Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 435933 times)

vansmack

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #690 on: June 19, 2019, 04:48:43 pm »
But personally, I'd prefer the DNC learn a lesson from 2016, but so far, it doesn't seem to be the case. I mean, hell...a lot of these folks have bad ideas IMO, but at least they don't have the baggage or sexist/racist gaffes Joe does. That's a recipe for disaster.

Yes!  Fuck the DNC!  The real enemy!

Definitely not that guy in the White House!
27>34

nkotb

« Reply #691 on: June 20, 2019, 08:29:51 am »
Just because one thing is bad doesn't mean the other is good.

I have plans to absolutely drop what i'm doing the second Trump dies and head to the first bar I can find to buy a round for everyone.  And beyond a few of the folks running, I'm probably 85% certain I'll vote for whoever wins the nomination

But if the DNC doesn't get it's act together, they're going to make small gains (if any!) and make something much worse than Trump.  I don't think they've really acknowledged how much responsibility they have for how bad things are.

But personally, I'd prefer the DNC learn a lesson from 2016, but so far, it doesn't seem to be the case. I mean, hell...a lot of these folks have bad ideas IMO, but at least they don't have the baggage or sexist/racist gaffes Joe does. That's a recipe for disaster.

« Reply #692 on: June 20, 2019, 08:34:20 am »

seriously this is my point
Joe has baggage, but why do the dem's have to point it out and make it look like a cat fight
the media and Team trump will do enough it to fill everyone's mind

I will say that I though the DNA test thing warren did would have been her undoing
but she seems to be holding strong and getting lots of support

I know NKOTB is going to whine, but I don't think the primary voters are going to fall in love with Bernie
I think he has a strong base, but it has a ceiling and it's not very high IMO
I really like a lot of his ideas, but don't think he's going to cross the finish line

Pete too, he's getting a lot of attention now, but this won't last.  He really is perfect for the democratic party and I look forward to him as a future leader.  He also seems like the kind of guy who will be scandal free

Yikes...just read this The president said he was thinking about live-tweeting the upcoming Democratic presidential debates
going to be like shooting fish in a barrel :(
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 09:43:52 am by SideHatch-Act ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #693 on: June 20, 2019, 09:46:22 am »
I'm probably 85% certain I'll vote for whoever wins the nomination

I don't think they've really acknowledged how much responsibility they have for how bad things are.
yikes dude, there is not a single D (well gravel and maybe manchin) that is worse that Trump
you have to have the power to make change (internally as well)
but that you would not vote or vote for trump because you didn't get the perfect dem is pure insanity

stop smoking crack during the work day
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 09:59:11 am by SideHatch-Act ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #694 on: June 20, 2019, 10:03:31 am »
so modest, not sure why you aren't going to be on the debate stage in a few weeks

There is no room in either party for a pragmatic centrist with socially liberal stances, matched with fiscal conservatism.
I don't know man...I think there is a demand for this
Not sure you'd want all 18k posts dug up by brietbart and shared with the world
slack

nkotb

« Reply #695 on: June 20, 2019, 02:06:37 pm »
85% is pretty high, I think, especially given I couldn't tell you word one about a handful of them and two (Hickenlooper and Delaney) i only know about for them getting booed.!  But just because I'm not sold on any of these folks doesn't mean I would ever vote for Trump, or any Republican, for that matter.  Fuck those guys into the sun.

Even though i think centrism is going to be the death of us all, there's a lot I'd be willing to bend for in the general, but the environment isn't one.  At this point, anyone that's not full tilt into throwing all resources behind it isn't getting my vote.  Half-measures here are the same as climate denial at this point.

I'm probably 85% certain I'll vote for whoever wins the nomination

I don't think they've really acknowledged how much responsibility they have for how bad things are.
yikes dude, there is not a single D (well gravel and maybe manchin) that is worse that Trump
you have to have the power to make change (internally as well)
but that you would not vote or vote for trump because you didn't get the perfect dem is pure insanity

stop smoking crack during the work day

nkotb

« Reply #696 on: June 20, 2019, 02:07:34 pm »
Unrelated, I did finally hear Old Town Road this morning (albeit from a 3rd grade ukulele concert) and I think it's safe to say I hate it yet somehow it still slaps.  Perfect song.

« Reply #697 on: June 20, 2019, 02:19:54 pm »
Half-measures here are the same as climate denial at this point.
agree, but my feeling is ...get this shit done once we have regained the Exec and hopefully the senate
I don't think grandiose statements on achieving zero emissions by 2024 is needed.  I think showing that it is an important part of your platform and some outlines of how you'd do it

Like it or not...the undecideds get to decide these elections and in the end we need to make sure they vote and vote D

slack

« Reply #698 on: June 20, 2019, 03:42:55 pm »
even with the Trump dis...alleged pedophile Roy Moore announces he's running for Alabama Senate seat
slack

« Reply #699 on: June 21, 2019, 08:58:25 am »
most things about joe I like...but his hatred of raves....is unconscionable
Biden hates Raves
slack

gavroche

« Reply #700 on: June 21, 2019, 10:30:31 am »

Like it or not...the undecideds get to decide these elections and in the end we need to make sure they vote and vote D

This is a debatable statement.  The R's definitely don't think so, or they wouldn't be working so hard to suppress voters. Trump certainly hasn't been playing to the undecided either.

« Reply #701 on: June 21, 2019, 10:42:00 am »

This is a debatable statement.  The R's definitely don't think so, or they wouldn't be working so hard to suppress voters. Trump certainly hasn't been playing to the undecided either.
I'm sure you have more intimate knowledge on this topic than I...but 2016 was decided by the undecided

Trump won voters who decided in the last week of the campaign by a 59-30 margin in Wisconsin, 55-38 in Florida, 54-37 in Pennsylvania and 50-39 in Michigan, according to exit polls, which was enough to flip the outcome of those four states and their 75 combined electoral votes.

but you are right, Trump doesn't think he needs them (which frankly is crazy, but that's on brand)
Donald Trump is confident his core coalition of die-hard supporters can propel him to a second term in the White House, asserting in a new interview that he may not even bother reaching out to swing voters in his reelection campaign.

“I think my base is so strong, I’m not sure that I have to do that,”
slack

vansmack

« Reply #702 on: June 21, 2019, 05:16:30 pm »
Do you know who doesn't use the ballot box as a protest vote?

Republicans.  That's how they got George W. Bush and Donald Trump.

You can hate the system all you want, but if you don't fix it by election day, then you deserve what you get by protest voting on election day.
27>34

gavroche

« Reply #703 on: June 22, 2019, 08:47:36 am »
Do you know who doesn't use the ballot box as a protest vote?

Republicans.  That's how they got George W. Bush and Donald Trump.

Republicans have no problem protesting at the voter box, in the primaries (see Eric Cantor).  Even Trump was a protest vote in the primaries.  They do, however, seem more united in never voting for a Democrat. 

Worth noting, however, that the libertarians are consistently the strongest performing 3rd party, not the greens. 

« Reply #704 on: June 24, 2019, 03:48:32 pm »
then there was 25
Former Rep. Joe Sestak, a Navy veteran who twice ran unsuccessfully for a Senate seat in Pennsylvania, is now the 25th entrant into the Democratic presidential primary.

not a enticing bio...
slack