:43:48 pm »
Oh no the Muslims are pissed off again!

That’s it. Election over. I take it all back. Trump will win.

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2024, 01:45:33 pm »
Good thing he's not doing anything to piss those voters off!

well we are never going to make the Hamas-fellatio crowd happy so who the fuck needs them in a civil society
the less than 1% of the actual voting population is meaningless even if they are loud

but he has canceled about $150 billion of student debt, which impacts millions of americans who typically vote for dems
slack

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2024, 01:47:35 pm »
True. But pretty sure if someone won the popular vote by 30 million they would win the electoral college.
I wouldn't bet my house on that logic
slack

Hutch

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2024, 01:51:52 pm »
“Hamas-fellatio society”? Love it

Hey if they want to stay home or vote Trump….

Trump is so much more pro Israel and Netanyahu it’s ridiculous

Of course some people aren’t going to be satisfied until the US destroys Israel but something pretty big happened at the UN yesterday. I don’t expect the loony fringe I vote democrat but hate democrats to recognize it.

nkotb

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2024, 01:55:28 pm »
I wad thinking more of the "doesn't like seeing children indiscriminately murdered" crowd. Which right now is like 75% of Biden's base.

Hamas-fellatio crowd

Hutch

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2024, 01:59:07 pm »
I wad thinking more of the "doesn't like seeing children indiscriminately murdered" crowd. Which right now is like 75% of Biden's base.

Hamas-fellatio crowd

75%?? GTFO

BTW do these same people you claim to speak for enjoy seeing Israeli female hostages being raped at gunpoint by Hamas?