Author Topic: Official 930 Club Replacements Echostage May 8 Show  (Read 85373 times)

ggw

Re: Official 930 Club Replacements Echostage May 8 Show
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 11:00:11 am »
but hard to find street parking

Valet parking.  It's not very "rock 'n roll" but neither is a reunion gig at a 3,000-6,000 capacity venue.

I dunno. One of the most rock'n'roll things I've seen is at the beginning of "Crossfire Hurricane" when the Stones are about to play MSG in 1972 and Mick snorts coke off a switchblade. Rock'n'roll exists in different forms in different venues, whether it's in front of 200 people or 20,000. I'm not expecting GREATNESS from the 'Mats. I'm hoping to see something memorable...even if it's not brilliant. How many people show up doesn't matter to me. Iggy and the Stooges at Lollapalooza was still one of the most rock'n'roll things I've ever seen. I had a chance to see the 'Mats in 1991 at the Aragon in Chicago but it was for Northwestern students only and I couldn't finagle a ticket...I still think I'd rather see this incarnation anyway. As long as beer is served, I suspect people will have a good time.

Oh I'm not putting it down.  I will be there, I will valet my car, and I expect (hope) that it's a rockin' good time both on and off stage.  It will just be different from the sloppy drunken hootenanny a la Trax (C'ville) circa 1987.  I'm really putting myself down more for the fact that my concert attending decisions are now heavily influenced by logistical factors such as parking.

bearman🐻

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 12:02:31 pm »
ggw, I can totally empathize. The more you've been around and seen hundreds upon hundreds of concerts, the easier it is to say "I may skip this one". I've never seen the 'Mats...to say I saw them would be cool, even if it's not the same thing as seeing them in the 80's. I'm happy I saw the Ramones when I did in 1994. Was it a great show? Probably not. Did I enjoy the hell out of it? Maybe. Am I glad I went, even though they were probably a shadow of their former selves? Yes. I know it sounds contrived, but I was able to see part of music history...I wish I could have seen Keith Moon, even at the end. When I tell 20-somethings that I got to see Nirvana, their jaws drop. The reality was it could have been a better show. But I'm happy I went and saw it with my own eyes.

Yada

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 12:12:22 pm »
but hard to find street parking

Valet parking.  It's not very "rock 'n roll" but neither is a reunion gig at a 3,000-6,000 capacity venue.

I dunno. One of the most rock'n'roll things I've seen is at the beginning of "Crossfire Hurricane" when the Stones are about to play MSG in 1972 and Mick snorts coke off a switchblade. Rock'n'roll exists in different forms in different venues, whether it's in front of 200 people or 20,000. I'm not expecting GREATNESS from the 'Mats. I'm hoping to see something memorable...even if it's not brilliant. How many people show up doesn't matter to me. Iggy and the Stooges at Lollapalooza was still one of the most rock'n'roll things I've ever seen. I had a chance to see the 'Mats in 1991 at the Aragon in Chicago but it was for Northwestern students only and I couldn't finagle a ticket...I still think I'd rather see this incarnation anyway. As long as beer is served, I suspect people will have a good time.

Oh I'm not putting it down.  I will be there, I will valet my car, and I expect (hope) that it's a rockin' good time both on and off stage.  It will just be different from the sloppy drunken hootenanny a la Trax (C'ville) circa 1987.  I'm really putting myself down more for the fact that my concert attending decisions are now heavily influenced by logistical factors such as parking.

The question is, why isn't a gentlemen like yourself taking a private car to and from? 

ggw

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 12:26:23 pm »
I strive not to lose the common touch. 

Additionally, I have to pay the driver time-and-a-half after 9:00PM.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 12:31:08 pm »
Additionally, I have to pay the driver time-and-a-half after 9:00PM.
Those fucking labor unions.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 12:53:14 pm »
lets cut to the chase and stop babbling about inanities: when do tickets go on sale and how much?

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 01:31:37 pm »
Valet parking
Something 930 Club desperately needs to adopt. They have an entire lot: why am I unable to get my car detailed during the concert? Seth is just leaving money sitting there to appease some poor contingency.

I second the car detailing option.... C'mon Seth, this is a great profit center...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 01:47:00 pm »
I will be there, I will valet my car

ah, so you'll be taking the Maserati. 
<sig>

TheREALHunter

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 01:59:39 pm »
Judging by the other Replacements ticket listings already online, my guess is between $50-60 after service charges.

Bags

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2015, 05:12:40 pm »
Waiting for when and what time. 

Will go with a driver myself.

Never saw them back in the day, have seen them twice since reuniting (Riotfest and Forest Hills Stadium).  Both great, but they are in my top tier.  The Hold Steady opened at Forest Hills, that was so awesome I could barely stand it.

With just 13 shows announced, I think this will sell out quickly (also as a Friday show).  But I guess incorrectly much of the time.

Relaxer

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 06:17:22 pm »
I agree that this probably won't be transcendent but I can't imagine a Replacements show being boring or slow.

Fortunately being a resident of the Lincoln Park neighborhood, I think Echostage is reachable by bike.
oword

betao

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 06:45:54 pm »
lets cut to the chase and stop babbling about inanities: when do tickets go on sale and how much?

No seriously, can someone please answer this??  ;D

Bags

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2015, 06:55:50 pm »
I can't get in to the official website concerts page right now, but when I looked yesterday, five of the 13 shows just announced go on sale this week.  Presale for April show Thursday at 10, general sale Friday at 10.  Presale for May dates next Thursday (Feb 19) and general sale Friday (Feb 20).  All of the shows with sale dates listed are on Ticketmaster.  Ticketfly has nothing at all for Replacements right now.

DC was not in the group with sale dates listed, though I know some folks who think all the shows will go on sale the same week. 

That noted, I am on the email list but have not gotten an email about even the show announcements. So, I'm skeptical I'll get presale info on a timely basis.

http://thereplacementsofficial.com/pages/concerts

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2015, 08:45:07 pm »
Been on their email list since day one. Worthless.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2015, 10:43:05 pm »
echostage = ticketmaster
(_|_)