Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 435589 times)

gavroche

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #675 on: June 14, 2019, 01:20:34 pm »
Those who did not meet the threshold for the first debate include: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock; former Alaska Sen. Mike Gravel; Miramar, Florida Mayor Wayne Messam; and Rep. Seth Moulton of Massachusetts.

Gotta admit that I'm deeply disappointed that Mike Gravel didn't make the stage: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/06/magazine/mike-gravel-teens-twitter-presidential-campaign.html

I'd trade in Swalwell any day (I still miss you "Pete" Stark)!

Space Freely

« Reply #676 on: June 14, 2019, 02:15:19 pm »
June 26 lineup: Cory Booker, Julián Castro, John Delaney, Bill de Blasio, Tulsi Gabbard, Jay Inslee, Amy Klobuchar, Beto O’Rourke, Tim Ryan, Elizabeth Warren

June 27 lineup: Michael Bennet, Joe Biden, Pete Buttigieg, Kirsten Gillibrand, Kamala Harris, John Hickenlooper, Bernie Sanders, Eric Swalwell, Marianne Williamson

What network(s) is this going to be on and what time Aloha time? We don't normally have cable, but we might on vacation. That's assuming I can tear myself away from watching Steph Curry's new mini golf show.

nkotb

« Reply #677 on: June 14, 2019, 02:28:15 pm »
From what the teens say, they're on the path to get into the second debate (fingers crossed).  Also interesting to put Bernie and Warren on separate nights initially. They're the only two substantially different from the mob IMO...and would probably wind up agreeing more than disagreeing.  It'll be nice to have them push back on the centrist, corporate friendly folks right off the bat.

Those who did not meet the threshold for the first debate include: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock; former Alaska Sen. Mike Gravel; Miramar, Florida Mayor Wayne Messam; and Rep. Seth Moulton of Massachusetts.

Gotta admit that I'm deeply disappointed that Mike Gravel didn't make the stage: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/06/magazine/mike-gravel-teens-twitter-presidential-campaign.html

I'd trade in Swalwell any day (I still miss you "Pete" Stark)!

vansmack

« Reply #678 on: June 14, 2019, 02:46:14 pm »
What network(s) is this going to be on and what time Aloha time? We don't normally have cable, but we might on vacation. That's assuming I can tear myself away from watching Steph Curry's new mini golf show.

You just gave me a great idea!  I'm going to invent something where you can type in queries and get answers "instantly."  And if it works, I'm going to make it work by voice on any device!
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #679 on: June 14, 2019, 02:50:32 pm »
Also interesting to put Bernie and Warren on separate nights initially. They're the only two substantially different from the mob IMO...and would probably wind up agreeing more than disagreeing.  It'll be nice to have them push back on the centrist, corporate friendly folks right off the bat.

Before the conspiracy theories start, it was by lottery and made certain that those with above 2% were equally distributed across the two nights with those with less.  Representatives from all candidates were present.
27>34

nkotb

« Reply #680 on: June 14, 2019, 02:54:34 pm »
No conspiracy theories on my end.  I probably should've phrased it as "also interesting that Bernie and warren...".  I think this benefits both of them early on.

Also interesting to put Bernie and Warren on separate nights initially. They're the only two substantially different from the mob IMO...and would probably wind up agreeing more than disagreeing.  It'll be nice to have them push back on the centrist, corporate friendly folks right off the bat.

Before the conspiracy theories start, it was by lottery and made certain that those with above 2% were equally distributed across the two nights with those with less.  Representatives from all candidates were present.

nkotb

« Reply #681 on: June 19, 2019, 01:19:03 pm »
Man, you make one little comment about how cool it is to pal around with segregationists and suddenly everyone is against you?!?! WTF!

« Reply #682 on: June 19, 2019, 01:37:50 pm »
I assume this is at Mitch...but don't know the details
slack

« Reply #684 on: June 19, 2019, 02:28:04 pm »
here we go pointing our guns at each other

Hard to have been in the senate in the early 70s and not work with an outright racist in order to make compromises

My prediction is Joe is not long for this race
he has waaay too much baggage from a generation ago that the new left despises and are going to continue to point out every chance they or some dem-bro points out on twitter

I don't agree with Hutch that Joe is our only way to take PA/MI
I think plenty of these candidates can have support in the rust belt...just be wary of going too far left is my opnion

slack

nkotb

« Reply #685 on: June 19, 2019, 02:31:06 pm »
We should definitely point our (figurative, folks!) guns at Joe Biden.

here we go pointing our guns at each other

Hard to have been in the senate in the early 70s and not work with an outright racist in order to make compromises

My prediction is Joe is not long for this race
he has waaay too much baggage from a generation ago that the new left despises and are going to continue to point out every chance they or some dem-bro points out on twitter

I don't agree with Hutch that Joe is our only way to take PA/MI
I think plenty of these candidates can have support in the rust belt...just be wary of going too far left is my opnion

« Reply #686 on: June 19, 2019, 02:41:04 pm »
Why...wouldn't it just be better to appeal to the voters that you (insert candidate) are the right choice
we don't have to play by the GOP playbook

I really think the Dem primary should be ranked choice
as a lot of people are convinced the 'safe bet' is biden and won't vote for who they really want
slack

vansmack

« Reply #687 on: June 19, 2019, 03:36:34 pm »
Yawn.
27>34

nkotb

« Reply #688 on: June 19, 2019, 03:48:21 pm »
Look, it's not like anyone is digging up dirt on old Joe...he's doing the job himself.   But personally, I'd prefer the DNC learn a lesson from 2016, but so far, it doesn't seem to be the case. I mean, hell...a lot of these folks have bad ideas IMO, but at least they don't have the baggage or sexist/racist gaffes Joe does. That's a recipe for disaster.

Why...wouldn't it just be better to appeal to the voters that you (insert candidate) are the right choice
we don't have to play by the GOP playbook

I really think the Dem primary should be ranked choice
as a lot of people are convinced the 'safe bet' is biden and won't vote for who they really want

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #689 on: June 19, 2019, 03:52:31 pm »
I'm glad Julian's America died after writing an article where I said if DFA1979 ever tried to cross the boarder into Julian's America, our guards would shoot him onside so that years later nkotb would have the wherewithal to clarify he doesn't actually want someone to assassinate Joe Biden.
LVMH