Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 925397 times)

hutch

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #3735 on: April 12, 2019, 09:38:50 am »
In a functioning republic he would be impeached over this...pretty crazy but won’t create a ripple

Space Freely

« Reply #3736 on: April 12, 2019, 09:55:16 am »
While Trump is busy consuming hamberders and dealing with his herpes sores, this guy is the true mastermind behind all the mean spiritedness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0iRYcdTLLk

In a campaign speech in high school, he questioned the effectiveness of the school’s janitors by asking, “Am I the only one who is sick and tired of being told to pick up my trash when we have plenty of janitors who are paid to do it for us?”

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3737 on: April 12, 2019, 01:04:24 pm »
this is what I find one of the most unappealing part of how Team Trump operates.  There is always a 'stick it to ya' kind of delivery on everything.  The get off on being mean-spirited asshats...and the base LOVES it. 

"White House officials have tried to pressure U.S. immigration authorities to release detainees onto the streets of “sanctuary cities” to retaliate against President Trump’s political adversaries, according to Department of Homeland Security officials and email messages reviewed by The Washington Post."

the man has only ever known NYC real estate.  so he's running the country like a real estate tycoon.  this is what ya get.  "he cut me out of that land redevelopment deal?  i'm going to cut off their water!"
<sig>

« Reply #3738 on: April 12, 2019, 02:32:28 pm »
this is what I find one of the most unappealing part of how Team Trump operates.  There is always a 'stick it to ya' kind of delivery on everything.  The get off on being mean-spirited asshats...and the base LOVES it. 

"White House officials have tried to pressure U.S. immigration authorities to release detainees onto the streets of “sanctuary cities” to retaliate against President Trump’s political adversaries, according to Department of Homeland Security officials and email messages reviewed by The Washington Post."

he's doubling down with being a dick!

@realDonaldTrump
....The Radical Left always seems to have an Open Borders, Open Arms policy – so this should make them very happy!
slack

hutch

« Reply #3739 on: April 12, 2019, 02:35:50 pm »
Just saw that...unbelievable

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3740 on: April 12, 2019, 06:28:24 pm »

the man has only ever known NYC real estate.  so he's running the country like a real estate tycoon.  this is what ya get.  "he cut me out of that land redevelopment deal?  i'm going to cut off their water!"

trump is doing everything he can to make the crisis worse, with the idea that it'll force the Dems to negotiate.  that's also why he's cutting aid to the northern triangle countries: make conditions worse  = more asylum seekers = bigger crisis at the border = americans will support his policies.

hey want that he treats humans as pawns is reprehensible. 
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #3741 on: April 12, 2019, 06:42:01 pm »
Northern Triangle? You mean the three Mexican countries? :)

But seriously, I agree with you...the question is what can democrats do? I think Trump believes he can ride a growing economy, white resentment and the immigration issue to a second term...

Even out here in  liberal NOVA I sometimes hear white people openly talking amongst themselves about immigration and they sound nuts...earlier this week I heard an elderly man regurgitate the Glenn Beck theory that the Russians are sending the Latinos through the southern border to destabilize the US!

« Reply #3742 on: April 15, 2019, 09:52:17 am »

he's doubling down with being a dick!

@realDonaldTrump
....The Radical Left always seems to have an Open Borders, Open Arms policy – so this should make them very happy!

I think the response from these mayors is top notch!

You go low...we act like Human Beains

Democratic mayors have said their cities would welcome migrants immigrants if Trump's idea came to fruition.

What they're saying:

Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney: “The city would be prepared to welcome these immigrants just as we have embraced our immigrant communities for decades."

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel: “As a welcoming city, we would welcome these migrants with open arms, just as we welcomed Syrian refugees, just as we welcomed Puerto Ricans displaced by Hurricane Maria and just as we welcome Rohingya refugees fleeing genocide in Myanmar."

Mayor Marc McGovern of Cambridge, Massachusetts: “I am proud that Cambridge is a sanctuary city. ... Trump is a schoolyard bully who tries to intimidate and threaten people. I’m not intimidated and if asylum seekers find their way to Cambridge, we’ll welcome them.”

San Francisco Mayor London Breed: “Like so many issues we are forced to talk about during this presidency, this isn’t a real idea or a real proposal, it’s just another scare tactic."

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler: “Humans are not pawns. This is not a game. These are people’s lives ... Portland will continue to protect its sanctuary status in accordance with Oregon law and the U.S. Constitution. We strongly denounce the cruel efforts of this administration to retaliate against sanctuary cities.”

Mayor Daniel Drew of Middletown, Connecticut: “It’s a sign of the president’s tremendous weakness as an executive and weakness as a leader, and of the degree to which he pales in comparison to all of his recent predecessors."

New York Mayor Bill de Blasio: “He uses people like pawns ... New York City will always be the ultimate city of immigrants – the President’s empty threats won’t change that.”

Mayor Steven Hernandez of Coachella, California: “We have already been working alongside partners to ensure that recently arrived families, women and children get the services they need to make their successful transition into America."

^although to be fair Mayor Steven was talking about the festival goers
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 09:54:22 am by Sïdehätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

hutch

« Reply #3743 on: April 15, 2019, 10:22:30 am »
Yeah I can see it now...”Democrats opening their arms to take in illegal immigrants”

That will work great...

« Reply #3744 on: April 15, 2019, 11:32:10 am »
Yeah I can see it now...”Democrats opening their arms to take in illegal immigrants”

That will work great...
along with letting prisoners vote in Trans-bathrooms....
The Trump voters will be stoked to vote dem this time around

I think reparations would be the icing on the cake too
(Not 100% opposed to the idea (about 98%), but get in power and then try to implement that stuff...not in the run up to the election)
slack

« Reply #3745 on: April 16, 2019, 10:00:32 am »
this might be hard for Team Trump to block
House Democrats subpoena Deutsche Bank in Trump investigation
In addition to the Deutsche Bank subpoena, House Democrats subpoenaed other banks — including JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America and Citigroup — seeking information on Russian money launderin

I'm certain there have been some back-channel conversations between the top brass on both sides on how to say something like "this has never happened in the 100+ years of 'insert bank name here', but we somehow misplaced all the records related to the person you are subpoenaing'
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:04:16 am by Sïdehätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3746 on: April 16, 2019, 12:43:37 pm »
I'm certain there have been some back-channel conversations between the top brass on both sides on how to say something like "this has never happened in the 100+ years of 'insert bank name here', but we somehow misplaced all the records related to the person you are subpoenaing'

nah, i suspect the back-channel conversations included words like "immunity", "plea deals", and "cooperating witnesses".
<sig>

« Reply #3747 on: April 16, 2019, 12:46:50 pm »

nah, i suspect the back-channel conversations included words like "immunity", "plea deals", and "cooperating witnesses".
he runs team trump like the mob, I have a feeling some of the conversions will be like 'It would be a shame if you lovely daughter to not get into San Diego State'
or 'I have the Bikers and Fox news on my side, beware what side you pick you pencil neck'ed banker'
slack

« Reply #3748 on: April 16, 2019, 04:15:14 pm »
“So weird to watch Crazy Bernie on @FoxNews,” Trump tweeted. “Not surprisingly, @BretBaier and the ‘audience’ was so smiley and nice. Very strange, and now
we have @donnabrazile?”

Trump tweets his frustration with faux news...and uses pronoun WE!
should his audience been a mob and hurled insults at the Sand-man

I think I know what got his goat....watch this video of them asking a fox audience how many people would want medicare-for-all
https://twitter.com/i/status/1117924843746361345
they didn't even wait for him to finish the question
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 04:18:54 pm by Sïdehätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

hutch

« Reply #3749 on: April 16, 2019, 05:17:24 pm »
I think we should all agree - left and right - that Donna Brazile is awful