Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 925555 times)

hutch

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #2625 on: December 12, 2016, 12:16:13 pm »
China, flies nuclear bomb capable plane in response to Trump and Taiwan.  Yeah, sounds about right.

they've been flying these before too..before we took Taiwan's call.. when we were being "nice"

I think we have to adopt a tougher line with China.. we should just roll over and let them do whatever the want even when its against our own interests?

From the story:

The Pentagon found out about the flight on Friday and officials said it was the first long-range flight along the demarcation line in more than 18 months - though this sortie extended further than previous ones.

hutch

« Reply #2626 on: December 12, 2016, 07:50:38 pm »
wow..another thing I agree with Trump on.. defense contractors are out of control and have been for decades.... I hope this isn't just for show and he actually gets something done but I'm skeptical.... but anything to cut defense spending is pretty much fine with me...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-f-35-program-cost-control-134359554--sector.html

hutch

« Reply #2627 on: December 12, 2016, 07:51:41 pm »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/8806a0cf-ec90-33b7-8f97-406b7e8e7296/ss_conway-says-she-turned-down.html

what it really means: she turned it down cause she's going to cash in and make millions by not taking the job..

still..look on the bright side... I'm glad I won't have to see her face every few days..

MAGA 2020

« Reply #2628 on: December 12, 2016, 09:15:47 pm »
wrong thread

« Reply #2629 on: December 12, 2016, 10:50:54 pm »
hmmm more evidence that Russian hacking is possible reason for trump winning?

oh and Rex...

slack

Space Freely

« Reply #2630 on: December 13, 2016, 09:28:58 am »
But he's still a better pick than Mitt, right?

hutch

« Reply #2631 on: December 13, 2016, 10:10:32 am »
But he's still a better pick than Mitt, right?

I don't see what is wrong with having a prior working relationship with Russia as the head of a business corporation to benefit the corporation he was entrusted to run by the shareholders.

Now if you can prove that he is Putin's stooge or something that is different.. but nation's give CEO's of important businesses medals, badges etc all the time... they also meet business leaders and take pictures with them...

To me the fact he understands the world of international business is a plus...

I would not have picked him myself... but Trump could have done way worse.. think John Bolton! OMG! Or Rudy Giuliani!

Mitt Romney's problem is he has no backbone on anything.. now that may be fine if you're giving a speech saying Trump represents a threat to the world one day and dining out with him the next as you lobby for a job.. but I don't see that as being a good trait in a Secretary of State....he is beyond wishy washy and frankly is icky and gross by this point... After all the things he said about Trump he lobbies him for a job??? I'd be happy not to see him ever again.. he embarrassed himself badly and needs to go away.

hutch

« Reply #2632 on: December 13, 2016, 10:18:48 am »
I have not seen any "evidence" that Russian hacking is responsible for Trump winning.. I have heard of some "evidence" that the Russians hacked into the DNC and then provided that info to wikileaks but I'm not so sure that means they are responsible for Trump winning...

I do think there is evidence that for example Russia was acting on the internet to drive up Trump's numbers in the instant polls conducted after the debates....but what does that matter? She clobbered him in all three and still lost...

Of course Russia meddling in our elections is bad but I'm not sure what you can do at this point.... If we had evidence they hacked the voting machines or something it would be diffferent but even if there was such evidence I seriously doubt the American people would be privy to it for at least a couple of generations....the people that run things aren't going to want the sheeple to know their votes don't count...

I'm much more outraged by the Comey thing which everyone conveniently forgot....I think he had a big impact at the end... or the fact the electoral college keeps messing up...I tend to think the electoral college should reflect the popular vote in outcome.. when it doesn't do so two out of five elections I think there is a serious problem...I don't really believe we are a democracy anymore at least as I understood it prior (I know.. a Republic)....W should never have been president.. Trump should never have been president.. not in a democracy.... when it starts to happen repeatedly I have to question the system.. something is wrong here...

hutch

« Reply #2633 on: December 13, 2016, 10:31:05 am »
I had not heard about this interview.. striking high stakes poker being played out through the media...of course its tempting to criticize Trump on this but I'm not sure any of us know enough... its been a very long time since I studied US trade....

Taking the call was acceptable in my view.. questioning the "One China" Policy and trying to extort concessions on trade in exchange for continued observance of the "One China" Policy strikes me as a big gamble. But I go back to my key question: If we don't buy China's stuff who will? I mean sure they are flooding the developing world with their junk but without us there simply isn't enough demand for their stuff..I've travelled in Africa and many of those places are so poor they just can't place their stuff there...now it is true that if the cost of goods we import increases it could adversely affect us...but on the other hand there has to be some limit to how much Chinese stuff we buy particularly given how they have been fairly threatening towards us for a good while now.. they don't exactly treat us as their friend... high stakes for sure though

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-questions-one-china-policy-without-beijing-concessions-153535852.html

hutch

« Reply #2634 on: December 13, 2016, 10:32:33 am »
its kind of weird though.. I think our number one priority in foreign policy should be to ensure that Russia and China don't become closely allied against us...Trump so far seems to seek rapprochement with Russia and concessions from China... this does have some logic to it...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2635 on: December 13, 2016, 11:11:54 am »
I think our number one priority in foreign policy should be to ensure that Russia and China don't become closely allied against us...
Yeah, it'd be awful for major world powers to get along.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #2636 on: December 13, 2016, 11:31:26 am »
I think our number one priority in foreign policy should be to ensure that Russia and China don't become closely allied against us...
Yeah, it'd be awful for major world powers to get along.

Like that time Germany, Italy, and Japan all got along?

hutch

« Reply #2637 on: December 13, 2016, 12:12:28 pm »
wow Rick Perry for Secretary of Energy...

ggw

« Reply #2638 on: December 13, 2016, 12:53:16 pm »
Secretary of Cray Cray?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2639 on: December 13, 2016, 01:20:58 pm »
Secretary of Cray Cray?

Surgeon General, no doubt.
LVMH