Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1593867 times)

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #6195 on: June 08, 2021, 09:49:01 pm »
Dang, I liked  Lee and Levine
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6196 on: June 08, 2021, 09:50:22 pm »
The passive aggression coming from Lee right now on Twitter is so thick you can stir it with a spoon.
LVMH

« Reply #6197 on: June 09, 2021, 07:33:17 am »
The passive aggression coming from Lee right now on Twitter is so thick you can stir it with a spoon.
yeah, he's not bitter

Lee J. Carter@carterforva
This job has made me miserable for the last 4 years.
slack

« Reply #6198 on: June 09, 2021, 08:04:23 am »
Someone fact check me on this but I believe Carter, bizarrely, won his district as far as Governor choice yet lost it in his delegate race in the same damn election. That's . . . impressive.
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #6199 on: June 09, 2021, 09:25:26 am »
Who fact checks the fact checker?
——-//////—————-

Anyways..I had never heard about this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/APhilosophae/status/1402434266970140676

« Reply #6200 on: June 09, 2021, 11:31:40 am »
^dude that's some fucked up shit
market is already tight and they are paying 20% over asking so they can turn them into rentals

This is wealth redistribution, and it ain’t rich people’s wealth that’s getting redistributed. It’s normal American middle class, salt of the earth wealth heading into the hands of the worlds most powerful entities and individuals. The traditional financial vehicle gone forever.
slack

Starsky

« Reply #6201 on: June 09, 2021, 11:39:07 am »
I know! Just not sure I buy it but if private equity is pumping billions into real estate to invest excess cash or excess liquidity  that might partly explain why prices are so high...

After all if a person buys a new house presumably they have to sell their old house so that quite doesn’t explain increase in demand..even if you tell me well it’s younger people coming in- first time homebuyers- that can’t entirely explain it...and don’t people dying leave houses to be sold?

But if you have equity firms looking to diversify and convert cheap cash , whose value they are worried might get inflated away , into bricks - well- that could help explain what is going on with real estate better than “it’s new buyers!”  Or “people upgrading!”
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 11:42:54 am by Starsky »

« Reply #6202 on: June 09, 2021, 11:40:51 am »
Who fact checks the fact checker?
Implying that I am the board's "fact checker" is probably the nicest thing any of you have every said about me.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6203 on: June 09, 2021, 01:17:47 pm »
^dude that's some fucked up shit
market is already tight and they are paying 20% over asking so they can turn them into rentals

This is wealth redistribution, and it ain’t rich people’s wealth that’s getting redistributed. It’s normal American middle class, salt of the earth wealth heading into the hands of the worlds most powerful entities and individuals. The traditional financial vehicle gone forever.

the housing market in the seattle area is just stupid, apparently third-worse behind austin and san diego.  we have some good friends here looking to buy their first house, they're both young professionals earning good salaries, and after being at it for 6+ months they're clinically depressed.  if you're not offering at least $100k over asking, all cash, with no conditions, you ain't getting squat.
<sig>

« Reply #6204 on: June 09, 2021, 01:22:10 pm »
if you're not offering at least $100k over asking, all cash, with no conditions, you ain't getting squat.
I'm sure walkie can confirm that
I remember the SF market was like that, was insane
people were putting in offers sight unseen all cash, no conditions and way over asking, how can a reasonable person compete with that

Unless it's a new build, never buy a house without an inspection
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6205 on: June 09, 2021, 02:04:27 pm »
how can a reasonable person compete with that

you can't, hence my friend's serious depression.  he definitely feels like this part of the american dream - owning a home - is no longer available to him.  and he's an IT security professional for a big corporation, dude is pulling in respectable coin.  well, respectable to all except home sellers and real estate agents, apparently...

Unless it's a new build, never buy a house without an inspection

normally excellent advice, unfortunately can't be adhered to under current market conditions.
<sig>

WALKonBack

« Reply #6206 on: June 09, 2021, 02:35:25 pm »
The market . . . here . . . is cooling, since the end of May.  We, all, are seeing it.  Buyers who bought in 2020 / early 2021, are going to fucking hate themselves in late 2021 / 2022.  So many coming soon properties / so many listings sitting for 2 weeks, when before their neighbor's homes stayed on the market for 2 to 4 days.

The expectation that covid is over and we are going back to the way it was, has settled in.  God I am not looking forward to the buyers coming on in full force with a list of "fuck off demands" and "you are not getting anywhere near list price any longer."  I am seeing that on my last listing, already.

« Reply #6207 on: June 10, 2021, 07:47:02 am »
yikes
https://www.axios.com/pandemic-unemployment-fraud-benefits-stolen-a937ad9d-0973-4aad-814f-4ca47b72f67f.html
 As much as 50% of all unemployment monies might have been stolen

You know the GQP is going to hold this on the dems
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #6208 on: June 10, 2021, 10:08:33 am »
Wait'll they hear about wage theft.

Oh wait, they're okay with that....
😐 🎶

« Reply #6209 on: June 10, 2021, 10:33:25 am »
now that's just silly
but $400 bill was stolen from the gov't unemployment monies...that's pretty easy to understand
wage theft is a murky concept and has more to do with the greed of private employers than gov't programs the dems support
slack