Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 458138 times)

nkotb

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #510 on: May 09, 2019, 10:16:39 am »
^so again with the pointing guns at your own team....but I'm starting to think you are on the 'destroy the Democratic party team'

If they're going to continue to be sell-outs and corporate shills, then yes, push them into a volcano. 

But I truly believe with a little refocus they could be good! I think there are a lot of people that really want to fight the good fight for working people, but that the Dems that want to take big money from donors and do their bidding are digging in their heels because they see a threat to their gravy train. I definitely don't think that any of them automatically earn my vote or respect because they have D next to their name.

I do think Obama was kind of a shitty president in the long run. Practically everyone of his big achievements have been overturned (except ACA but that's been a victim of its own kowtowing to the insurance industry).  Lots of what he ran on didn't come to pass due to his own tail-tucking.  Most people deported under any other president (yes, the definition changed, but still...). Flying murder bots raining hellfire on weddings.  Zero people facing accountability for collapsing the economy or for torture under GWB.  Those things, to me, are bad!

Look, I get he was stone-walled a lot. But he also tried to find common ground with a bunch of maniacs that would refuse anything he offered. SO fuck them and stand for what you believe in. And I do think his shift between campaign rhetoric and what he did as president is a big reason why like 1,000 seats were lost during his term.

I think thats the crux of what these dummies are missing.  I think people aren't willing to as easily accept the lesser of two evils, and more so voters aren't showing up when they're not given a champion. 

staff on campaigns are historically underpaid (if paid at all) and overworked...and I don't have a problem with that

Well, historically kids could work in factories, but that was a bummer and people changed it. I can't really accept that staffers get underpaid or not paid at all. That's garbage and if a candidate does it, I think it speaks volumes to their actual beliefs.

nkotb

« Reply #511 on: May 09, 2019, 10:17:12 am »
TL;DR version:

Agreed...give voters something to motivate them to show up at the polls. Right now, I don't think more than 2 or 3 of them actually are.

« Reply #512 on: May 09, 2019, 10:38:23 am »
staff on campaigns are historically underpaid (if paid at all) and overworked...and I don't have a problem with that

Well, historically kids could work in factories, but that was a bummer and people changed it. I can't really accept that staffers get underpaid or not paid at all. That's garbage and if a candidate does it, I think it speaks volumes to their actual beliefs.
totally disagree and equating kids in factories to campaign staffers is insane
I don't have a problem with people working for a campaign being overworked and underpaid
If you believe in the candidate, put your money where your mouth is
different if you are working to put food on the table for a family...if your family can't afford to have you working on a campaign...the buck up buddy and take care of your family first. 
slack

« Reply #513 on: May 09, 2019, 12:57:52 pm »
can you believe it has only been about ~100 days since the government shutdown ended!
to me it seems like a decade ago...(I had to go look up what happened in the end of January for his poor poll numbers!)

The Congressional Budget Office estimated the shutdown cost the American economy at least $11 billion!

I note this as it was the high point for Trump disapproval (57%) and his lowest approval (39%)

gotta imagine the independent voter hated that and we should really use it
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #514 on: May 09, 2019, 01:52:59 pm »
there are maybe like 3 actual Never Trump Republicans out there in total. 
  lets be clear...these are elected officials who will do anything to keep their job...not voters

elected officials are voters, too.  a vote is a vote.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #515 on: May 09, 2019, 02:11:53 pm »
elected officials are voters, too.  a vote is a vote.

In the Electoral College system, this is only true depending on what state you live in.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #516 on: May 09, 2019, 02:35:15 pm »
<sig>

« Reply #517 on: May 10, 2019, 11:30:54 am »
Lot of Trump States are getting a major impact by this trade war with china
2020 is far enough away that the long term impact will be felt by voters

This could be the thread that unravels his 'great economy' benefit he has into 2020

'nother thing the Dems could focus on ...REAL PLANS for job retraining of Americans in poor areas
forget manufacturing and COAL...people hate those jobs to begin with, but that's all they can do

States where automation will wipe out the most jobs in the U.S.

The five states with the highest share of at-risk jobs are Indiana (29%), Kentucky (29%), South Dakota (28%), Arkansas (28%), and Iowa (28%) — all of which went for President Trump in 2016.
Compare that to the bottom five: New York (20%), Maryland (20%), Massachusetts (21%), Connecticut (22%) and New Mexico (22%), all of which went for Hillary Clinton.

I'm also a big fan of mandatory civil service for 18 year olds (could be the mil, but also Teach4America, peace corps, even working for your local city gov't)
this could really change everything 20 years down the road
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 12:58:23 pm by stollen-hätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #518 on: May 10, 2019, 01:57:00 pm »
Joe...the right can't seem to stop talking about Hunter
...and some not so kosher international dealings in the Ukraine and china....what say you about these allegations
good news joe.
Ukrainian official knocks down Biden conflict scandal promoted by Rudy Giuliani

I love how trump was spinning this
Trump himself said on Fox News: "Sure, I’m hearing it’s a major scandal, major problem. I hope for him it is fake news. I don’t think it is."

So Goul-iani is making a special trip to the Ukraine to 'get to the bottom of this'
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/10/politics/giuliani-ukraine-biden/index.html

Giuliani said he's meeting in his capacity as the President's personal lawyer and helping to defend his client.
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #519 on: May 10, 2019, 02:22:42 pm »
the Ukraine

TAN: usually i have my lawyer take care of these things, but i believe he's out today so: please don't call it "The Ukraine".  it's just "Ukraine".
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #520 on: May 10, 2019, 02:25:54 pm »
Ukraine is game to you!?
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #521 on: May 10, 2019, 02:42:26 pm »
^ i lol'ed.
<sig>

« Reply #522 on: May 10, 2019, 02:46:11 pm »
Ukraine is game to you!?
I was getting ready to put the gif of them on the train playing risk
slack

vansmack

« Reply #523 on: May 10, 2019, 03:27:35 pm »
TAN: usually i have my lawyer take care of these things, but i believe he's out today so: please don't call it "The Ukraine".  it's just "Ukraine".

Off to The Siberia for Sidehatch....
27>34

« Reply #524 on: May 10, 2019, 03:41:05 pm »

Off to The Siberia for Sidehatch....
that The Sidehätch to you buddy!
slack