Author Topic: Belly up, fired, and retired  (Read 373765 times)

Re: Belly up, fired, and retired
« Reply #585 on: July 22, 2020, 09:28:46 am »
When Hutch posted that thing in the Groper thread, I was like 'who is burger records, I never hear of them"
but they released a surprising number of well known artists

apparently it's not only mgmt but some of the artists are implicated too
the Growlers and the Black Lips two of the high profile ones

Many of these artists are boardie favs

The Black Lips
    Brian Jonestown Massacre
    Cherry Glazerr
    Diarrhea Planet
    Dead Fucking Last
    FIDLAR
    The Growlers
    King Kahn
    Mikal Cronin
    The Muffs
    OFF!
    The Pharcyde
    The Plimsouls
    Redd Kross
    Ryan Adams
    Shannon and the Clams
    Tobin Sprout
    Thee Oh Sees
    Turbonegro
    Ty Segall

Burger Records

which didn't actually have contracts with any of it's bands...

So is this why so many artists were on their label, because they just released a one-off cassette or something?
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #586 on: July 22, 2020, 09:51:31 am »
Yeah I think the one off limited edition cassettes were a big part of why so many bands that were on their "roster".

They may been just doing manufacturing for bands which why no contracts were involved.

They also did digital distribution as they pulled all their catalog from the streaming services, but the bands were free to put it back on their own. 

but wow what a huge mess that turned out to be...
T.Rex

« Reply #587 on: July 23, 2020, 11:46:59 am »
The New York Post spotted Michael Cohen, who was released from federal prison in May to serve his sentence at home because of the pandemic, dining out Thursday night on the Upper East Side.

Why it matters: Legal experts told the paper that the meal may cost Cohen his freedom.
(Reuters) - Micheal Cohen, the former personal attorney for U.S. President Donald Trump, was taken into custody on Thursday, according to a lawyer for Cohen.
Michael Cohen was presented with 8 terms of home confinement this morning, 1 of which required him to agree not to talk to media, not to tweet or publish a book. He wouldn't agree and, after going back and forth for an hour and a half, was handcuffed, according to Lanny Davis
a federal judge has ordered that Michael Cohen be released from prison by tomorrow, saying the book publication restriction was "retaliatory."
slack

hutch

« Reply #588 on: July 23, 2020, 05:40:41 pm »
Jacksonville part of Republican convention

« Reply #589 on: July 25, 2020, 08:33:00 am »
This is was my go to place for food before black cat shows

The Amsterdam Falafelshop on 14th Street
slack

hutch

« Reply #590 on: July 25, 2020, 09:33:50 am »
Let’s hope the Black Cat survives

hutch

« Reply #591 on: July 25, 2020, 09:55:02 pm »
Ann Taylor

analogfossa

« Reply #592 on: July 30, 2020, 08:38:38 am »
Ian Svenonius of The Make-Up and Chain & The Gang.
https://www.brooklynvegan.com/merge-records-cuts-ties-with-ian-svenonius/

Also Avi of Avi Buffalo

hutch

« Reply #593 on: July 30, 2020, 08:43:36 am »
Shouldn’t they go on the “Just cancelled” thread? Or “Groper”?

« Reply #594 on: July 30, 2020, 08:44:47 am »

Also Avi of Avi Buffalo
He was also one of the opening acts (DJ) at the Anthem opening and kind of a giant in the DC music scene
could have gone in groper thread

he wrote in a since-deleted post to Instagram. "I want to use this forum to say that i support people speaking out for the eradication of abusive predatory modes and also that i am absolutely one of the guilty parties. That, through my narcissism, egotism, and thoughtlessness, i have acted the creep. That i have made people i cared about and respected feel terrible, have been completely inappropriate to women."
[/b]
slack

hutch

« Reply #595 on: July 30, 2020, 08:53:01 am »
Yeah I been following this

And I remember him DJing at Anthem

Sad...I haven’t read the actual deeds he allegedly committed...I don’t have the ❤️

analogfossa

« Reply #596 on: July 30, 2020, 12:43:40 pm »

Also Avi of Avi Buffalo
He was also one of the opening acts (DJ) at the Anthem opening and kind of a giant in the DC music scene

he wrote in a since-deleted post to Instagram. "I want to use this forum to say that i support people speaking out for the eradication of abusive predatory modes and also that i am absolutely one of the guilty parties. That, through my narcissism, egotism, and thoughtlessness, i have acted the creep. That i have made people i cared about and respected feel terrible, have been completely inappropriate to women."
[/b]
Meh, ever since we started treating Just Announced like a catch-all for any news topic, I see no reason to keep topics confined to one thread.

« Reply #597 on: July 30, 2020, 01:55:25 pm »

Also Avi of Avi Buffalo

[/b]
Meh, ever since we started treating Just Announced like a catch-all for any news topic, I see no reason to keep topics confined to one thread.
dude, I'm pretty much ok with Anarchy in the streets...
but here, this place is sacred, how dare you sully this perfection :)
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #598 on: July 30, 2020, 02:04:08 pm »

Also Avi of Avi Buffalo

[/b]
Agreed. Let’s cross post this in Hey Seth as well.
LVMH

« Reply #599 on: July 30, 2020, 02:20:09 pm »
Jules, when the concert start up again, I have a feeling that Seth is going to have these posted at the venues with your pic
slack