Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 453839 times)

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #2370 on: July 15, 2020, 05:40:17 pm »
barry too....I"m still noticing that no MAGA's are getting it
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2371 on: July 15, 2020, 06:08:52 pm »
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #2372 on: July 15, 2020, 09:26:11 pm »
Man....no wonder Trump shitcanned Parscale

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3666

« Reply #2373 on: July 15, 2020, 09:31:42 pm »
slack

hutch

« Reply #2374 on: July 15, 2020, 09:34:02 pm »
The poll or Parscale?

« Reply #2375 on: July 15, 2020, 09:48:57 pm »
slack

hutch

« Reply #2376 on: July 15, 2020, 11:24:32 pm »
Because he is a jerk?
I guess it’s enjoyable to watch him lose his job - I enjoy it-but am guessing Parscale will continue receiving millions for the digital ad buys he does...I understand Brad has personally profited in the tens of millions. When Trump fires someone on his campaign he always seems to keep them around with a different title so Brad stays...

I am old enough to remember Trump’s last presidential campaign where he changed campaign manager at least two times and “won”

The real good news is that poll...I mean 110 days out Trump’s support appears to be taking a major hit. I think Trump has about 50 days to reverse things....or his loss will be on an epic scale.

I hope democrats are doing some thinking - parallel to running the campaign- on what they intend to do come January 2021. Even if Trump loses he, Republicans, FOX and deplorables are not going to melt away and the idea we can go back to the halcyon pre-Trump days is a fantasy. I think odds are Trump himself or one of his children will run in 2024. Biden has to not just get elected...he needs to have a successful presidency.

hutch

« Reply #2377 on: July 15, 2020, 11:44:31 pm »
I should add: I think Trump gets kickbacks on a lot of money he directs to others so if we hear Brad has gotten $20 million or whatever crazy number I kind of think he probably has to kick back a bunch Trump’s way.

I think a lot of the business of the campaign and government works in this manner under Trump.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2378 on: July 16, 2020, 01:58:41 am »
I am old enough to remember Trump’s last presidential campaign

oh please regale us with stories of the olden days, grandpa!  ;D 

I think a lot of the business of the campaign and government works in this manner under Trump.

this administration is a criminal enterprise, through and through.  look at how many millions trump himself has pulled in via the old post office hotel.  internal memos leaked from 2016 campaign officials saying that the inflated prices they were charging themselves were downright embarrassing.  but he's gotten away with it for 4 years... i'm hoping we learn a lot more once this thief is out of office and loses the protections he needs to keep everything on the DL.
<sig>

« Reply #2379 on: July 16, 2020, 09:12:36 am »
Because he is a jerk?
I guess it’s enjoyable to watch him lose his job - I enjoy it-but am guessing Parscale will continue receiving millions for the digital ad buys he does...I understand Brad has personally profited in the tens of millions. When Trump fires someone on his campaign he always seems to keep them around with a different title so Brad stays...
Mostly, yes
I'm reading that  per FEC filings, Parscale Strategy LLC (& previously Giles-Parscale) have been paid nearly $12 million by the Trump campaign since 2017. Parscale Strategy was also paid over $25.5 million by the RNC since 2017.

In addition, Brad didn't get fired, just got a new job...so his company is still getting paid

Of course there is grift and payback...her's one example
 By keeping Parscale on with the campaign in that "digital and data" role, it lets the campaign keep paying Parscale's company ... which secretly pays one Trump son's wife and other son's girlfriend $180,000 a year, off the FEC books.

Ok this is meta
Brad posts a pick of the death star as  this tweet
For nearly three years we have been building a juggernaut campaign (Death Star). It is firing on all cylinders.  Data, Digital, TV, Political, Surrogates, Coalitions, etc.

In a few days we start pressing FIRE for the first time.

then Mark Hammil reminds him "brad but I have to tell you: the Death Star had a slight design flaw ."
https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/1283580842271334401
slack

« Reply #2380 on: July 16, 2020, 02:21:54 pm »
I'm a lefty, there is no doubt.
But in this latest cycle, a new ally has popped out from the oddest of origins.  I'm of course talking about the Lincoln Project.

People have been giving Dems who support the LP a lot of flack, but I live by the philosophy that in this 2020 'war' that an enemy of my enemy is a friend of mine
Honestly, I think there are a lot liberal groups that are just angry they are not getting money more than the help they are getting.  But they keep painting as "beware when they start using that money to take down Obmacare and put kids in cages" threat

This article (written by Pod Save America's Dan "the phife" Pfeiffer) does a great job of breaking things down
https://crooked.com/articles/lincoln-project-friend-fraud/

it makes sense that Democrats are thrilled at the idea that a group of Super Villains has agreed to team up with us to take on the existential threat that Trump presents. Despite some of the backlash, supporting the Lincoln Project is not a de facto endorsement of the neoconservative policies of their former clients. The stakes are too high in this election to litmus tests allies, but the attention the Lincoln Project has received doesn’t match their actual impact.

I agree that some of their tactics aren't actually impacting voters, but just going viral on already hard leaning D-voters
But at the same time, they know how to reach the middle and the light-conservatives
and isn't that what it's all about?  I don't think there is a single registered dem that isn't voting Biden

I think in this new era of social media, different than when you had to pay for an ad to get viewed
that the impact of having some of these very compelling vids to forward to your conservative-military type relatives might actual have an impact
as these ads talk in their kind of language

I think the best part of the lincoln project is they don't have to worry about punching below the belt at all
I think there would be zero blowback to Biden or any down-ballot tickets, zero.
They are obviously getting under trumps skin...which only helps as he wastes cycles talking about them
So let them take those nasty digs like ALL of the conservatives do to the Dems (but then whine when some derogatory comment is made)

full disclosure, I've twice sent them $5
(fitting that Lincoln is on the $5 bill...I guess I could send a penny too;) )
slack

hutch

« Reply #2381 on: July 16, 2020, 02:36:16 pm »
I love the Lincoln Project!

At the same think the Republican Party has been a problem going back to Newt Gingrich. Some people want to say they were fine until Trump. I just don’t see it that way. The Iraq War is exhibit A. They arguably gave rise to Trump. I see Republicans as an enemy. A group of people with no redeeming qualities that needs to be eliminated. They see me that way! If we don’t begin to understand they are the enemy they will destroy America and us.

We really are in a civil “war” of sorts and need to wake up

hutch

« Reply #2382 on: July 16, 2020, 02:40:31 pm »

« Reply #2383 on: July 16, 2020, 02:42:46 pm »
honestly, it starts at Atwater   (never knew that he help found Red Hot & Blue BBQ)
but they went full-on dirty pool and all about the liberal tears when Newt took power

but I still hear conservatives today talking about 'starving the beast' and 'name one thing the government does right'
slack

« Reply #2384 on: July 16, 2020, 02:44:34 pm »
Oh no Sidehatch!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/16/politics/supreme-court-florida-felons/index.html
FUCK! 

I thought some rich dude offered to pay all those fines

this org is doing it...I might lend a hand to this org to put my money where my mouth is

https://wegotthevote.org/finesandfees/
good news is they've already raised $600k...bad news is they are only 78% there
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 03:11:13 pm by we need boradie loyalty testsıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lıl »
slack