Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 444187 times)

hutch

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #375 on: April 15, 2019, 08:47:26 am »
In ten years it will seem like it was a week but for the next 19 months it will seem like an eternity....Personally I think we could not go about the process of electing a president more wrong...

It should be regulated and take three months with a single day primary...

« Reply #376 on: April 15, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
.Personally I think we could not go about the process of electing a president more wrong...

It should be regulated and take three months with a single day primary...
I co-sign that!
slack

« Reply #377 on: April 15, 2019, 12:05:28 pm »
sweet in 2020 VA now has 'no excuse' absentee voting!

https://arlingtondemocrats.org/virginia-to-offer-limited-no-excuses-early-voting-starting-with-2020-presidential-election

In 2020, registered voters can cast a ballot in the Nov. 3 election from Oct. 24-31 without providing an excuse.

Virginia is now one of only 16 U.S. states that requires an excuse to vote absentee

yes a small window, but BETTER THAN NOTHING!
slack

hutch

« Reply #378 on: April 15, 2019, 12:12:56 pm »
The excuse at least in Arlington was always a bit bogus like I might be visiting my sister in PA

But yeah this is good

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #379 on: April 15, 2019, 01:10:39 pm »
be nice to see a state other than Iowa, Kansas, NH or SC dominate the first few primaries.  Those states represent such a skewed profile of the USA it's kind of absurd

don't states like Iowa and NH have "we must be first" in their state constitutions?  so if another state moves before them, they'll just move theirs accordingly to remain first... i could be wrong tho.
<sig>

« Reply #380 on: April 15, 2019, 01:18:33 pm »
be nice to see a state other than Iowa, Kansas, NH or SC dominate the first few primaries.  Those states represent such a skewed profile of the USA it's kind of absurd

don't states like Iowa and NH have "we must be first" in their state constitutions?  so if another state moves before them, they'll just move theirs accordingly to remain first... i could be wrong tho.
even more absurd...
I think there are 1 or 2 ways to do it.
Everyone does primary on the same day...
Or we do it by Time Zone, where there are 4 primaries...that way they could at least campaign regionally for that few weeks leading up to that primary

The system we have now is kinda nuts, my gripes with the Electoral College are well know...but this primary system is probably worse

I also think we should have Ranked choice voting in the primaries
there is good evidence that if the GOP had Ranked choice, Trump would have be comical reference to the 2016 campaign
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #381 on: April 15, 2019, 01:41:02 pm »
so i searched around and couldn't find it, but previously we discussed the possibility of "tapes" of Booty-Judge popping up and ruining his chances... well, some tapes have surfaced - but they aren't what you'd expect:

Secret tapes linger over Buttigieg's meteoric rise

i don't fully understand this story... sounds like he's peripheral and this won't actually touch him?
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #382 on: April 15, 2019, 06:25:33 pm »
it's been long time coming, but it's finally here: a contribution to this thread from the other side.

Bill Weld officially announces he is challenging Trump for GOP nomination in 2020
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 06:36:13 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #383 on: April 15, 2019, 08:31:12 pm »
so i searched around and couldn't find it, but previously we discussed the possibility of "tapes" of Booty-Judge popping up and ruining his chances... well, some tapes have surfaced - but they aren't what you'd expect:

i don't fully understand this story... sounds like he's peripheral and this won't actually touch him?

So peripheral that i couldn't follow it. But it's Spring Break and I've had a few more than 8 ounces.

Space Freely

« Reply #384 on: April 15, 2019, 08:32:11 pm »
it's been long time coming, but it's finally here: a contribution to this thread from the other side.

Bill Weld officially announces he is challenging Trump for GOP nomination in 2020

I'll register as a Republican and try to primary Trump if you guys will.

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #385 on: April 15, 2019, 09:30:59 pm »

So peripheral that i couldn't follow it. But it's Spring Break and I've had a few more than 8 ounces.

I am, about to start the story and I am already pissed, before I begin.  when, I go to read a fucking article, don't fucking include a stupid video.  if I want a video, i'll go to youtube. 

« Reply #386 on: April 16, 2019, 07:46:47 am »

Hate to discourage participation on this board as it's been getting dismal at times...
but, this was mentioned a few weeks back
and you of all people I thought would have noticed a post with a sexy mash tun with wood sides

I had a dream of beato putting a half-pipe in the rose garden

and Hickenlooper might put one of these in the lincoln bedroom

and Bill Weld is going to try to take trump out in the primaries...bold, but up hill with 80% approval by republicans
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 07:54:14 am by Sïdehätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #387 on: April 16, 2019, 07:51:16 am »

I'll register as a Republican and try to primary Trump if you guys will.
maybe ...but I'm not signing any freaking form for the GOP
Virginia voters in GOP primary must sign statement saying they're Republican
Virginia voters do not register by party, and voting in primaries is open to anyone. However, state law allows a political party to request that voters sign a pledge or statement of party affiliation before casting primary ballots.

slack

« Reply #388 on: April 16, 2019, 08:06:57 am »
ok...funny foot note in an article about his 10 years of taxes
Sanders last year made $110 in music royalties, presumably for his 1987 folk album, "We Shall Overcome"
Hutch, do you have that on Vinyl? (actually, you probably would have burned it if you did)
slack

hutch

« Reply #389 on: April 16, 2019, 08:14:20 am »
ok...funny foot note in an article about his 10 years of taxes
Sanders last year made $110 in music royalties, presumably for his 1987 folk album, "We Shall Overcome"
Hutch, do you have that on Vinyl? (actually, you probably would have burned it if you did)

I have a cd.....

It’s also out on tape

No LP yet...maybe a future RSD edition out on commie red vinyl?