Author Topic: Twitter thread  (Read 176909 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
LVMH

Re: Twitter thread
« Reply #1471 on: December 05, 2023, 03:20:37 pm »
So I was going to post that Santos had a cameo going on 

but Fetterman paid to have one made for Bob Menedenz

https://x.com/JohnFetterman/status/1731786514512671228?s=20

Santos may not have a career in congress anymore, but I have a feeling this is not the last we heard of him, he loves the attention
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1472 on: December 11, 2023, 01:08:51 pm »
alex jones was reinstated on twatter.  to "own the libs", elon held a live-chat with jones, vivek ramaswamy, andrew tate, jackson hinkle, and more - a who's who's of right-wing douchebags, just top-shelf deplorables. at one point vivek excuses himself, forgets to mute his phone, and pees live on air.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1473 on: January 02, 2024, 04:29:00 pm »
Investment giant Fidelity believes the shares it holds of X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, are worth 71.5% less than when Musk first purchased the social media company in October 2022, according to a new securities filing.

nice work, elon...
<sig>

Hutch

« Reply #1474 on: January 02, 2024, 04:59:32 pm »
Investment giant Fidelity believes the shares it holds of X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, are worth 71.5% less than when Musk first purchased the social media company in October 2022, according to a new securities filing.

nice work, elon...

Unless he wants to sell I have no doubt he couldn’t care less….Tesla far dwarfs what he has on the line with Twitter.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/02/tesla-tsla-q4-2023-vehicle-delivery-and-production-numbers.html

I love liberals getting all wet thinking Musk is hurting…
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 06:05:21 pm by Hutch »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1475 on: January 02, 2024, 06:51:25 pm »

nice work, elon...

Unless he wants to sell I have no doubt he couldn’t care less….Tesla far dwarfs what he has on the line with Twitter.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/02/tesla-tsla-q4-2023-vehicle-delivery-and-production-numbers.html

I love liberals getting all wet thinking Musk is hurting…

this isn't about the hit to elon's personal fortune.

dude made $30 billion dollars disappear.  a big chunk of it was other people's money.  he charmed a bunch of financial institutions and mega-investors into lending him money to make the deal happen.  that doesn't make you popular on financial markets.  he's also shown that he puts his ideas and opinions about business strategy ("advertisers can go eff themselves", for example).  net result: the former golden boy has lost his shine.  he's going to have problems he didn't use to have should he ever want to invest again.  having elon musk as a backer of your project isn't the pull it used to be (i can imagine it might even be detrimental in some instances).

elon went into the twitter deal thinking he'd become more influential, powerful, respected.   result has been the opposite, at least among rational business folks.
<sig>

Hutch

« Reply #1476 on: January 02, 2024, 06:55:28 pm »
It hasn’t disappeared until you sell your stock!

Don’t sell your stock until it goes back up.

« Reply #1477 on: January 02, 2024, 09:43:56 pm »
The reports of twitters death are greatly exaggerated.

did he sink the stock in one year? Yes
but he can ride it out. Most companies can't do that and would fail quickly

Now the shareholders might revolt and that could be an issue
he doesn't own more than 10%
Now this could be part of his plan to buy up more while it's way down

Not saying that he's going to be successful, but I still think Twitter is doing OK even with all his mismanagement
Honestly, the stock was way overpriced to begin with

There is sometimes a lot of emotion in stock prices that have nothing to do with logic
trust me look at webvan
slack

Hutch

« Reply #1478 on: January 02, 2024, 11:12:21 pm »
People just like to dump on the guy…Am I happy with the way Musk is running Twitter? Not particularly but I can’t say my experience has changed much except every day I have a random female follower….

Like the whole Trump is so stupid stuff.. or Trump doesn’t want to be President…..stuff that makes liberals feel good

If liberals really think Musk is such a bad person they should stop buying Teslas…yet in Arlington-liberal Mecca- Tesla’s have to be the number one car brand out there…they are everywhere

« Reply #1479 on: January 02, 2024, 11:29:42 pm »
except every day I have a random female follower….
so how confident that the profile pic is the actual person who is following you
slack

« Reply #1480 on: January 02, 2024, 11:30:37 pm »
Although Lara trump calling Neil Young a corporate shill was peak twat today

this was kinda funny too
https://x.com/cynicalzoomer/status/1742367620924334185?s=20
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1481 on: January 03, 2024, 01:24:50 am »

elon took twitter private.  there is no stock for him to buy. 

i'm a little concerned you don't know what you're talking about...
<sig>

« Reply #1482 on: January 03, 2024, 07:37:10 am »

elon took twitter private.  there is no stock for him to buy. 

i'm a little concerned you don't know what you're talking about...

Well if you are just finding that out, let me introduce myself ;)

Not sure how I totally forgot that, I looked up some article that said he was a 9.? % owner (not sure of the date) and somehow managed to not remember he took it private

Do I  need to show you the AUP you signed that clearly read: any statement made by any variation on the ‘hatch’ is considered pure fiction and not usable in a court of law

found it
Elon Musk becomes Twitter's largest shareholder
One of Twitter's loudest critics and most prominent users is now one of its biggest shareholders. Tesla CEO Elon Musk has bought up about 9.2 percent of Twitter, according to a regulatory filing Monday that detailed his stock purchases.Apr 4, 2022

« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 09:50:51 am by Semi-Prime-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1483 on: January 03, 2024, 03:02:45 pm »

« Reply #1484 on: January 03, 2024, 04:56:43 pm »
I love this account

New York Times Pitchbot@DougJBalloon
Harvard University, a giant hedge fund with a long tradition of employing war criminals and admitting nepo babies, has lost its way.
slack