Author Topic: Coldplay hate thread...please share your stories of disgust  (Read 32165 times)

Re: Coldplay hate thread...please share your stories of disgust
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 05:33:19 pm »
Don't, talk about coldplay, like that.  God, it makes me mad, that so many people hate them, and make it a point to voice how much they hate them.

Perhaps a more diplomatic way people should put it is "overrated". Is that more palatable?

Who is actually rating them so highly? Critics, who rate albums, have given their last three albums combined metascores of 65,61, and 60. Hardly the definition of "overrated". Unless they are actually worse than that.
they are...worse than that
slack

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 05:34:10 pm »
slack

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 05:35:33 pm »
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 05:38:04 pm »
In 2000, I spent four days driving around Scotland by myself. It was a great, beautiful trip and after buying 'Parachutes' at a gas station (for like 25 bucks!), I must have listened to it a hundred times. I'll always ride hard for that record. I love the songs and I loved the updated Edge guitar that was all over the songs.

I think the problem with Coldplay is they moved away from (what I thought to be) their primary strength: the guitar. Every song on Parachutes had a cool guitar part to it. After that record, the focus became Chris Martin's voice and piano, and then they became Just Another Big Band. And that's a shame.
oword

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 05:42:45 pm »
slack

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 05:44:52 pm »
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 05:45:25 pm »
In 2000, I spent four days driving around Scotland by myself. It was a great, beautiful trip and after buying 'Parachutes' at a gas station (for like 25 bucks!), I must have listened to it a hundred times. I'll always ride hard for that record. I love the songs and I loved the updated Edge guitar that was all over the songs.

I think the problem with Coldplay is they moved away from (what I thought to be) their primary strength: the guitar. Every song on Parachutes had a cool guitar part to it. After that record, the focus became Chris Martin's voice and piano, and then they became Just Another Big Band. And that's a shame.
I'll agree with that. Parachutes is really, really great. Rush of Blood is still mostly OK. Everything after that cratered fast, and I agree, the move from "actual ensemble with guitars" to "the Chris Martin piano bombast hour" is the cause.
LVMH

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 05:51:28 pm »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 06:21:23 pm »
way back when, i took a date to a coldplay show.  really good seats.  she turned out to be a total basket case... what a waste of a good ticket.  i've hated coldplay ever since.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 06:53:54 pm »
I actually only know one Coldplay song, from the Boyhood soundtrack.

I do have a good friend, who calls himself, ggw who once got so high that he imagined the Gwyneth Paltrow was hitting on him.

walk,on,by

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 11:01:26 pm »
your thread will die . . . and fade away.  chris, is smiling.

hutch

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 11:10:36 pm »
oh god that horrible song yellow is in my head now...somebody hand me a shotgun.

K8teebug

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 11:17:32 am »
I love this thread.

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2016, 12:25:20 pm »
was kinda small story yesterday, but man everyone is having some serious schadenfreude for Coldplay today!

I think the superbowl was a horrible pick too
slack