Author Topic: Twitter thread  (Read 175602 times)

Re: Twitter thread
« Reply #1110 on: November 07, 2022, 12:49:37 pm »
I for one was thankful trump didn't get re-instated on twatter prior to the mid-terms

slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1111 on: November 07, 2022, 01:13:04 pm »
I for one was thankful trump didn't get re-instated on twatter prior to the mid-terms

Except he who shall not be named is acting very TFG like..

I keep trying to tell myself my experience on that site hasn’t changed but it has <bangs head on wall>

Prior to Brexit and then TFG as long as stayed away the tea party numptees Twitter was a great place… both those events opened the constant political noise to the site
T.Rex

« Reply #1112 on: November 07, 2022, 05:30:29 pm »
x-posted on band name thread
Robert Sterling@RobertMSterling
Apparently the easiest way to go viral here is to post a “Schrödinger’s shitpost”—something that manages to be both factual and satirical at the same time.
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1113 on: November 07, 2022, 05:35:39 pm »
LOL ALERT: twitter is now begging very-recently fired employees to come back, saying they were "accidentally" fired "before management realized that their work and experience may be necessary" to enact the crazy shit elon wants.  this is going exactly according to plan.

Twitter Now Asks Some Fired Workers to Please Come Back
- Twitter management trying to bring back dozens of workers
- Some employees now needed or were laid off by mistake
<sig>

« Reply #1114 on: November 07, 2022, 05:35:49 pm »
I will say, Tesla stock is starting to look like a Buy IMO...down 50% for the year
if it hits 150, I'm putting an order in
slack

Starsky

« Reply #1115 on: November 07, 2022, 05:48:50 pm »
Automatic sell at $150 for folks cause I don’t remember stock picks being one of his expert advice areas!!

« Reply #1116 on: November 07, 2022, 06:05:59 pm »
Automatic sell at $150 for folks cause I don’t remember stock picks being one of his expert advice areas!!
well you have to actually own it, to sell it
But I would caution selling at the bottom too

but, can confirm, don't take stock advice from me

although when barron's says be careful, some see that as a buying opp (risky of course)
https://www.barrons.com/articles/tesla-stock-elon-musk-twitter-key-level-51667840809
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1117 on: November 07, 2022, 06:26:56 pm »
x-posted on band name thread
Robert Sterling@RobertMSterling
Apparently the easiest way to go viral here is to post a “Schrödinger’s shitpost”—something that manages to be both factual and satirical at the same time.

You mean?
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1118 on: November 09, 2022, 03:55:22 pm »
because of the expert leadership on twitter they now have created this

T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1119 on: November 09, 2022, 04:10:35 pm »
Whelp Twitter already scrapped the Official Tag only a few hours after launch  :o

and apparently unless I cough up 8.99 or whatever, even less people will see my dumb playlist posts.
T.Rex

« Reply #1120 on: November 09, 2022, 04:14:47 pm »
This made me chuckle, but seems honest (I know don't trust this guy)

Elon Musk@elonmusk
Please note that Twitter will do lots of dumb things in coming months.

We will keep what works & change what doesn’t.
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1121 on: November 09, 2022, 06:04:54 pm »
Whelp Twitter already scrapped the Official Tag only a few hours after launch  :o

twitter's staff in IT Ops/Deployment/SysEng/etc must be having heart attacks:
- this feature was developed very, very quickly.  i doubt it was properly tested.
- twitter's IT infrastructure is MASSIVE.  you don't just deploy code on a lark, getting something into Production (AKA "going live") is an event that is scheduled, planned, coordinated - to ensure your business doesn't go down because the servers got hosed by some new code.  i suspect elon has thrown all these precautions out the window and now the techs are stuck doing what elon wants, as quickly as elon wants.  this is seriously risky.
- rolling back a feature like this is also risky, especially on such a short time-scale.  i'm sure they planned the ability to remove, but who knows if they practiced the process...

would not want to be in the trenches for this one. 
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1122 on: November 09, 2022, 06:10:19 pm »
This made me chuckle, but seems honest (I know don't trust this guy)

Elon Musk@elonmusk
Please note that Twitter will do lots of dumb things in coming months.

We will keep what works & change what doesn’t.

"Fail Hard. Fail Fast. Fail Often." - is an accepted and lauded approach to IT development: see what sticks, fix what doesn't.  it's  great way to innovate but you don't do it with your core product on such a massive scale.  it's ok to fail often and iterate when you're two buddies building a company out of your garage.  for a company as large as twatter, you want to fail often with new stuff, the stuff on the edges, specialized features, etc... elon is fucking around.  at some point he's going to find out.
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1123 on: November 10, 2022, 08:46:43 am »
So the whole "you too can be verified for 8 bucks" is working out so well for el0n

some of the biggest scum of the earth are now "verified"

multiple instances of "verified" account impersonating well established brands, celebrity impersonations, etc, etc,

i guess when one is CEO/Owner of three companies you are smart, clever and will do what's right for all those companies

and apparently rushing things into production and overlooking flaws is one of el0n's go to moves
T.Rex

« Reply #1124 on: November 10, 2022, 09:39:47 am »
this was a fun impersonation

it's twitter deep fake
slack