Author Topic: The Groper Thread  (Read 107292 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Groper Thread
« Reply #315 on: November 04, 2021, 02:32:46 pm »
I don’t even know what barstool sports is…. Is it gambling? Buffalo wings?

on the surface, it's a digital media company that centers its content on sports, gambling, and toxic masculinity.  they run a bzillion blogs and produce videos about either sports or T&A (often both).  it's where misogynistic meatheads get their content.

the article has a good analysis of its place in society: "Perpetually tan and bearded, Portnoy has built a half-a-billion-dollar digital-media empire off of sports gambling, crude humor, and barely clothed women. Barstool Sports — whose slogan is "By The Common Man, For The Common Man" — does for digital media what Donald Trump did for politics. It speaks to the masses: no pretension, no highfalutin language, and, notably, no apologies. The company says it reaches an estimated 54 million monthly unique visitors. In 2020, Barstool was valued at $450 million; Portnoy has an estimated net worth of $100 million."
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #316 on: November 04, 2021, 02:51:19 pm »
Thanks.

I had no idea.

Sounds like my worst nightmare.

Yada

« Reply #317 on: November 04, 2021, 02:55:50 pm »
I mean, he's basically king douche bro of the douche clowns, but to be honest, sounds like a witch hunt.

« Reply #318 on: November 04, 2021, 03:06:59 pm »
any surprise surprise...best buds with TFG
slack

« Reply #319 on: November 04, 2021, 03:08:17 pm »
also, he's got a response up on twitter already
https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1456304390566993922?s=20
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #320 on: November 04, 2021, 03:21:37 pm »
so the non-apology apology next?  because if the past tells us anything it's probably just the tip of the iceberg
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #321 on: November 04, 2021, 03:29:10 pm »
I'm sure the wokemob will crucify me for this, but you get what you sign up for dealing with the guy... Do you expect this guy to be a fucking gentelman? THese are 20somethign clout chasers that post semi nudes on IG all day and then expect to be treated properly by the douche king?

Rape... yeah, fuck him and he should be tried and brought to justice. Did he hurt some girls' feelings, well too bad!

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #322 on: November 04, 2021, 04:02:44 pm »
julian is going to be shocked - SHOCKED - at this one...
As I've long said: fuck Dave Portnoy and Barstool. Worst UM grad of all-time and we famously have like 10 serial killers who went there.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #323 on: November 04, 2021, 06:14:59 pm »
I'm sure the wokemob will crucify me for this, but you get what you sign up for dealing with the guy... Do you expect this guy to be a fucking gentelman? THese are 20somethign clout chasers that post semi nudes on IG all day and then expect to be treated properly by the douche king?

Rape... yeah, fuck him and he should be tried and brought to justice. Did he hurt some girls' feelings, well too bad!

the man is a predator.  he uses his wealth and status to intimidate and silence the ladies.  being a douche king does not give you an excuse to abuse women.  taping the girls during sex, knowing that they won't/can't object, is absolutely reprehensible if not criminal.  the man is slime.  there is a hell of a lot more than "hurt feelings" going there.

(i had collected a bunch of quotes from the article about how this monster hurt and abused the women, but i don't want to foist that violence on unsuspecting readers so i deleted it)
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #324 on: November 05, 2021, 10:10:09 am »

the man is a predator.  he uses his wealth and status to intimidate and silence the ladies.  being a douche king does not give you an excuse to abuse women.  taping the girls during sex, knowing that they won't/can't object, is absolutely reprehensible if not criminal.  the man is slime.  there is a hell of a lot more than "hurt feelings" going there.

(i had collected a bunch of quotes from the article about how this monster hurt and abused the women, but i don't want to foist that violence on unsuspecting readers so i deleted it)

Not my hill to die on and as I've said, the guy's a fuckin' tool... BUT... the new normal of an accusation and guilty until proven innocent is a bunch of shit. Portnoy didn't force some IG sloooot to get on a flight, go accross the country, and stay at his home.

Yada

« Reply #325 on: November 05, 2021, 10:38:01 am »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #326 on: November 08, 2021, 05:14:32 am »
the man is a predator.

Not my hill to die on and as I've said, the guy's a fuckin' tool... BUT... the new normal of an accusation and guilty until proven innocent is a bunch of shit.

i hear ya.  if this was one accuser, then i'm with ya.  but when a bunch of women come forth (not an easy thing to do, especially with this douche who has an online army), AND it fits a pattern, i'm admittedly pretty quick to believe the accusers.

Portnoy didn't force some IG sloooot to get on a flight, go accross the country, and stay at his home.

that still didn't give him permission to abuse these women.  what's next - the way in which she was dressed was just asking for it?

per the stories, there was a (criminal?) lack of consent.  he taped sex acts without asking.  he did extreme kinky shit (choking, spitting, etc.) with a first time partner (essentially a stranger) without talking about it first.  ladies said stop, he didn't (aka rape).

agreed that he has not yet been convicted in a court of law.  considering the likelihood of abusers getting jail time for their actions, i think that sometimes we need to get ahead of this type of behavior.  if dude gets a bad reputation as his likely only punishment... well, let's hit him with something.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #327 on: November 08, 2021, 09:14:19 am »
if dude gets a bad reputation as his likely only punishment... well, let's hit him with something.
In the world of the troglodytes who read Barstool, a bad reputation only makes him "more awesome." This is like "cancelling" Dave Chapelle -- guys, it only makes him more money.
LVMH

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #328 on: November 21, 2021, 12:24:17 am »

Definition of Human Butt Debated During Cuomo Deposition

From another link contained in the story linked above (bigger font for easier reading, more line breaks):

Buttocks: The area at the rear of the human body (sometimes referred to as the gluteus maximus) which lies between two imaginary straight lines running parallel to the ground when a Person is standing, the first or top such line being one-half inch below the top of the vertical cleavage of the nates (i.e., the prominence formed by the muscles running from the back of the hip to the back of the leg) and the second or bottom such line being one-half inch above the lowest point of the curvature of the fleshly protuberance (sometimes referred to as the gluteal fold), and between two imaginary straight lines, one on each side of the body (the “outside lines”), which outside lines are perpendicular to the ground and to the horizontal lines described above and which perpendicular outside lines pass through the outermost point(s) at which each nate meets the outer side of each leg. Notwithstanding the above, buttocks shall not include the leg, the hamstring muscle below the gluteal fold, the tensor fasciae latae muscle or any of the above-described portion of the human body that is between either (i) the left outside perpendicular line and the left outside perpendicular line or (ii) the right inside perpendicular line and the right outside perpendicular line. For the purpose of the previous sentence the left inside perpendicular line shall be an imaginary straight line on the left side of the anus (i) that is perpendicular to the ground and to the horizontal lines described above and (ii) that is one third of the distance from the anus to the right outside line.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 12:46:02 am by Justin Tonation »
😐 🎶

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #329 on: November 21, 2021, 12:32:16 pm »

Definition of Human Butt Debated During Cuomo Deposition

From another link contained in the story linked above (bigger font for easier reading, more line breaks):

Buttocks: The area at the rear of the human body (sometimes referred to as the gluteus maximus) which lies between two imaginary straight lines running parallel to the ground when a Person is standing, the first or top such line being one-half inch below the top of the vertical cleavage of the nates (i.e., the prominence formed by the muscles running from the back of the hip to the back of the leg) and the second or bottom such line being one-half inch above the lowest point of the curvature of the fleshly protuberance (sometimes referred to as the gluteal fold), and between two imaginary straight lines, one on each side of the body (the “outside lines”), which outside lines are perpendicular to the ground and to the horizontal lines described above and which perpendicular outside lines pass through the outermost point(s) at which each nate meets the outer side of each leg. Notwithstanding the above, buttocks shall not include the leg, the hamstring muscle below the gluteal fold, the tensor fasciae latae muscle or any of the above-described portion of the human body that is between either (i) the left outside perpendicular line and the left outside perpendicular line or (ii) the right inside perpendicular line and the right outside perpendicular line. For the purpose of the previous sentence the left inside perpendicular line shall be an imaginary straight line on the left side of the anus (i) that is perpendicular to the ground and to the horizontal lines described above and (ii) that is one third of the distance from the anus to the right outside line.

Leading contender for POTY.