Author Topic: Parenting issues  (Read 66875 times)

Space Freely

Re: Parenting issues
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2020, 09:00:13 am »
As a former math teacher, I'm a little bit concerned that the algebra substitute teacher for the rest of the school year is a 21 year old college student with no teaching experience. Oh well, she has a good tutor at home.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2020, 10:28:45 am »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2020, 10:56:29 am »
As a former math teacher, I'm a little bit concerned that the algebra substitute teacher for the rest of the school year is a 21 year old college student with no teaching experience. Oh well, she has a good tutor at home.
If I'm recalling the tale correctly, weren't you also a substitute math teacher in your twenties with little to no teaching experience (at my wife's HS in her senior year, IIRC).
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2020, 11:04:11 am »
If I'm recalling the tale correctly, weren't you also a substitute math teacher in your twenties with little to no teaching experience (at my wife's HS in her senior year, IIRC).

Was this before or after he started throwing bottles at people?

« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2020, 11:06:43 am »

My wife definitely taught him that, so before.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2020, 11:52:28 am »

Yes, I subbed before getting a full time teaching job.

Space Freely

« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2020, 11:54:19 am »

I don't recall throwing anything at anybody, but kids threw things at me on a few occasions....not at Julian's wife's school...the kids there were actually pretty good.

« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2020, 12:01:44 pm »
but kids threw things at me on a few occasions....
beleviable
slack

LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2021, 10:21:05 am »
What kind of parent am I that I'm raising a kid who flat out refuses to go for a weekend family trip (5.5 hours each way) to visit her grandmother (who she hasn't seen in 1.5 years) on her grandmother's 80th birthday (and her mom "doesn't want to make her do something she doesn't want to do?")

« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2021, 10:22:12 am »
The kind who has an abusive and neglectful partner, if I had to draw conclusions from . . . *gestures at the entirety of your family tales*
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2021, 10:25:17 am »
The kind who has an abusive and neglectful partner, if I had to draw conclusions from . . . *gestures at the entirety of your family tales*

Is it my partner's fault if she herself says she's willing to go "out of a sense of wanting me to be happy?" I mean, it's 90% her fault the kid is so spoiled, but isn't the blame to be laid in the kid in this instance?

I mean, how much can you do to "make" your kid do something that isn't in their own selfish best interest?

That said, when i was a kid, there was not question on something like this. You did as your parents said, and you shut up about it.

Yada

« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2021, 10:26:37 am »
Option 1: Tell your partner to fuck off and go by yourself for the weekend (assuming this is your mother you're referring to)

Option 2: Tell your partner to fuck off, stuff her and your daughter in the prius and hit the road.

Space Freely

« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2021, 10:28:01 am »
Option 1: Tell your partner to fuck off and go by yourself for the weekend (assuming this is your mother you're referring to)

Option 2: Tell your partner to fuck off, stuff her and your daughter in the prius and hit the road.

It is my mother. My partner has no issue with going. Her issue is with "making" my daughter go.

Space Freely

« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2021, 10:30:14 am »
My wife also breast fed the kid until she was 3, wiped her ass until she was 10, and gives her the option to have a separate meal cooked for her if she doesn't like what the family is having (she's nearly 14.)