Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 444249 times)

Space Freely

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #330 on: April 04, 2019, 02:55:40 pm »

TL;DR: we're all jerks.

That was a pretty good post, but to end with we're all jerks is kind of like Trump saying there were some very fine people on both sides in Charlottesville. Space did his homophobic asshole schtick and I called him out on it. He responded by saying that I'm being a politically correct idiot and a fundamentalist religious idiot, which is exactly what Trump would say. So the lesson from Space is, "when I'm making my hilarious homophobic or racist jokes, you're being a fragile snowflake if it bothers you and here's my progressive resume that I'll dick-wave around."

But yeah, we're both to blame here. I'll be a SJW and Space can be a toxic piece of shit. And I doubt anybody would argue with that.

How is calling someone named Buttigieg "Buttplug" homophobic?

It's asshole like you who are going to get Trump re-elected.

« Reply #331 on: April 04, 2019, 03:15:49 pm »
um relaxer...you need to relax

Ilhan Omar got in trouble for implying that US support of Israel is directly related to the influence of jewish money.
as with much things...this is nuanced
but, I'm totally with you
1. I think Israel and Jewish people in general are great...but the are not above reproach and criticism.  For some reason we are in this place where any commentary is Anti-Semitic and it's BS.  I think they have some very Right-Wing policies I don't agree with, I am very opposed to their settlement/occupation tactic and think that the Israel Lobby exerts power on congress I would say is greater than the NRA as they greatly influence both sides.

2. Omar is a target for a long list of things (mostly from the right):  a woman, a monitory, Somalian born immigrant who was granted Assulym ...and most importantly a visible (hijab) member of a religion that the right/faux news has labeled that every member is a terroists:
“Fox & Friends,” co-host Brian Kilmeade claimed in 2010 that “all terrorists are Muslims.”
“Muslim immigration means more Islamic terrorism,” said Pamela Geller on Sean Hannity’s show in 2017.
 Fox News’ perpetuation of anti-Muslim hysteria include pushing the conspiracy that Sharia, a religious framework that Muslims adhere to in everyday life, is set to take over the U.S. government and replace it with a violent, backward legal framework. (No national Muslim organization has ever called for Sharia to supersede American courts. In fact, the sheer idea goes against how Sharia actually works.)
 Newt Gingrich said “test every person here who is of a Muslim background, and if they believe in Sharia, they should be deported,” as he told the network’s Sean Hannity.

I mean it's one thing for some white person to criticize Israel....but a African American Muslim woman in congress...time for the pitchforks

slack

hutch

« Reply #332 on: April 04, 2019, 03:35:49 pm »
I am so clueless...without getting graphic what are buttplugs for? I am racking my brain but I am not coming up with anything

nkotb

« Reply #333 on: April 04, 2019, 03:40:40 pm »
Fingers crossed I didn't miss a Julian's America post about them when I was on board hiatus

I am so clueless...without getting graphic what are buttplugs for? I am racking my brain but I am not coming up with anything

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #334 on: April 04, 2019, 03:52:58 pm »

i strongly recommend that you google "buttplug".
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #335 on: April 04, 2019, 03:58:32 pm »

Here's a good one. Note: Surprisingly fairly safe for work. Note #2: I am not at work today.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/GEA27G36B/drumpf-plug?optionId=59356798&li=more-from-shop

hutch

« Reply #336 on: April 04, 2019, 04:06:48 pm »

It sounds kind of scary....

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #337 on: April 04, 2019, 07:44:35 pm »
definition of a butt plug . . . about eight inches.  try it; you'll agree.

« Reply #338 on: April 05, 2019, 12:28:13 pm »
you really think the liberals with all their tattoos and macbook pros would be better at the meme game....but this one made me chuckle

slack

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #339 on: April 08, 2019, 08:35:23 am »
PETE, PETE, PETE, PETE, PETE, PETE, PETE, PETE, PETE, PETE, PETE, PETE, PETE

« Reply #340 on: April 08, 2019, 10:25:56 am »
Ok...good response to the previous post

slack

« Reply #341 on: April 08, 2019, 01:16:28 pm »
heck...why stop at felons who did their time from voting...
Bernie Sanders: Felons should be able to vote while in prison

this is not going to be an issue that most people can get behind
I think it would be easy to paint dems as 'doing what ever they can do to win' rather then helping out those who did their time
unlike the GOP tactics which are close to criminal and definitely in the spirit of cheating to win

but I did learn this Vermont and Maine are the only states to allow felons currently serving their sentences to vote.
and didn't know the actual details on this until today Voting rights in 36 states and the District of Columbia are restored to felons after they’ve completed the sentences, with the laws varying to factor in parole and probation.
and that it was on the docket in Iowa
Iowa GOP Gov. Kim Reynolds is pushing for a constitutional amendment to allow convicts to have their voting rights restored after they’ve served their sentences. But last week, the Republican-controlled state-Senate torpedoed the plan, likely killing it for the year.

this to is news to me Last April, Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York signed an executive order restoring voting rights for felons on parole. And in 2016, Virginia’s governor at the time, Democrat Terry McAuliffe, took executive action to restore voting rights to former felons

Has me curious how many people have been given rights to vote since 2016...we are talking multiple millions
I know Hutch said they are not a reliable voting bloc....still a lot of citizens who just got their rights restored and may be motivated to exercise that right
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 01:20:30 pm by Sïdehätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #342 on: April 08, 2019, 02:18:56 pm »
this graph says a lot...not sure how Team trump gets minority voters...but they are running out of whites

slack

vansmack

« Reply #343 on: April 08, 2019, 02:25:03 pm »
this graph says a lot...

"Eligible" voters does not equal "likely" voters.   
27>34

« Reply #344 on: April 08, 2019, 04:03:06 pm »
thank ms Hutch for this one....

Pete is a bad ass and speaks with eloquence...as I said before, he may not be 2020...but I predict that he will be the face of the dems in some future elections
slack