Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 444727 times)

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2019, 03:29:31 pm »
Fine...I would vote for her against Trump but would not canvass or donate

I have no opinion on her. Why do you feel the way you do about her?

In her memoir, she called Arlington, "a soulless suburb."

so she's honest... how is that a negative?

I object! Another strike against here....
she is DEAD to me now...how dare she

and the wapo agrees!  ...they are DEAD too
Kirsten Gillibrand shouldn’t apologize. Arlington really is 'soulless.

tho...this is accurate and the street map is an incoherent and baffling series of dead-ending curlicues reminiscent of a bowl of spaghetti. and this Arlington also lacks a physical center,
But I will say this article is bullshit as we have TONS of trees, sidewalks and bike lanes/paths
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 03:39:15 pm by hatchberder ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

vansmack

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2019, 05:08:14 pm »
She's my leading candidate now.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2019, 10:46:47 pm »
Well she is absolutely ruthless...I can see how that would appeal to you...

She came to congress as a blue dog democrat... now she has repositioned herself as a liberal...

Progressives can't stand her (they probably hate her more than any candidate other than Tulsi Gabbard) and this election progressives are going to have an even bigger impact than last time..the party has moved to the left.... I suppose the only real shot at stopping a progressive is probably Biden.. unless you define Harris as a more centrist democrat..

I have talked to democrats that can't stand Gillibrand because of the way she threw Franken under the  bus..

In a primary process with so many candidates maybe anything can happen though...

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2019, 09:52:06 am »
in good news....Just 30 percent of registered voters said they will definitely vote for Trump in 2020, while 57 percent said they will definitely vote against him.
Although I agree this means nothing, but makes me feel a little better that he won't get reelected
slack

hutch

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2019, 10:06:53 am »
If democrats just put up Biden without any primaries he would beat Trump but after 18 months of primaries and bloodshed and the media who knows what emerges....

You are right it means nothing...I recall Feb 2006 we were all convinced McCain would defeat Hillary for the presidency

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2019, 10:07:19 am »
Blaming Gillibrand for Franken's bad behavior is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I weep for a Democratic voting bloc that makes it because its horseshit. The people who are arguing it are amoral shitheads.

Franken acknowledged that he made mistakes (while qualifying that with "I don't remember all of these alleged incidences"), called for an ethics investigation into himself, and then resigned. His behavior was bad and Gillibrand did not make him do it. She was right to call his behavior deplorable because -- and here's the thing-- it was, the same way Trump (who should also resign) and Roy Moore's behavior was deplorable. But what Gillibrand did not do is make Franken do is resign. He is -- what the kids refer to as -- "a grown ass man." Kirsten Gillibrand didn't make him do jackshit; I must have missed that photo of her putting him in an armbar on the Senate floor and making him tap out. She called on a person who should resign to resign and then he did. Fin.

If you want to know how far we still have to go on sexual issues look no further then our 9:30 Virtue Signaler in Chief literally shitting on a woman for calling for a man to resign, as he should, after his deplorable behavior. This continues the long American tradition (as also seen with Kavanaugh, that Maryland football coach, et al) of nothing being as sacrosanct as rich white guy's job security.

Fuck Al Franken. Mild applause to Kristin Gillibrand. And I say this as someone who very likely would not vote for Gillibrand in a primary.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 10:11:12 am by Julian, Semi-Retired WUNDERKIND »
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2019, 10:10:30 am »
Whatever dude..your usual load of crap....the way to handle Franken was to have an investigation not force him to resign without due process

To compare the Franken case to Kavanaugh is ridiculous...rapes against allegedly  squeezing a butt cheek or a dumb pic

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2019, 10:19:32 am »
Kavanaugh was not accused of any "rapes" by anyone remotely credible (Blasey-Ford alleged a sexual assault the same as Franken's victims), and any attempt to obfuscate the multiple credible accounts of groping by Franken (including by Democratic staffers) is gross.

The point remains, Kristin Gillibrand did not make Al Franken do anything. She was right to call for his resignation and blaming her for his actions or his choice to resign is garbage. I'm so sorry a rich, white guy you agreed with doesn't get to be a Senator anymore. Fucking bitches, eh?

Go tear some tickets.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2019, 10:22:06 am »
Wow...nobody “remotely credible”

Ok...

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2019, 10:28:12 am »
So allegations against Franken aren't actionable until there's an investigation but people who refuse to testify against Kavanaugh who cannot even provide a scintilla of evidence they were in the same building as him at any point in their life and who later admit disavow the claim, that's rock solid gospel? Got it.

Again, sorry a rich white guy you like was held accountable for his deplorable actions. Go back to a dry recitation of what South American acoustic white-label test pressings that none of us care about you're listening to. You're super terrific at that. Hell, you're the GOAT.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 10:30:11 am by Julian, Semi-Retired WUNDERKIND »
LVMH

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2019, 10:34:41 am »
The mental gymnastics it takes to think Trump is unfit to serve because of his sexual assaults and Brett Kavanaugh is unfit to have his job because of his sexual assault allegations but Al Franken WHO RESIGNED OF HIS OWN VOLITION was somehow unfairly punished (by himself??) and its all that evil woman who didn't sexually assault anyone's fault is staggering. And it would be somewhat amusing if this was a view held by some random dude on a nightclub message board but it's downright depressing when it's the view of approximately 20% of the members in the supposedly progressive party of the country.

Al Franken revisionist history is a terrible look for the Dems. The sheer hypocrisy is galling. We should be better than this.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2019, 10:38:33 am »
The mental gymnastics required to equate Trump and Kavanaugh with Franken is astounding but maybe explains why Trump is President, Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court and Franken at home playing with his grandkids.

Space Freely

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2019, 10:41:32 am »
Who knew Julian hated rich white men so much?

hutch

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2019, 10:43:33 am »
Denying Al Franken was forced out....wow

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2019, 10:43:53 am »
Who knew Julian hated rich white men so much?
LOL
LVMH